• Massmedman

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Uptheholler2

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Light Addict

Votes: 26 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to the 420 Magazine Member of the Month Contest.

420 Magazine would like to include not only our valued growers, but also more of our non-growing members in this contest. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest, but we feel that our Plant and Nug Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:
  • Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
420 Magazine Staff will select nominees, members determine the winner by poll. This does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to a Moderator via private message. When doing so, include detailed reasoning for your nomination. Please do not nominate or suggest nominations in the contest thread, or it will be deleted without notice.

The contest will be open for submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

The winner earns 420 rep points, "Member of the Month" title, 420 Mag T-Shirt, 420 Mag Stickers and 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Sierra Natural Science Contributes All Of The Following Items To Our 420 Contest Winners.
MagicalButter Contributes The Following Item To Our 420 Contest Winners.
420Packaging & Smoke Cones Contribute The Following Items To Our 420 Contest Winners.
Space Case Contributes The Following Item To Our 420 Contest Winners.
Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S. & Canada. We are not responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest, held in January.

Rules:

1. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rational in the contest thread.

2. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Cheating in any form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

3. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

4. In accepting the Member of the Month title, prize(s), and the respect of the members, the winner agrees to wear his/her title with honor and to continue to set the example with his/her actions and posting behavior. To retain the Member of the Month title, the winner must remain compliant with contest rules and site guidelines.

How to Become Member of the Month! :thanks:

:Namaste:

Just to pass the next 2 weeks of :popcorn:

Here's a little joke to pass the time... unofficial hijack, whats your best joke & lets get some light hearted humor on the go :thumb:

Q: How do you know you are a true stoner?

A: When your bong gets washed more than your dishes!

:smokin:

A ship was traveling in a dangerous part of the sea. The captain saw a pirate ship approaching their vessel. The captain yells to his crew, "Bring me my red shirt!" The crew brings him his red shirt, he puts it on, and leads the men in battle. They lose one man, but on the whole it was a great victory. Everyone wonders what the deal is with the red shirt, but they just shrug it off.

A few days later, the captain sees 2 pirate ships in the distance. He again yells, "Bring me my red shirt!" The crew does so, and they fight off the pirates. They lose a few more men this time, but at least most of them are unscratched. However this time curiosity got the best of them, and they ask the Captain why he's asked for his red shirt during the battles. He answers, "Well crew, I know all of you look to me for support and morale. I knew there would be a good chance of me getting injured and I didn't want you to see me all bloody and fear that all is lost. Therefore I put on a red shirt in order that my injuries will blend in with the shirt."

A few weeks later, the ship is traveling and in the distance, there are 10 pirate ships.
The captain spots this and yells
"Haaaarrrrr!!!! Bring me my brown pants!!!"

Mmm short on humor i see... i thought the captain & pirate ship was pretty good :thumb:

Well i found a couple of one liners i liked a little bit on the dry side of things but that is just my sense of humor.

1. Freedom doesn't exist if nature is illegal.

2. I stay high cause I like the view.

I dont have any jokes or one-liners, but I do have a nomination.

I nominate...

Everybody!

:party:

The IRS decides to audit Grandpa, and summons him to the IRS office.

The IRS auditor was not surprised when Grandpa showed up with his attorney.

The auditor said, 'Well, sir, you have an extravagant lifestyle and no full-time employment, Which you explain by saying that you win money gambling. I'm not sure the IRS finds that believable.'

I'm a great gambler, and I can prove it,' says Grandpa. 'How about a demonstration?'

The auditor thinks for a moment and said, 'Okay. Go ahead.'

Grandpa says, 'I'll bet you a thousand dollars that I can bite my own eye.'

The auditor thinks a moment and says, 'It's a bet.'

Grandpa removes his glass eye and bites it.

The auditor's jaw drops.

Grandpa says, 'Now, I'll bet you two thousand dollars that I can bite my other eye.' Now the auditor can tell Grandpa isn't blind, so he takes the bet.

Grandpa removes his dentures and bites his good eye.

The stunned auditor now realizes he has wagered and lost three grand, with Grandpa's attorney as a witness. He starts to get nervous.

'Want to go double or nothing?' Grandpa asks 'I'll bet you six thousand dollars that I can stand on one side of your desk, and pee into that wastebasket on the other side, and never get a drop anywhere in between.'

The auditor, twice burned, is cautious now, but he looks carefully and decides there's no way this old guy could possibly manage that stunt, so he agrees again.

Grandpa stands beside the desk and unzips his pants, but although he strains mightily, he can't make the stream reach the wastebasket on the other side, so he pretty much urinates all over the auditor's desk.

The auditor leaps with joy, realizing that he has just turned a major loss into a huge win.

But Grandpa's attorney moans and puts his head in his hands.

'Are you okay?' the auditor asks.

'Not really,' says the attorney. 'This morning, when Grandpa told me he'd been summoned for an audit, he bet me twenty-five thousand dollars that he could come in here and pee all over your desk and that you'd be happy about it.

That was a great joke. I told my husband and hes still laughing. haha

It brings us great pleasure to announce that our long time valued Sponsor Sierra Natural Science has finally gotten their Perfect Mix™ nutrient line perfected and shipping to customers!

Use Sierra Natural Science Perfect Mix™ in a 3-part nutrient system for rapidly growing plants during all phases of the growth cycle.

SNS Perfect Mix™ Grow Formula provides nutrients and natural plant extracts for structural and foliar growth. Combine with Perfect Mix™ Micro & Perfect Mix™ Bloom to provide a specialized nutrient system for rapidly growing plants during all phases of the growth cycle.

SNS Perfect Mix™ Micro Nutrient Formula provides nutrients, natural plant extracts, minerals and trace elements. Combine Perfect Mix™ Micro with Perfect Mix™ Grow & Perfect Mix™ Bloom to provide a specialized nutrient system for rapidly growing plants during all phases of the growth cycle.

SNS Perfect Mix™ Bloom Formula provides nutrients, natural plant extract & minerals for the reproductive growth stage of the plant (Flowering and Fruiting). Combine Perfect Mix™ Bloom with Perfect Mix™ Grow & Perfect Mix™ Micro to provide a specialized nutrient system for rapidly growing plants during all phases of the growth cycle.

Each lucky winner of our 3 monthly contests will now receive the nutrients, in addition to everything else. :cheer:

We are truly grateful for Sierra Natural Science's contributions to our mission, just as well as yours. :circle-of-love:

:Namaste:

you wash bongs lol I still have my original one from the 70's

Mmm short on humor i see... i thought the captain & pirate ship was pretty good :thumb:

Well i found a couple of one liners i liked a little bit on the dry side of things but that is just my sense of humor.

1. Freedom doesn't exist if nature is illegal.

2. I stay high cause I like the view.

Okay, this joke was told to me by a member of the native village closest to where I live. It was his attempt to explain 'why the people of the other village are so ugly'. It's probably been told other ways but this is how he told it to me.

Now, apparently the men of this village were 'always a bit ugly'. They were always looking for wives who would give them beautiful children, but they found it hard, because of their homely appearance.

Anyway.... many many many years ago when ------- Village was still very small, their people had fallen on hard times and were very hungry. So their seven strongest men took a canoe and decided to cross the ocean to seek their fortune and try to bring some food and wealth back to the village, and possibly some pretty wives.
The seven ugly men paddled for several days across the ocean before coming to a strange sight.
There was a large sea serpent thrashing in the water creating a great commotion. Drawing closer they saw that it had a spear in it's side and was in great pain. Suddenly, to their great surprise it spoke to them saying -
"Oh tiny people please help me. Remove this thing from my side that is hurting me so, and I will try to grant you whatever you wish for in life"
The creature lay on its side. Paddling closer the men pulled alongside and working together they removed the spear. The serpent breathed a great sigh of relief and said
"Thank you little ones. Now tell me what it is you wish for"

The first man in the canoe thought long and hard. Somehow in the moment managing to forget all about the hungry people of the village back home, he said
"I know what I want!! I want to be the handsomest man in the world!!"

And so it was. He was transformed before their eyes. The others looked in awe at the heroic figure in front of them.

"Yes! Yes! Me too! Me too!", most of the others greedily cried "I want to be the handsomest man as well!!!!"

And so it went. Down the line. They all were transformed to be handsome. They looked at each other, smiling with happiness at what they saw.

Till they got to the last man. The one among them, actually, who had the best head on his shoulders, who also happened to be the one who was the handsomest of the bunch, before they met the sea serpent.

" Oh great serpent!

I wish for....

you to turn all those other guys ugly again!! "

And so, apparently, that's why to this day the members of ------- Village are all 'so ugly'.A bit of local traditional knowledge passed on to me by a local elder, so it must be true....

Here's one my Bride doesn't like me telling.

I had been away from home for a while and eventually found myself standing in front of a brothel. I walked in and went up to the Madam. I gave her 500 hundred dollars and I said, Maam I'd like your ugliest woman and bologna sandwich! The Madam looked surprised at me and said, " Why Sir for this kind of dough you can have my most beautiful woman and a 5 course meal!" I said , "Listen lady I ain't horney I'm homesick!"

Okay, this joke was told to me by a member of the native village closest to where I live. It was his attempt to explain 'why the people of the other village are so ugly'. It's probably been told other ways but this is how he told it to me.

Now, apparently the men of this village were 'always a bit ugly'. They were always looking for wives who would give them beautiful children, but they found it hard, because of their homely appearance.

Anyway.... many many many years ago when ------- Village was still very small, their people had fallen on hard times and were very hungry. So their seven strongest men took a canoe and decided to cross the ocean to seek their fortune and try to bring some food and wealth back to the village, and possibly some pretty wives.
The seven ugly men paddled for several days across the ocean before coming to a strange sight.
There was a large sea serpent thrashing in the water creating a great commotion. Drawing closer they saw that it had a spear in it's side and was in great pain. Suddenly, to their great surprise it spoke to them saying -
"Oh tiny people please help me. Remove this thing from my side that is hurting me so, and I will try to grant you whatever you wish for in life"
The creature lay on its side. Paddling closer the men pulled alongside and working together they removed the spear. The serpent breathed a great sigh of relief and said
"Thank you little ones. Now tell me what it is you wish for"

The first man in the canoe thought long and hard. Somehow in the moment managing to forget all about the hungry people of the village back home, he said
"I know what I want!! I want to be the handsomest man in the world!!"

And so it was. He was transformed before their eyes. The others looked in awe at the heroic figure in front of them.

"Yes! Yes! Me too! Me too!", most of the others greedily cried "I want to be the handsomest man as well!!!!"

And so it went. Down the line. They all were transformed to be handsome. They looked at each other, smiling with happiness at what they saw.

Till they got to the last man. The one among them, actually, who had the best head on his shoulders, who also happened to be the one who was the handsomest of the bunch, before they met the sea serpent.

" Oh great serpent!

I wish for....

you to turn all those other guys ugly again!! "

And so, apparently, that's why to this day the members of ------- Village are all 'so ugly'.A bit of local traditional knowledge passed on to me by a local elder, so it must be true....

Biblical!

Back
Top Bottom