420 Magazine's Creme De La Creme Photo Contest: April 2017

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to the 420 Magazine's Creme De la Creme Photo Contest!

The purpose of this new contest is to help us source the very best photographs of plants, colas and nugs for our daily Instagram and Facebook updates.

Our galleries are packed with over a million member-submitted photos and we are looking for the very best. If you've got an eye for a great shot, this contest is for you.

What To Do
Go to our 420 Galleries and search for the best photographs of plants, colas & nugs. Submit them to this thread, making sure to credit the member who took the shot, (or yourself if it's yours). You may post up to 30 photographs every month, 10 plants, 10 colas (tops) & 10 nugs (buds).

What Makes A Great Photo
Composition: Is the photograph well-balanced? Is it clean, free from clutter and background distractions? Does it catch the eye?
Color: Do the colors look true-to-life? Do the colors in the background set off the plant or nug well?
Lighting: The direction of light and shadow defines the lines and shapes. A good photograph paints with light. Best photos are usually in normal lighting, although some shots with LED and/or HPS can be amazing, if done properly.

All images must be able to be cropped into a square and still look good, for proper placement on our social networking sites. Please keep this in mind when selecting/submitting photos. For instance, a wide photo of a nug where the nug top and bottom extend to each side of the rectangular frame, would not crop into a square without chopping the bud in half.

The contest will be open for submissions from the first until the last day of the month. Winners will be decided by the 420 Moderation Team and announced in-thread.

1st Place Prize: 420 Rep Points, "420 Gallery Contest Winner" title, Medium 420 Magazine Nug Jar, Bic 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Mag Stickers!

2nd Place Prize: 420 Rep Points, "420 Gallery Contest Winner" title, Bic 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Mag Stickers!

3rd Place Prize: 420 Rep Points, "420 Gallery Contest Winner" title, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Mag Stickers!

If your own photos are included in the submission and chosen, the winner's title will be 420 Photo Contest Winner.

Crop King Seeds Contributes The Following To Our 420 Contest Winners:
Seedsman Cannabis Seeds Contributes The Following To Our 420 Contest Winners:
The Kind Pen Contributes The Following Item To Our 420 Contest First Place Winner:

With so many contests and even more winners, we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to offer organizing the 'gifting' of prizes anymore. Due to the nature of numerous, confusing logistics involved, delivery times get pushed back weeks waiting for everyone to reply with contact information, which causes delays in getting prizes to everyone. This causes a massive drain on our resources when everyone starts asking where their prizes are and why it's taking so long, some have even gone as far as to complain in public about us being lazy stoners, which couldn't be further from the truth. Mistakes in translations have also occurred, wasting valuable time, energy & shipping costs. Obviously you may pass prizes on yourself, and you are more than welcome to contact the sponsor yourself with a 'gifting' request.

Please embed all photo urls here for display with our watermarks still intact.
We want to be in control of the cropping, since we know exactly what we are looking for.

Contest Guidelines:

1. The contest is open to members with 50 or more posts.

2. Contest entries must be original photos from our Gallery, and due credit must be given to the original member/photographer. Please make sure to post the name of the original submitter with your submissions or the entries will be disqualified.

3. Entries must include ONLY photos of the plant(s) and/or nugs(s) and/or cola(s). No nudity or alcohol.

4. Maximum of 30 photos per entry, 10 plants, 10 colas (tops) & 10 nugs (buds). Please submit all of your entries into one post, updating or adding photos throughout the month is prohibited and will result in the submissions being disqualified.

5. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the entry in any thread outside the contest, a signature link to the entry and campaigning via PMs - will result in the entry being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests.

6. If you are uploading photographs, remember to do so through our Photo Gallery before posting them on this thread: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

7. Editing Photos: Please do not crop the photos, add text, images and/or any effects or the submissions will be disqualified. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them. Plus it gives us the decision on how and where to crop, for ultimate quality.

8. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community and/or 420 Magazine sponsors are not permitted to enter our contests.

By posting a submission into this contest, it is assumed that you have read and agree to abide by each of the aforementioned guidelines. Consider your submission your "virtual signature".

1.gif

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Join Our Other Contests:
420 Magazine's Member of the Month
420 Magazine's Grow Journal Of The Month
420 Magazine's Plant of the Month
420 Magazine's Nug of the Month

You post your best 10 plant shots, 10 flower shots and 10 dried buds pictures of your choosing Spookie.. Now I know you have alot of great plant pictures... BTW that was a gem of a plant,, still has me pissed,,, But the best of luck peoples,,, Keepem Green

Humbly submitted, here is my entry to this month's photography contest.

Enjoy these ten new centerfolds, featuring an array of beauties from my current grow.

Each contestant has her own unique appeal. Don't blame me if it's hard to pick a favorite because I sure can't! :love:

20170331_091316_c.jpg

20170331_091226_c.jpg

024c.jpg

20170331_091520_c.jpg

20170405_090151_c.jpg

20170407_053133_c.jpg

20170411_083708_c.jpg

20170411_083810_c.jpg

20170411_083817_c.jpg

20170411_084002_c.jpg

Best regards to all! Keep 'em Green!

Peace, Hyena

BTW what is that one 'foxtailed' looking girl of? Nice pictures.. Keepem Green

I'm running a Blue Dream back cross, and since I never found the banana I never knew which plant (of four BD's) had produced the pollen. So, because some of the seeds are from a self-fertilized plant there are some interesting phenos.

The one you refer to is a VERY "Sativa" pheno. Two of them emerged out of seven plants, they are like giraffes compared to their sisters. And very pretty when they fluff up, even the calyxes with their white-hair pistils seem taller.

I posted a few more shots of them in my journal, a couple of the colas are so fuzzy they look like an actual fox tail.

Peace, Hyena

My first entry into this contest :Namaste:

Tops​

0082033.JPG

Credit potchimp

20170312_162536.jpg

Credit Rifleman

20170125_204051.jpg

Credit twox

0042867.JPG

Credit potchimp

002753.JPG

Credit potchimp

Photo_12_-_North_2_-_Day_78.jpg

Credit Hashgirl

Lady_B.jpg

Credit Cannafan-

white_cookies_2_2.jpg

Credit Cannafan-

blue_dot_21.jpg

Credit OG1969-

DSC0017310.jpg

Credit Cola monster

Nugs​

0042826.JPG

Credit potchimp

super_cheese_bud.jpg

Credit Cannafan-

Celebration_treat.jpg

Credit Cannafan-

20161009_1437121.jpg

Credit oldschool64

P4140767.JPG

Credit ShiggityFlip-

Screenshot_2015-12-03-22-46-39.png

Credit Mr Am4zin-

PicsArt_12-09-12_32_16.jpg

Credit Marsbadrock-

DSCN95621.JPG

Credit Greytail

IMG_44381.JPG

Credit OGKUSHHEAD

DSCN32493.JPG

Credit Greytail-

Plants​

20150313_222442.jpg

Credit Subnoise-

20130715_162238.jpg

Credit LightAddict-

20170315_122357.jpg

Credit Rifleman-

DSCN12898.JPG

Credit JB42

20130715_162349.jpg

Credit LightAddict-

20161006_224342.JPG

Credit Mr Am4zin-

20131114_134916.jpg

Credit LightAddict-

bubblegum_day_152_side_view.jpg

Credit

IMAG45692.jpg

Credit LightAddict-

20150403_044438-1.jpg

Credit Atrain

I do have to say something,,, Mr Am4zin, man, I looked back at old pictures on 420,,, and I got a headache.... Was SOOO many GREAT pictures...... More than I could ever put in one folder.... I've looked thru others pictures and see sooo many picture purfect sets and you've done a great one...

Fantastic spread you've put together.... GL amd Keepem Green

Here is some recent ones from my Pakistan Chitral Kush cross Kali-China Yunnan limited edition by ACE Seeds. Described as 80% Indica with a pleasant and relaxed hashplant effect, that is not too heavy.

2 of The Baby
CIMG1819.jpg
Just for fun
CIMG1815.jpg

Another fun one maybe not any use.
CIMG1844.jpg

Now some Cola I think.
CIMG2024.jpg

CIMG21382.jpg

from the top
CIMG2193.jpg

another
CIMG2194.jpg

CIMG22203.jpg

CIMG2209.jpg

CIMG22242.jpg

CIMG22151.jpg

CIMG22301.jpg

CIMG2231.jpg

I think one or more of the cola shots was a total plant so one more for good measure.
I think this tis the top most bud on the plant.
CIMG2238.jpg

Hope you can use something, have at it :surf:
:ciao:

Here is some recent ones from my Pakistan Chitral Kush cross Kali-China Yunnan limited edition by ACE Seeds. Described as 80% Indica with a pleasant and relaxed hashplant effect, that is not too heavy.

. . .

CIMG22203.jpg

Keltic, You have grown your Pakistan Chitral Kush cross Kali-China Yunnan with style and photojournalistic appreciation for her grace. :bravo:

Keltic, You have grown your Pakistan Chitral Kush cross Kali-China Yunnan with style and photojournalistic appreciation for her grace. :bravo:

Thank you so very much. In the last 2 plus years of growing this is my favorite strain to grow, so far. The smell is a sweet mango with a touch of creamy-ness.
You have always been inspirational along my grow.
And indeed the color on these buds reminds me of good times.

Thanks Rad :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom