420 Magazine's Member of the Month: January 2018

420 Magazine's Member of the Month - January 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to the 420 Magazine Member of the Month Contest

420 Magazine would like to include not only our valued growers, but also more of our non-growing members in this contest. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest, but we feel that our Plant and Nug Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
420 Magazine Staff will select nominees, members determine the winner by poll. This does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to a Moderator via private message. When doing so, include detailed reasoning for your nomination. Please do not nominate or suggest nominations in the contest thread, or it will be deleted without notice.

The contest will be open from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST. At one minute past midnight on the 15th, we will begin voting for a winner.

The winner earns 420 rep points, "Member of the Month" title, 420 Mag T-Shirt, Bic 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Mag Stickers, 420 Magazine Magnet, Medium 420 Magazine Nug Jar & Small 420 Magazine Nug Jar

MagicalButter Contributes:

420Packaging & Smoke Cones Contribute:
Space Case Contributes:
Crop King Seeds Contributes:
Gorilla Seeds Contributes:
Vapor Warehouse Contribute:
Terpinator Contributes:
GeoPot Contributes:
Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S.
We are not responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional information on prize shipping can be found
here

With so many contests and even more winners, we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to offer organizing the 'gifting' of prizes anymore. Due to the nature of numerous, confusing logistics involved, delivery times get pushed back weeks waiting for everyone to reply with contact information, which causes delays in getting prizes to everyone. This causes a massive drain on our resources when everyone starts asking where their prizes are and why it's taking so long, some have even gone as far as to complain in public about us being lazy stoners, which couldn't be further from the truth. Mistakes in translations have also occurred, wasting valuable time, energy & shipping costs. Obviously you may pass prizes on yourself, and you are more than welcome to contact the sponsor yourself with a 'gifting' request.

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rational in the contest thread.

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the nomination in any thread outside the contest and campaigning via PMs - will result in the member being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests.

4. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

5. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community will not be nominated.

6. In accepting the Member of the Month title, prize(s), and the respect of the members, the winner agrees to wear his/her title with honor and to continue to set the example with his/her actions and posting behavior. To retain the Member of the Month title, the winner must remain compliant with contest rules and site guidelines.

Contests Are Legitimate: Now that votes are publicly visible, it should be obvious who is voting. We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

:popcorn:

We don't get a Member of the Month nominee list without nominees.

You are warmly invited to PM me or any Mod with a member who you feel has been worthy of this title over the last few weeks.

A name and a few reason why please. No nominations in this thread.

And thank you to those of you who are quick off the mark and already sent through some suggestions. :thanks:

Happy New Year to you all. :circle-of-love:

:nomo:

In case you missed it in the prize list, we'd like to draw your attention to two new Member of the Month sponsors. :woohoo:

Terpinator Contributes:

Terpinator, is a unique product, formulated to increase the production of terpenoids in aromatic plant oils and glands.

Terpinator has a neutral PH of about 6 and should not affect your parts per millions (PPMs). This product can be used from vegetating state all the way through flush. We recommend 15 - 30 ml/Gal for the last 4-6 weeks of flowers, and all the way through flush. Terpinator has been tested at a very high concentrations with a large variety of nutrients and mediums - never with any results of burning or negative effects. It can therefore be used through the entire cycle of growth without concern

:thanks: Terpinator

GeoPot Contributes:

The primary advantage of the GeoPot is its air pruning capability, which results in healthier roots being able to provide more nutrients to the plant. With GeoPot, when the plant roots reach the container's edge its root tips are trapped by the porous fabric and when these root tips meet the air on the outside of the pot, they are naturally pruned. This pruning process forces lateral branching of desired fibrous feeder roots. These fibrous roots are more productive in the uptake of water and nutrients, resulting in a healthier, more robust plant that utilizes the entire root zone for optimum plant growth.

:thanks: GeoPot

In case you missed it in the prize list, we'd like to draw your attention to two new Member of the Month sponsors. :woohoo:

Terpinator Contributes:

Terpinator, is a unique product, formulated to increase the production of terpenoids in aromatic plant oils and glands.

Terpinator has a neutral PH of about 6 and should not affect your parts per millions (PPMs). This product can be used from vegetating state all the way through flush. We recommend 15 - 30 ml/Gal for the last 4-6 weeks of flowers, and all the way through flush. Terpinator has been tested at a very high concentrations with a large variety of nutrients and mediums - never with any results of burning or negative effects. It can therefore be used through the entire cycle of growth without concern

:thanks: Terpinator

GeoPot Contributes:

The primary advantage of the GeoPot is its air pruning capability, which results in healthier roots being able to provide more nutrients to the plant. With GeoPot, when the plant roots reach the container's edge its root tips are trapped by the porous fabric and when these root tips meet the air on the outside of the pot, they are naturally pruned. This pruning process forces lateral branching of desired fibrous feeder roots. These fibrous roots are more productive in the uptake of water and nutrients, resulting in a healthier, more robust plant that utilizes the entire root zone for optimum plant growth.

:thanks: GeoPot
Awesome! I'm sold on the terpinator! It's really great stuff and has my plants stinking like crazy and covered in frost. I will advise users, it DOES raise ppm as it is a 0 0 4. But again, love the product!

Thank you geopots. I haven't tried one, but those who use them do really well with them.

Thank you for supporting 420 mag and our awesome community!

I've received some great and very well-expressed nominations so far this month. :thanks:

Last call for any further nominations before the list is posted on the 15th. As ever, PM me or any Mod - no nominations in the thread.

:circle-of-love:

Nominee List

Here are the nominees for the January Member of the Month contest.

Thank you to all these deserving members for everything you do for our community.

And thanks too to all those members who took the time to put these names forward.

Comments are from some of your nominations.

@imtoasted
"Imtoasted is a symbol of success, generosity and grow results. Everywhere you turn he is giving advice, making grow dreams happen or just making someone smile. He has a keen eye for the most beautiful plants and helps anyone when he gets the chance. After all this time, this grower deserves to be acknowledged for his cultivating contribution to the forum and the laughter he brings us daily."

@GrowchyzGardenOfGreen
"This guy deserves it hands down. He’s here on a daily basis helping others and spreading word on some of the sponsors he’s journaling for." "He reaches out to new members needing assistance and his instructions are usually spot on. He’s been assisting in the grow journals for some time now with little recognition. I think it’s his time." "I have learned so much from this awesome member, and he often is over in FAQ helping members with their plant problems. 420 is a more positive, informative and fun community because of G3."

@Grandpa Tokin
"Grandpa Tokin just finished a very successful GG#4 /ASD grow in RDWC. This grow helped pave the way for my own system and all the help and encouragement he gives I feel really embodies the spirit of this community. Not to mention he's a genuinely nice dude who would be very deserving of the title and would represent 420 Magazine well."

@Eyes4grandpa
"A man who can see the world through his fingertips, now he is growing for the win. Not only is he growing his own medicine, but he also finds the time to send his blessings across the forum which makes the place even more special. How can a man who sees so much in us, be visually impaired and smiling the entire way? Please recognize this man for the love he brings to our forum, the detailed product reviews he writes about our sponsors, and the wisdom he shares with us daily. He is one of a kind, the kind of man who needs to be The One!"

@Cultivator
"An established grower with history here, he brings a wealth of knowledge to the table. His field of expertise has been growing in Coco, but has also experience in other mediums, so has advice and problem solving to serve many. Anyone who is subscribed to the "Ask Us Anything" thread will see he has spent a considerable amount of time helping newer growers. A level headed sort with a no nonsense approach and a great and selfless member of our community."

@InTheShed
"Wow. What a guy! He's always taking the time to reach out to new growers. His advice is always sound, and he takes the time to link people to exact posts instead of leaving them to fend for themselves and scour 420 for answers. His dedication, humorous wit, and knowledge of cannabis already makes this member a winner in my book."

The poll is now open.

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

Congrats to all the Noms!

Definitely all worthy of the honor!

Thankyou for tbe kind nomination. Its made my day even if i get no votes. Ive had a really rough few weeks and this has put the first smile on my face for a while. Thankyou, means alot.
Very well deserved cult. You're our 420 coco guru! Sorry to hear you've had a rough go of it latley...

Big shout out to all those who made the nomination short list! You are all solid members, and I am honored to call my friends. Best of luck to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom