420 Magazine's Member of the Month: October 2017

420 Magazine's Member of the Month - October 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to the 420 Magazine Member of the Month Contest.

420 Magazine would like to include not only our valued growers, but also more of our non-growing members in this contest. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest, but we feel that our Plant and Nug Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
420 Magazine Staff will select nominees, members determine the winner by poll. This does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to a Moderator via private message. When doing so, include detailed reasoning for your nomination. Please do not nominate or suggest nominations in the contest thread, or it will be deleted without notice.

The contest will be open from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST. At one minute past midnight on the 15th, we will begin voting for a winner.

Voting From Mobile Device: Voting in contest polls can be done by using the 420 Magazine mobile app directly from a smartphone. On your smartphone's browser (Google Chrome works best), from within any post/thread, touch the screen and in the pop up window, choose "More", then choose "Web View". At the bottom of the page, choose "Desktop Version". You may have to pinch outwards to zoom in close enough to click on the polls. Additional information can be found here

If this is too confusing, you can log in from a PC until we get this feature added to the app.

The winner earns 420 rep points, "Member of the Month" title, 420 Mag T-Shirt, Bic 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Mag Stickers, 420 Magazine Magnet, Medium 420 Magazine Nug Jar & Small 420 Magazine Nug Jar

MagicalButter Contributes:

420Packaging and Smoke Cones Contribute:
Space Case Contributes:
Crop King Seeds Contributes:
Gorilla Seeds Contributes:
Vapor Warehouse Contributes:
The Kind Pen Contributes:
SmokingOutlet.net Contributes:
Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S.
We are not responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional information on prize shipping can be found
here

With so many contests and even more winners, we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to offer organizing the 'gifting' of prizes anymore. Due to the nature of numerous, confusing logistics involved, delivery times get pushed back weeks waiting for everyone to reply with contact information, which causes delays in getting prizes to everyone. This causes a massive drain on our resources when everyone starts asking where their prizes are and why it's taking so long, some have even gone as far as to complain in public about us being lazy stoners, which couldn't be further from the truth. Mistakes in translations have also occurred, wasting valuable time, energy & shipping costs. Obviously you may pass prizes on yourself, and you are more than welcome to contact the sponsor yourself with a 'gifting' request.

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rational in the contest thread.

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the nomination in any thread outside the contest and campaigning via PMs - will result in the member being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests.

4. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

5. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community will not be nominated.

6. In accepting the Member of the Month title, prize(s), and the respect of the members, the winner agrees to wear his/her title with honor and to continue to set the example with his/her actions and posting behavior. To retain the Member of the Month title, the winner must remain compliant with contest rules and site guidelines.

Contests Are Legitimate: Now that votes are publicly visible, it should be obvious who is voting. We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

I just found out 420magazine.com has contest monthly thats pretty awesome gift cards and just free gifts in general. If you ask me not like my 2 cents matter but thats alright man whoever came up with this it was a genius plan i love this website and will (reefer) my friends...lol see what i did there...anyways kudos to the inventors...peace

:popcorn:

Cool subbing up!

:blunt:

It's that time again for me to ask for your nominations for October's MOTM. I've already received a few crackers, but there's always room for more.

I'm not feeling too creative today, so instead of my usual alliterative list of crucial criteria, here's what we're looking for, from the first post above:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations

Just drop me or any Mod a Private Message with your nominations. And please don't forget to give us your reasons why. No nominations in-thread please.

:thanks:

Last call, Ladies and Gentlemen, for your nominations for this month's shortlist before voting starts on the 15th.

Check the criteria in the above post and PM me or any Mod with a name or two and, importantly, your reasons why.

Looking forward to a final set of PMs from y'all. :nomo:

Shortlist for Member of the Month - October

Thank you, everyone for your nominations and kind words about fellow members.

The Mods review every suggestion. Here is the final shortlist. Comments are a selection lifted from your nominations.

The poll is now open for your votes until the end of the month.

@VexGrows
"I must nominate VexGrows. He's all over the forum with impeccable info and knowledge. Ultra deserving."
"VexGrows is very active and very helpful. He's also very supportive of members and of sponsors. Please do consider him on this month's list."
"His posts are always helpful or informative. And he's very active everywhere."

@imtoasted
"I've given some thought to this particular person who hangs out in the backgrounds but is always giving others solid advice and boosting others confidence when it comes to growing. He is very encouraging, his journal is very simple to follow and he has helped me numerous times. I'd like to nominate this month imtoasted for again continuing to help others during the hard times he has had to overcome during his grow. "

@DeVille
"This guy is great in helping about lighting questions. he knows his stuff, doesn't pretend to know when he doesn't, and is really reliable."
"DeVille posts across many forums - FAQs, lighting, journals, sponsors, seeds & strains - everywhere. His posts are always positive and helpful. Better the devil you know!"

@Pennywise
"I have to nominate Pennywise. He's really active in journals and really supportive. His attitude is one of the reasons I joined here and he has been of great help to me and I'm sure many other members. He is a really deserving nomination."
"Pennywise is a no-brainer for your shortlist! I think it's now been six months since he last won. He is just so 420 Magazine - friendly, helpful and everywhere!"

Thank you to each of you for what you do for our community. Good luck to you all. :circle-of-love:

Last call, Ladies and Gentlemen, for your nominations for this month's shortlist before voting starts on the 15th.

Check the criteria in the above post and PM me or any Mod with a name or two and, importantly, your reasons why.

Looking forward to a final set of PMs from y'all. :nomo:

Crap can't believe I forgot to participate in this one oh well here now ..

WOW!!!

This place is beyond amazing! I've never been involved in such a positive community who share my ever growing passion.

I've moderated on a PC gaming website in the past, people can be very nasty in that world. lol

Not here! Always great vibes, knowledge, 420 awareness, guidance, and not to mention the laughs.

I am truly honored to even be nominated, with such kind words from my peers.

I must say, I would have delayed my first journal if it weren't for PennyWise. I was nervous and afraid to fail for all to see. His motivating words and great journals gave me the confidence to proceed. He's helped so many members at all levels of experience.

I can't forget my man, Toasted. Always there to help and motivate. His grows are an inspiration as well!

I haven't had the pleasure of interacting with Deville, but have seen him posting in many journals. Kudos!

Good luck, all!!

Holy shit! Wow!

Really honoured good folks. I don't really know what to say.

Except

Thanks for the very kind words. Just trying to return the love I was met with when I first came here

Vex, Toasted and Deville are all worthy of the title and 420 mag wouldn't be what is without members like these reaching out to others and giving so much to the community. Cheers guys!!

I was speechless coming here and seeing my name again.. three months in a row?? Wow!! I feel like ive won something more special there, in that regard.

Ive never been apart of a community where they accepted me and appreciated what i do so much.. then let me know about it as well! Feels so good.

I came here to help myself then i realized i wanted to help everyone else more.. after all the help i received aided in my first and now second harvests.

I try to give back as much as possible.. yall give me lots of positive energy in my life. Some days ill wait to look at the forums.. just building up the suspense. So much fun, like a little kid on christmas day lol.

Yall are the best and it means so much to be nominated again.. thank you guys for everything!!!

Back
Top Bottom