• pan4gold49

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
plantnew.jpg

Please submit a photo of your best plant (there is a separate contest thread for nugs.) We will only accept a self-nomination. We will accept nominations through the end of the month.

Each first place winner will receive 50 rep points and the title "Plant of the Month Winner". Second and third place winners will receive 25 and 10 rep points respectively. Monthly first place winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Plant of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own plant(s).

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the plant/s. You may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting them on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Self-nominations only.

Consolidated Entry Photos

zombee
storkatsu.jpg

storkatsu_1.jpg

DGMGH
Bgum_Male_.JPG

Week_12.JPG

greenisland
super_Nosebleed_rsz_pic.jpg

nosebleed_under_hps_2_resize_pic.jpg

greenmonkey
052809_1649.jpg

pan4gold49
PICT0295.JPG

PICT0309.JPG

PotPie
0913.jpg

0934.jpg

Fumado
plant48.jpg

Katsu bubba kush x B3n7 erdpurt/ Royal dane

storkatsu.jpg

storkatsu_1.jpg

super_Nosebleed_rsz_pic.jpg

So I didnt get a reply on my question so Im just gonna post this. This is the first time the masses have seen this strain before. So if your reading this you may be one of the very first people besides me to lay eyes on this picture,.. ever. I really want to win! so plz vote! or do whatever you need to for me to win! thx! ENJOY THE ASTONISHING BEAUTY OF NOSEBLEED. A great heavy hitting plant. Nosebleed is an amazing looking plant and a true pleasure to smoke. Unveiled here for the first time. Its not new, its just new to the internet and medical cannabis community. Ive had this pic for years waiting to show it! ENJOY!!!

I cannot reply to PMs yet bcause I dont have over 25 posts so hopefully DGMGH gets to read this post. uggghhh! I WANT PM priveleges! ahhhhh!. lol, anyhow, yeah it has actually been a secret for a while now but I think Im willing to realeas the pedigree details now, only because this wonderfull strain has been around for like over 4 years now, and is a clone only plant, and really should be crossed again sometime soon to get the vigor back that has been lost over the years. And well I just want other ppl to see it and addore it like I have. It was a carefully selected Mikado mother(from federation) and the father I beleive started as a cross between Niger sweat and Silver Pearl, and from those seads the best male was breed with the Mikado mother. And then from there, It was one plant that stood out from the rest. And we had Nosebleed!

And as for where the name came from.... well when I was in highschool one day we were joking around and just generally having fun when someone happened to say "I want to get so high my Nosebleeds!" and from there it turned into "Im so high(in elevation) that Im gonna get a nosebleed! Many years later I made this strain, and I had to come up with a shorter name than, Mikado X(Niger sweatXSilver Pearl) And so the name nosebleed was born, its actually become quite famous here pretty fast. And when the plant grows it turns into that blood red/purple color so the name is perfect for it. Im unsure if Niger sweat is available anywhere else but here, cause I think its a local only strain too but Im not positive. As far as Mikado and Silver pearl, the original genetics were from seeds that came from Marc Emery Direct(back when it was still in bussiness.. sniff sniff,.. so sad!) And as far as I know its probably quite posible to somewhat recreate the strain but it would take time and diligence, as well as more time, lol. Messing with designing strains is tedious work and not really my big thing anymore... not for lack of desire but lack of time and resources. Nosebleeds my baby, and I wanted the world to see her before I lose the chance. Also I would like to let u know that the color thay are in those pictures is actually NOT typical for Nosebleed, in fact it only happened that ONE time, but Im almost positive that it (the color shift in late flower) was due to the nutrients and additives I was using, as well as the temp in the room on that particular grow. Im pretty sure I could do it again if wanted though. It was done using GH flora series nutrients with humbolts finest "gravity" added and a low PH maintained. I did not use humbolts finest "purple max" though so I think it was the "gravity" that did it mostly... and the cool temps. Also the buds themselves are not that color but instead are abt 50% purple, especially at the bases of the buds where they attatch to the stem. Its a heavy hitting indica dominant plant and will lock you up for a nice long 4 hrs of starring at NOTHING. lol.. hope this helps, ....

Thanks Greenisland for the really indepth info. I have never heard of the strains you are talking about so it may be a very localised strain. Hopefully one day you can get a breeding programme going again. You are very succesful at it and the knowledge you have on the breeding ups and downs would be priceless for the newbies to growing. Hopefully you will get the time and resources back to keep breeding!

Thanks again for the information.

David

Ill throw my hat in the ring, feel like a noob with greenisland beauty.
052809_1649.jpg

I wanted to throw my hat in the ring this month also. This is my very first grow. This plant was grown from bag-seed. This picture was taken a few minutes ago. The plant is 106 days old and 51 days into flower. I am guessing I'm about 2 weeks from harvest. the plant is about 37-38 inches tall right now.
0913.jpg

0934.jpg

Pan, your garden looks awesome. NBK looks like he is going out to tie his christmas tree on top of his car.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom