Can you get a positive from handling weed?

propot

I helped a friend deseed a couple of ounces of killer sativa. Didn't smoke eat ingest any, but I did this bare handed. Found out I have to take a pee test Tuesday, the full blown lab kind. Will I pass a (cop) told me a while back thc can go though the skin. Is this true? Should I be worried. I haven't smoked in 3 years and can't believe I'm in this situation. If I fail I'm through in the career field Im in, for life. I will go on a national registry. Anyone have any ideas.

It can be absorbed a certain amount by the skin but the levels would be well below the 50ng cutoff. The bigger problem is handling your collection cup and the possibility of accidentally contaminating your sample. The best way to deal with it is to wash hands thoroughly with Dawn soap, dry them,rub your hands with baby powder, rewash, use a little isopropyl alcohol or regular alcohol and wipe your hands down and then wash again. The resin is so sticky its difficult to get it off and it only takes a small amount to ruin your drug test.

Very sound advice here, good effort Weed!

And to Propot, welcome to the forum! As a side note make sure they do not take hair samples seeing this was described as a full blown lab test at what could be 'national' levels. As THC has a tendency to remain present in the follicle far longer than in the blood or urine!

Good Luck, AG ;)

I really want to thank you for the advice. I have a friend who picked up a test from his work. It has a15ml cut off. I'm going to use it first pee in the morning. If it test positive I will break something. Body part. Its either that or chance ruining the rest of my life. Will post what the test show on the morning

I really want to thank you for the advice. I have a friend who picked up a test from his work. It has a15ml cut off. I'm going to use it first pee in the morning. If it test positive I will break something. Body part. Its either that or chance ruining the rest of my life. Will post what the test show on the morning
You'll pass the urine test no problem.

I used an Autosplit KO61. First pee of the day Sunday morning it showed the valium I take, but that was not an issue as I have a prescription. The test is supposed to have a 15ng/mg cutoff. The thc line was faint, but there. I took the test Tuesday morning 3rd pee mid stream. I had eaten two big streaks, and a pint of ice cream the night before. Started the morning with a large cup of coffee 5am, followed by 6 16oz bottles of water,I gave sample around 9. I'm still waiting for background to clear, its been 2 months sense I last worked still have not cleared. I go back Monday and if i'm not called to the hill by Thursday I should be clear. If MMJ were legal in my state I wouldn't be taking the chemicals. I suffer from exam anxiety, I also have budging disk, stenosis of the spin and a narrowing of the spinal canal. But the state I work in is a right to work state and some companies don't even allow tobacco. I worked one plant that would shave a spot on a leg. You never knew which one. As to breaking a finger I would not have been able to do my job and been excused from reporting.I know how this extreme seems crazy, but nukes are serious about there testing. Well see if it was enough. Thanks again from everyone. I'll post again this coming weekend. I want to smoke and quit the pills so bad you can't imagine. I hope these states and composts get their head out of their ass one day before the side effects of the drugs I have to take are irreversible. Hands shake now, how long before other shit starts. Again thanks!

The actual drug test should be a 50ng cutoff so you should be in pretty good shape. On your other home test you diluted too much. The morning of the test don't drink over 36 ounces of a sports drink

The home test was the first pee. It tested negative. I was and am still worried. You will not be told you passed, only you failed. The actual test was the one I drank all the water before taking. The steaks, ice cream, etc was for protein.. Hopefully to raise the specific gravity of the sample. If I was only supposed to drink a quart of sports drink I may be screwed. It was pale yellow though, not water clear.

If you drink more than 36 ounces in the morning you can get a negative dilute, which they can retest you and possibly observe or just fail you.

>>>which they can retest you and possibly observe or just fail you.

A lab has the right to fail you if your urine comes up as being to diluted?
Yes. They check the ph and creatine levels which show whether its been diluted. if its diluted they can fail you or retest you. They usually leave it up to the employer.

Back
Top Bottom