420 Magazine Website Graphics Re-Design Contest

Founder
420 Magazine is seeking a fresh new website home page header and wallpaper re-design.

Here are some of the key points to consider when developing your entry.

1. 420 Magazine Logo at top left, however not a necessity.
2. Use legible fonts that can be read from a distance and retained in memory, from a quick glance. Please do not use crazy fonts that are so cool, that you cannot read them.
3. Simple, clean, classy and professional design using mild Earth tone shades of greens/browns, like dirt and plants. We have many patients and older folks in our community who are unable to handle bright colors, so it must be easy on the eyes.
4. Banner rotation, search box and links structure under header banner will remain.
5. Match the width of the home page structure from the drafts below, which is wider than our current version.

Examples of current drafts in progress that we are not happy with yet.

Draft #1
Draft #2

Winner will receive $420, surprise package from our sponsors and a web development intern position.

Please submit all entries to webmaster@420magazine.com and include mock-ups of the home page with current ads and content of the page exactly as they are, so we can determine how your suggested header and wallpaper looks with our existing content. Just like matching the carpet and drapes or shirts and pants.

Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for your support, we are truly grateful. :goodluck:

:Namaste:

1st :Namaste:

Draft #1 looks great...Clean, easy to see and read, nice spacing, attractive to the eye.

Draft #2 nice layout, but small in features, and kinda dark over all in the headers etc.

Aside from looking quite 'soft', Draft #2 appeals to me much more. The color and layout schemes allow my eyes to relax more. :)

Nice work all around, looking forward to seeing other designs!

:goodluck::high-five::green_heart:

420magDraft1.jpg

I liked the basic idea behind draft #2 but wanted to make a bit more relaxed feeling. I love this community. hope this was ok to post! Im not finished, this is just what I was able to accomplish today...Will finish it up tomorrow hopefully and get the final sent off to the email...

Thank you for your effort brother, it looks really nice. :thanks:

The goal here is to replace the wallpaper and the header, not the content of the page. :circle-of-love:

Sorry for the confusion. To be more clear, that statement has been changed to

include mock-ups of the home page with current ads and content of the page exactly as they are, so we can determine how your suggested header and wallpaper looks with our existing content.

And I did that, I just wanted to continue my look throughout lol...I like creating things lol...no worries.

Also your OP says

so I continued my look...or rather how I would LOVE to see the site one day....

We are grateful for your attempt, however you did not change the wallpaper and header which is the main purpose of this contest. :Namaste:

We are grateful for your attempt, however you did not change the wallpaper and header which is the main purpose of this contest

I don't understand how I failed to change the background and header...I liked your draft #2 and improved on it in my eyes..is that not a change? I did not use the same background, though it looks similar, nor did I use the same layout or style of buttons or headers. I also removed advertising from the banner...I guess I don't understand how "Change" was meant...lol

Oh well. Was worth a shot! Glad I could at least do something even if it is what it was supposed to be. Thanks anyways!

We want to change the wallpaper and the header, however it looks like you changed the content instead.

I'm very sorry, this is not what we are looking for.

Thank you for your attempt brother, we are truly grateful.

Dang! I just saw this!!! How long are you accepting entries?

Until we get what we are looking for, the chosen one. :cheer:

We've received some really good attempts thus far, just not what we are seeking yet.

Bring it on, brother! :thanks:

Dang! I just saw this!!! How long are you accepting entries?

I am actually a professional developer(full stack front to back.) I'd be glad to assist, but I'm no where near interested in a internship for development since I do this as a full time job. Is this off limits to someone like me?

do you guys have a media kit with approved high res logo's, etc in vector formats?

We had so much success with our logo contest, that we decided to try this as well. Unfortunately as you can see, it hasn't gone so good. At this point, we are interested in completing the project with a paid designer. Please send your resume with portfolio to me via private message, for further discussion. Thank you. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom