Thread: 420 Magazine's Plant of the Month Contest - June 2009

Post Thanks / Like

re: 420 Magazine's Plant of the Month Contest - June 2009

looking amazing - No Poll yet?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fuuji0019 View Post
    looking amazing - No Poll yet?!
    the poll always goes up at the end of the month. entries are accepted up until then

this way voting starts after ALL entries are submitted

Post Thanks / Like

holy shit greensisland shut this thread down

420 Member, Nug, and Plant of the Month Winner pan4gold49's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice plants so far.

This is my entry for this month is the Alaskan Ice plant
    < Pan4 in his garden - photo by nbk380 >

<NBK380 with a heavy alaskan ice - photo by Pan4>

She's very big and bushy and that was her last picture before harvest.

Pan4

420 Plant of the Month: 2nd Place Winner PotPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to throw my hat in the ring this month also. This is my very first grow. This plant was grown from bag-seed. This picture was taken a few minutes ago. The plant is 106 days old and 51 days into flower. I am guessing I'm about 2 weeks from harvest. the plant is about 37-38 inches tall right now.

Pan, your garden looks awesome. NBK looks like he is going out to tie his christmas tree on top of his car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice Entries

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Potpie,

Awesome grow. I hope you keep us all posted as to the final product. Either way, the plant could not look any happier!!

Plant, Nug, and 2nd Place Member of the Month Winner (July 10') greenisland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, some sweet pics popping up on this thread! So yes, I really do need to get back in the breeding program. But as Im sure all of you who have (run breeding programs before) know, it takes a lot of resources and time. And if you want to work towards something as spectacular as Nosebleed it could take years, or in nosebleeds case 4 years. Its something you really have to have a lot of patience with, especially when you dont have the resources at hand that the seed banks do. So I guess Im just hessitant to start a project that just may take up the next 2-5 yrs of my life. However you guys just may have given me the push I needed to get the ball rolling. Honestly this forum is the first to ever bear witness to Nosebleed and the story behind it. Its a lot more fun when you have people you can talk to about it. I meen I hybridised Nosebleed entirely by myself with noone knowing I was breeding or even gardening for that matter. And when people around town talk about it I kinda have to keep my mouth closed just for security reasons. But since Ive started posting on this forum its nice because I can kinda start taking psuedo credit for things Ive done. Which is really really nice since I have poured my heart and my hard earned cash into this plant for years. And until now I have never even shown a picture of the plant to anyone. In fact only me and a very select few of my friends even know what Nosebleed looks like when its still alive! lol. I really appreciate everyones great comments about my girly NoseBleed though. Like I said in an earlier thread I have been admiring her beauty for years and its nice to be able to share that with others who love the MJ plant as much as I do. Honestly its just nice to talk to other educated people about this plant. cause until I joined this forum I was one quiet solitary person, Well I guess I still am but this gives me the feeling of putting myself out there for all to see my handywork and I like not having to keep everything to myself for once. Thx again guys. And dont forget to vote at the end of this month! I would want nothing more than to win. For me there would be nothing better than to be recognised for all the hard work ive put into this plant. It would honestly make my career...lol... career, anyways ...yes... pleeeaaase vote.

Plant, Nug, and 2nd Place Member of the Month Winner (July 10') greenisland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

oh yes and I wanted to say, nice job potpie, for your first grow Im quite impressed. My first one certainly did not look that good, lol. That was waaaayyyyy back in the day though. Great job on trimming up the bottom branches to give the tops more juice. Most people wouldnt know to do that when they first start. One question though...whta kind of light source are you using? is it outdoor or indoor? cause if its indoor, Im even more impressed. lol. Good job man, keep up the great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I look closer it looks like maybe it just stretched a lot an thats why there arent very many lowere branches, hmmmm, I dont know. Fill me in potpie. I may have taken that little lower shooter off, but honestly its all preferance. I just dont like whispy buds, or well, I liiike all buds but I would rather have denser nugs. Thats why I always try to encourage ppl to chop off the lower small braches on most strains before starting the flower cycle (this is not a good idea for ALL strains and growing methods however, just fyi, so dont go butchering your plants unless you know what your doing, lol, I dont want to be responsible for anyone killing their beautiful ladies because of something I said). And yes plz let us know how it turned out after the drying/curing process. Im interested in how it tastes and smells, I like to know all the little nuances of every plant. I just cant help myself, I just want to soak up all the info I can find! whether its here in this forum(a great place for info), or in a book, a magazine or movie! I want to know it all someday! lol,... thats sooooo never gonna happen,... but its a good goal for me to strive for! lol. thx for the pics Potpie...mmmmm, I love potpies!

Member of the Month 2nd Place Winner (Feb 10') DroJo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenisland View Post
    lol, some sweet pics popping up on this thread! So yes, I really do need to get back in the breeding program. But as Im sure all of you who have (run breeding programs before) know, it takes a lot of resources and time. And if you want to work towards something as spectacular as Nosebleed it could take years, or in nosebleeds case 4 years. Its something you really have to have a lot of patience with, especially when you dont have the resources at hand that the seed banks do. So I guess Im just hessitant to start a project that just may take up the next 2-5 yrs of my life. However you guys just may have given me the push I needed to get the ball rolling. Honestly this forum is the first to ever bear witness to Nosebleed and the story behind it. Its a lot more fun when you have people you can talk to about it. I meen I hybridised Nosebleed entirely by myself with noone knowing I was breeding or even gardening for that matter. And when people around town talk about it I kinda have to keep my mouth closed just for security reasons. But since Ive started posting on this forum its nice because I can kinda start taking psuedo credit for things Ive done. Which is really really nice since I have poured my heart and my hard earned cash into this plant for years. And until now I have never even shown a picture of the plant to anyone. In fact only me and a very select few of my friends even know what Nosebleed looks like when its still alive! lol. I really appreciate everyones great comments about my girly NoseBleed though. Like I said in an earlier thread I have been admiring her beauty for years and its nice to be able to share that with others who love the MJ plant as much as I do. Honestly its just nice to talk to other educated people about this plant. cause until I joined this forum I was one quiet solitary person, Well I guess I still am but this gives me the feeling of putting myself out there for all to see my handywork and I like not having to keep everything to myself for once. Thx again guys. And dont forget to vote at the end of this month! I would want nothing more than to win. For me there would be nothing better than to be recognised for all the hard work ive put into this plant. It would honestly make my career...lol... career, anyways ...yes... pleeeaaase vote.
    oh yes and I wanted to say, nice job potpie, for your first grow Im quite impressed. My first one certainly did not look that good, lol. That was waaaayyyyy back in the day though. Great job on trimming up the bottom branches to give the tops more juice. Most people wouldnt know to do that when they first start. One question though...whta kind of light source are you using? is it outdoor or indoor? cause if its indoor, Im even more impressed. lol. Good job man, keep up the great work!
    Now that I look closer it looks like maybe it just stretched a lot an thats why there arent very many lowere branches, hmmmm, I dont know. Fill me in potpie. I may have taken that little lower shooter off, but honestly its all preferance. I just dont like whispy buds, or well, I liiike all buds but I would rather have denser nugs. Thats why I always try to encourage ppl to chop off the lower small braches on most strains before starting the flower cycle (this is not a good idea for ALL strains and growing methods however, just fyi, so dont go butchering your plants unless you know what your doing, lol, I dont want to be responsible for anyone killing their beautiful ladies because of something I said). And yes plz let us know how it turned out after the drying/curing process. Im interested in how it tastes and smells, I like to know all the little nuances of every plant. I just cant help myself, I just want to soak up all the info I can find! whether its here in this forum(a great place for info), or in a book, a magazine or movie! I want to know it all someday! lol,... thats sooooo never gonna happen,... but its a good goal for me to strive for! lol. thx for the pics Potpie...mmmmm, I love potpies!

Post Thanks / Like

Some more pics of NoseBleed for those of you who havent looked at the photo albums. ENJOY. PS:Keep in mind these pics were taken with the HPS light on so their kinda washed out from the orange glow of the HID
    Last edited by Keith Lake; 07-01-2009 at 04:53 AM. Reason: sorry two pics max

420 Plant of the Month: 2nd Place Winner PotPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DGMGH View Post
    Potpie,
    Awesome grow. I hope you keep us all posted as to the final product. Either way, the plant could not look any happier!!
    Many thanks DGMGH!

Thanks greenisland! I vegged using CFLs and I am flowering using a 400W HPS. All indoors. I have only done a very small amount of trimming. But I did remove just a few lower branches.
    Now that I look closer it looks like maybe it just stretched a lot an thats why there arent very many lowere branches, hmmmm, I dont know. Fill me in potpie.
    You are mostly correct. I did remove a few lower branches but most of what you see is just stretch. Thanks for sharing pics of your lovely girl.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Kudos on a grow well done potpie. And thx for looking at my pics of my lovely girl. Im just happy to see other people enjoying her like I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my first entry for the POM contest. It's actually one of two plants of my first bagseed grow. Two weeks (approx.) into flowering.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast