My experience with saliva drug test

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Good Kush

Ok so I got an interview with "A company" they use saliva testing... So I went in on a Tuesday at 4 pm, I smoked at around 4 pm the day before on Monday... When they told me I was going to be taking a drug test I simply said I forgot my ID. This bought me some time as I was allowed to "go and get it".... I went home brushed my teeth, smoked a cigarette, brushed them again then I, went to CVS and bought some Listerine pocket packs... I put like 8 or 9 in my mouth and swished it around and spit it out.I got a drink of water, I placed a few of the on the roof of my mouth and tried to keep them from dissolving then I Walked in and said I found my ID. The test began... He handed me a bag with the testing equipment inside, it contained three items, a vial, a bag, and something that looks like a pregnancy test but for your mouth. Its a plastic stick with cotton on the end. I was told to place it in my mouth and let it be soaked by my saliva... While he was telling me this I was busy getting the Listerine strips wet and moving around. When he looked the other way I placed a few more strips in just to feel like I tried my hardest to pass. So one thing for sure that cotton had Listerine in it after I was done with it... There is a dot that turns blue after it gets wet to let you know your finished, it turned blue and I was done. He took it from me and put the cotton piece in the vial then the vial into the bag... Said I would get a call by Friday or Monday at the latest, so its being sent to a lab for sure.

So a quick recap... Saliva tested with in 24 hrs of use, brushed teeth, smoked a cig, brushed teeth, used Listerine pocket pack.

I will update you guys with results! just a few more days and I will know...

ok guys im back a little late but thats because they took their time getting back to me with the results... I Passed! Start orientation soon! So I guess what I did works! by the way im a moderate to heavy smoker.:thumb:

ok guys im back a little late but thats because they took their time getting back to me with the results... I Passed! Start orientation soon! So I guess what I did works! by the way im a moderate to heavy smoker.:thumb:

That's awesome Good Kush!! No piss test? :goodjob:
Sounds like you had the right approach to all this man, good to hear :high-five:

What is your method Kush? Always good to know, never can have enough info here :thumb:

ok to pass a piss test... Its simple and cheep. Here is what you will need, 1 sports top plastic bottle, 1 condom, 1 safety pin, 1 drug free friend, and a very snug pair of under pants.

Ok so what you want to do is have your friend with the clean system pee in the bottle with the sports top. If they can come to the place your drug testing then have them do it in the car so its as fresh as can be, if they cant come no worries just bring a thermometer with you.. I will explain, So when you have the pee in the plastic bottle take the condom out of the wrapper and wash it with soap, or just buy the UN-lubricated type. Then place the condom over the mouth of the bottle and squeeze the pee into the condom and tie it off. Take the safety pin and pin it to to waist ban of your under wear. Next take the condom full of pee and put it rite under your balls. When you go to the drug text use the safety pin to poke a hole in the tip of the condom and squirt it into the cup. Most drug tests have a temperature gauge so that's why you ideally would like your friend to do this in the car or some place very close by so its still very warm, if he cant come then that's where the thermometer comes into play... place the condom of pee on your dash in the sun or even turn on the defroster and heat it up to about 100 degrees and place it under your balls it will hold temperature for about 30 mins. Be careful that when you handle the condom that its not making squeaky latex noises. When done take the condom with you! Make sure its a fresh condom so that its strong you would not want it to bust in your pants lol.

Well yeah it seems like you did not have that long in between smoking and taking the test I had about 24hrs clean time. It sucks to quit but you have to be willing to give up a day or 2

I believe the mouth swab tests.... Couldn't get a job at Home Depot, after the interview they loved me and drug tested me on spot!

I failed... Took a few 1 footer rippers from my glass that morning LOL..

:laughtwo:

I havent smoke in 3months and monday 29 2013 @ 2:00pm i took one puff and hold it in for maybe 1min..well today 7/30/13 i got a call to go in for a interview at 1:45pm for a saliva drug test. before i brushed my teeth and chew on extra long lasting flavor smooth mint gum. I am so nervous.. but as i was pulling it out it tore, the cotton part..she still took it and it had turned blue, but it tore in half. so if you could please give me your opinion. thanks

Ok so I got an interview with "A company" they use saliva testing... So I went in on a Tuesday at 4 pm, I smoked at around 4 pm the day before on Monday... When they told me I was going to be taking a drug test I simply said I forgot my ID. This bought me some time as I was allowed to "go and get it".... I went home brushed my teeth, smoked a cigarette, brushed them again then I, went to CVS and bought some Listerine pocket packs... I put like 8 or 9 in my mouth and swished it around and spit it out.I got a drink of water, I placed a few of the on the roof of my mouth and tried to keep them from dissolving then I Walked in and said I found my ID. The test began... He handed me a bag with the testing equipment inside, it contained three items, a vial, a bag, and something that looks like a pregnancy test but for your mouth. Its a plastic stick with cotton on the end. I was told to place it in my mouth and let it be soaked by my saliva... While he was telling me this I was busy getting the Listerine strips wet and moving around. When he looked the other way I placed a few more strips in just to feel like I tried my hardest to pass. So one thing for sure that cotton had Listerine in it after I was done with it... There is a dot that turns blue after it gets wet to let you know your finished, it turned blue and I was done. He took it from me and put the cotton piece in the vial then the vial into the bag... Said I would get a call by Friday or Monday at the latest, so its being sent to a lab for sure.

So a quick recap... Saliva tested with in 24 hrs of use, brushed teeth, smoked a cig, brushed teeth, used Listerine pocket pack.

I will update you guys with results! just a few more days and I will know...

Hey man just wondering if you knew what the name of the drug test was? Was quantisal by chance? I think I took the same one.. Smoked at 2 then again at 5 then abstained for 16 hours till about 9:30 the next morning. I brushed my teeth and gums and cheeks and ised highly.alcoholic mouthwash I also smoked a menthol about 30-45 mins before the test and brushed my teeth twice with both alcoholic and non alcoholic mouthwash but I didn't use mouthwash from 9:00-9:45 so how long did you go between brushing and the test? I also ate altoids up until the test and though I didn't have one into mouth at the test but literally just chewed one up and had pieces of it still in my mouth.. The stick just BARELY turned blue and I even touched the cotton with my fingers lol and the cotton piece separated from the plastic and I had to thread it back in there.. So do you think I passed too?? I smoke everyday but usually only about 8 hitters a day (with a few hours in between each) I rarely smoke bowls and never blunts or joints though I'm always high usually. Idk I'm freaking out cause if I fail this it's not just a job I lose but a career. Fuck.

That's crazy cause I just did the exact same thing I went in for the interview they sent me in the next room to do the saliva test, but I really did forget my I.d. I was using Listerine since I woke up. But yeah I left went and got some Listerine strips put like 6 in my mouth on my way there got off the bus, used so more Listerine then put like 8 more in my mouth. I took it on Saturday and it's Wednesday now they still didn't call me back so I'm praying that it worked. But It's crazy cause I was just searching how long does it take for a saliva drug test to come back and I seen your story, so what day did they call you

even before they send it to a lab they already have the results if they do send it to a lab
I have smoked the day before and passed only thing I did was eat sunflower seeds
I don't worry too much about saliva tests unless you have less than 14 or so hrs before the test
then id do the brush and mouthwash thing

Saliva testing is a simple and noninvasive method for evaluating your patients hormone adjusting needs, and is turned out to be the most solid medium for measuring hormone levels. Not at all like serum tests, salivation testing speaks to just hormones effectively conveyed to receptors in the body.

If you have to take the saliva test on the spot at a job interview, there's a pretty good chance the supervisor of the test isn't trained in how to maximize its effectiveness, so you will probably be ok if you do it right on yourself. What I mean by this -- don't swab between your gums, under your tongue, or on the lower portion of your cheek. Put the swab towards the top of your cheek and keep it there. You don't have any glands secreting there. Also, there is a very small window of time that this test is very effective -- 24 hours. Anything after that and you have a good chance. I know this from research and experience.

Just recently I had a job interview at a hardware store. I use opiates (oxycontin) regularly, as in 60+ mg a day. I hadn't been drug tested in over a decade, so I didn't expect a test at all, and certainly was surprised when they said at the end of my interview "We want to offer you the job. All you have to do is sign this paper and take this drug test." It was a swab, and I had taken opiates about 18 hours previously. I was sure I'd fail the test, but I figured I'd take it anyway just in case I got lucky. I put the cotton end of the stick against the middle of my left cheek like a lollipop, and the interviewer said to hold it there at least 5 minutes or until the dot turned blue. After 5 minutes it was blue. He sealed the stick and sent it to the lab. I left the interview and started looking for another job. 5 days later I got a call from the hardware store saying I had passed the drug test and was cleared for orientation. I couldn't believe it. I was stunned. So my suggestion, if you recently took an on the spot saliva test or know you'll need to, is not to get too worked up about it. Try to give yourself at least 24-48 hours clean, but if that's not an option for you, don't sweat too much. 18 or less hours was sufficient for me. And don't swab yourself well, if you get to do the swabbing. Keep it against the middle to top region of your cheek. Don't try to soak it with excess saliva if your mouth is kind of dry. Just let time in that spot get the job done. And good luck. If I beat it, there is no doubt in my mind other heavy users can too.

If you have to take the saliva test on the spot at a job interview, there's a pretty good chance the supervisor of the test isn't trained in how to maximize its effectiveness, so you will probably be ok if you do it right on yourself. What I mean by this -- don't swab between your gums, under your tongue, or on the lower portion of your cheek. Put the swab towards the top of your cheek and keep it there. You don't have any glands secreting there. Also, there is a very small window of time that this test is very effective -- 24 hours. Anything after that and you have a good chance. I know this from research and experience.

Just recently I had a job interview at a hardware store. I use opiates (oxycontin) regularly, as in 60+ mg a day. I hadn't been drug tested in over a decade, so I didn't expect a test at all, and certainly was surprised when they said at the end of my interview "We want to offer you the job. All you have to do is sign this paper and take this drug test." It was a swab, and I had taken opiates about 18 hours previously. I was sure I'd fail the test, but I figured I'd take it anyway just in case I got lucky. I put the cotton end of the stick against the middle of my left cheek like a lollipop, and the interviewer said to hold it there at least 5 minutes or until the dot turned blue. After 5 minutes it was blue. He sealed the stick and sent it to the lab. I left the interview and started looking for another job. 5 days later I got a call from the hardware store saying I had passed the drug test and was cleared for orientation. I couldn't believe it. I was stunned. So my suggestion, if you recently took an on the spot saliva test or know you'll need to, is not to get too worked up about it. Try to give yourself at least 24-48 hours clean, but if that's not an option for you, don't sweat too much. 18 or less hours was sufficient for me. And don't swab yourself well, if you get to do the swabbing. Keep it against the middle to top region of your cheek. Don't try to soak it with excess saliva if your mouth is kind of dry. Just let time in that spot get the job done. And good luck. If I beat it, there is no doubt in my mind other heavy users can too.
Hey so I just took a saliva test from possibly the same hardware store or similar as you. Was completely caught off guard by the test right after the interview, and I had smoked no more than 12 hours ago the night before. Wasn't really holding out too much hope. Got a voicemail today(9 days later) from a doctor's office on behalf of the company, saying to give them a call back. Considering their doctor is calling me, and not the hiring manager or someone like that, I'm definitely assuming I failed now. So basically I'm just curious who called you when they told you that you had passed? Was it a doctor or was it a company representative?

Thanks!

Thank you so much. I am going to try that this Friday. I am also going to be using Listerine all day up until it is time.:bravo:

Okay I need help pronto. I'm a heavy smoker but I don't just smoke straight weed. I grind up weed and mostly Tabasco to make a mole batch. I have a saliva test coming up at 6pm tomorrow. I haven't smoked since 10am today and I've been brushing my teeth, smoking cigarettes and spitting ALOT and drinking everything in my boyfriends house. I just want your opinion, do you think I'll be okay? I want to take a mole so bad but I don't want to screw this up for me. When I make mole batches it's always very little weed and lots of tobacco, so maybe if I just eat hella mints n shit as well and drink water I'll be good? I don't know I'm very nervous because this is the first job that's drug tested me ever. It's with the Kroger company @ Ralph's. Just lemme know what you think, and if it's okay for me to take any other mole right now because I'm fienning

I took a saliva test recently I stop smoking eleven hours before the test. I woke up and start brushing my teeth once with mint toothpaste my entire mouth rinsed with water and peroxide and brushed my teeth a additional time with mint toothpaste and peroxide rinsed again with peroxide and water. I then rinsed with peroxide and ate ice till 10:45 took a BC with cranberry juice I ate winterfresh gum the whole interview until the swap was inserted for my saliva. The swap was rarely touching anything in my mouth it took awhile for it to turn blue untill my mouth got full of saliva for holding the tube in my mouth so long. I took the test Tuesday and it's Thursday and no response my mind is everywhere if I can get sum advice it would be good

Back
Top Bottom