I passed the Psychemedics Hair Follicle Drug test with 6 days clean

LadyStang

Normally if I am looking for a new job I will stop smoking for at least 30 days prior to applying just to avoid the headache of worrying about having to pass a test. I smoke daily, 2-3 hits from the bowl in the evenings, sometimes a couple of more than that on the weekends. I am not a wake and baker, I am not stoned all day long, I just like a few hits at night to relax. So out of the blue I get a call from a recruiter, they have a position that they would like to submit my resume for and I tell them go ahead. I get an interview and I rocked it. The best part is that the job is one and half times the money I am making now and it is part time. So let's see I make the same amount of money I am making now work less hours!! Needless to say I am totally psyched when I get offered the position. There is a drug test but I figure I will have a week of abstinence by the time I have to take the test and I immediately start working out even longer, drinking more water, and sitting in the sauna and plan to take a detox drink. It has worked for me in a pinch before. The recruiter says he is sending me the info for the drug test. It arrives Fed-Ex and I am horrified because it is a Psychemedics hair follicle test. My first thought is "oh man I am so screwed". I was so bummed that I was going to have decline this position. I thought there was no way to beat a hair follicle test. So I started doing some research and read a bunch for things you can do most people had a lot of clean time or weeks to prepare for the test, I had neither of these luxuries. I decided to try and beat the test anyway. My hair was very long almost to my waist (dark thick hair BTW) I decided it would be to damaging to my hair and really difficult to do the process on long hair, so I went to the salon and got it cut and I donated about 12 inches of hair. (I did this the night before test)

So here is what I did THE DAY OF MY TEST:

Soaked my hair in cleaning strength vinegar under a shower cap. Basically I filled a bowl stuck my head in and used a cup to drench my hair then put on a shower cap. I did this for 3 hours every time my hair felt like it was drying up I would put more vinegar on it. After three hours of the vinegar soaking put I some Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash (I think any acne wash with 2% Salicylic acid will work it is just what I had in the house) I put the acne wash in my vinegar soaked hair left it in my hair for 20 minutes. I washed the vinegar and Clearasil mix out with (regular scent) Tide liquid soap (I have a HE washing machine so it was high efficiency formula). I washed it twice with the Tide, then I washed it with flea and tick soap. I bleached my hair with Clairol Born Blonde. Next I used ExpulsionX2 hair detoxifier I got at the local head shop, this stuff was super thick and green and I spread it all over my scalp and hair. The directions said to use 1/2 the bottle and leave it on for 5-10 minutes rinse and repeat with the other half. I left it on for 20 minutes both times, when rinsing this stuff out it gets really sudsy like soap so I scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed my scalp and hair each time. I did use some conditioner on my hair after rinsing out the second batch of detoxifier because my hair felt SOOOO dry by this point. Then I dyed my hair back to brown. Just FYI while the brown dye was on my scalp it burned so bad it brought tears to my eyes. I rinsed the dye out, conditioned it, styled it, and went to the lab. They cut a patch from behind my ear and 5 days later I got the news that my drug test results were negative for all drugs. So from a daily smoker that had 6 days clean by the day of the test it really can be done!!! Also just so you know the clean hair had not even grown to the surface by the time I took this test so every bit of my hair was dirty before this process.

Hey ladystang,

I am about to take my hair test from psych, and while I have treated my hair in much the same way you did and will attempt a very similar routine on test day (this Wednesday), I am nervous that they will ask for hair from somewhere other than my head. Now I know I have quite a bit more body hair than you, but what was the process like when you walked into the clinic to the time you had your hair collected. Any insights would be appreciated, thank you.

Hey ladystang,

I am about to take my hair test from psych, and while I have treated my hair in much the same way you did and will attempt a very similar routine on test day (this Wednesday), I am nervous that they will ask for hair from somewhere other than my head. Now I know I have quite a bit more body hair than you, but what was the process like when you walked into the clinic to the time you had your hair collected. Any insights would be appreciated, thank you.

snizz,

Basically I walked in and they cut a nickel sized hunk of my hair out from behind my right ear. I know some places will take it from different places on you head but they took it all from one spot. I did chat with the girl who did it for a bit and I asked what they did when people's hair too short. She said they take it from the body and that they have to cut it, they can't give you a pair of scissors and have you step in the rest room. If you are concerned you could shave, or trim (with clippers) your body hair then they will be forced to take it from your head. You can tell them your significant other likes manscaping if they ask questions! It's a little extreme but so much better than missing out in a great job... Let me know how the testing works out for you.

Thanks for the reply. I have done one bleach and redye and have been using vinegar, clean and clear, tide, and a variety of strong shampoos daily for about 4 days now. I am debating on whether to do the second bleach and redye the day before the test or the day of. I will have assistance if I do it the day before (tomorrow) but not if I do it the day of. When I dyed my hair by myself the last time I missed a few roots so it was quite noticeable what I had been up to. Either way, I plan on doing another strong wash tonight with everything I have, and again tomorrow, possibly doing the bleach and redye. I have a box of zydot I will use test day as well. I've kind of been all over the place with the process, not strictly regimented as far as time goes, although I have been trying to stick to the pattern of vinegar, clean and clear, tide, then strong soaps (tsal, PM3, and ion swimmers). Anyway, I've given it quite a bit of effort so hopefully I'll be rewarded. If you have any insight on when I should do the second and final bleach and redye I would be happy to hear. Thanks

Just make sure whatever product you use is a detoxifier and not a masking agent it should say right on the box. From what I read the masking agents don't actually cleanse the hair it only masks it and it only last for a few hours tops if it takes them a couple of days to get to your sample then the masking agent will have worn off and you will pop positive. GOOD LUCK!!

I passed too! With only 10 days clean, and smoking at least once or twice a week before that for about a year, I passed and got a great job. Thanks for your help ladystang! I didn't keep a log of what I did, but my theory is the more methods and different things you try the better. The rest of this post is the process I used, it's long and somewhat detailed, and probably poorly written. If anyone has questions feel free to ask, I'll try to cover everything...here it goes...

I did the Mac Method multiple times, sometimes varying up the sequence and leaving some steps out, but for the most part it was vinegar then clean and clear (not the astringent but the actual 3 in 1 face wash; still had 2% of syrcilic acid or whatever the hell it is), then baking soda paste, then tide, then strong shampoos of tsal, paul mitchell III, and ion swimmers. Yes, this was a pain and you get discouraged quickly, but...it worked so suck it up for a few days. I would leave the vinegar, clean and clear, and baking soda paste on for at least 30 minutes each, occasionally massaging it in to the scalp. I used the same shower cap for this process and by the end of it, it was DISGUSTING. A couple times I left the tide on for this long, but usually would do that along with the other shampoos in the shower and scrub them in for maybe 5 minutes. Three days before the test I bleached my hair with 30 vol, left it overnight and dyed it back the next day. Two days before, more Mac Method, as much as I had the energy for (throughout the entire process I never really left the shampoos on my head for more than 6 or 7 minutes; it was just too long..except for the tide a couple of times..although my skin reacted the worst to that). Finally the day before, I did a baking soda paste right before bleaching again with the 30 vol. I don't think I did another Mac but maybe, I think it was just the strong shampoos again. I had my girlfriend dye my hair back that night, so I could be sure I didn't miss roots or anything (the whole time I was paranoid that the collector would notice I had been bleaching and dying my hair, although when I went there it was as laid back as could be. Just do a good job dying the last time and don't sweat it). On test day I did the treatment of Zydot (for whatever reason I was set on this product from the start, not sure if it did anything though), put some JCrew in my hair, and went in. Like I said, the collector lady was super chill and probably wouldn't have done anything if she saw the bleached hair. She took at least 100 strands (minimum required) from the center of the back of my head (kind of towards the nape but a bit higher), which was an area I had focused on the most. Took more than a week for the results, but I got the go ahead today.

I wish all of you the best of luck. I was discouraged many times throughout this process, but it did pay off in the end.

Snizz

Ok, this combination of methods has to have a new name because I PASSED with only 6 days clean too! First I started with 1 basic macujo treatment. 30 mins between each step. Then, I did a bleach for ~25mins with 40 vol (lady at sally's beauty supply was a fellow smoker and recommended it over 30) and then 1/2 a zydot treatment (I have short hair so it was more than enough) a bleach for 15 mins (Burns.....) then the other 1/2 of the zydot treatment. Finally dyed it back to brown, and ya it fucking stings, thats one thing ladystang definitely got right. Also giving a shoutout to testclear's powdered urine kit for getting me through the piss test. It's real urine turned into a powdered form that they use to calibrate the drug testing machines with and it passed without a hitch. I smoked up to 2g's a day sometimes and could of had some party favors left in there from EDC weekend. We're 3/3 on this specific combination of the two methods, but I will say I did all of this the day of my test so start early, its a long process. Thanks for the post's guys, you got me my job!!!

LadyStang, you rule! I have been a longtime lurker on multiple sites regarding hair folicle testing, and your post was easily the most informative. You have no agenda, and you're not trying to impress anyone....I respect that. Most related posts start off with the person being up to 3 months clean, and I don't think that is a realistic scenario at all. I will follow this process to the letter even though I think it is slight overkill. I have been clean for 4 days, but I have a connection that will expedite my employment application as soon as I call them. It is also a Psychmedics test, the hardest test to fool. I have the added disadvantage of being black, and having more melanin(which the THC molecules bond to). I have a 3.5 inch afro, which I will shave about 2 inches off. I have already started taking 5-hour energy for the niacin (fast hair & nail growth stuff) daily. I have white vinegar, clean&clear astringent in a spray bottle, tide, & baking soda. I have heard that you should use hot baking soda paste for 30 mins, followed by tide scrubbing for 30 mins with the hottest water you can stand. Both are bases, which open the cuticle along with heat, which also opens the cuticle and speeds up the chemical reaction. With the cuticle open, I will add clean&clear (2% salicylic acid), which bonds & removes the THC molecules from the cortex. I will follow with more tide, then shampoo & conditioner. I will alternate each treatment starting with either vinegar or baking soda(or both), just to be thorough. Eventually, I will bleach my hair white with the strongest Feria product they make. Then I will follow the "LadyStang" method as closely as I can. I am concerned about the price and availability of the Expulsion X2 product you used though. Wish me luck, any victory against this ignorant, oppressive system is a victory for humanity. I promise to help the economy once I pass & make more money. I will post my results....sink or swim.

I have 5 days clean. I have done macujo method for the past five days about 7 times and I'm now bleaching my hair. I also did one zydot during doing the macujo methods. After bleaching I am going to redye and do another zydot before I go take my test. Do you think I will pass. I do not smoke all of the time and when I do it's just a few hits off my one hitter at a time. Can anyone answer me please. This is for probation and I'm really worried.

OMG...So I just took my Psychemedics test yesterday. I only had a 2 day notice. I took about 3 puffs of weed in the last 3 months. However what I was nervous about was Cocaine. I did it probably 3 times in the last 3 months. What a dumb move. So I tried your method as best as I could. I did Vinegar, the 2% acid face wash, liquid tide, powder tide, baking soda and clarifying shampoo. (I did this twice) I also applied heat to my hair to open the cuticle of hair. I hope I pass cause I'll be pretty sad if I don't. I'll share my results in about a week. This waiting is going to seem forever.

Good to finally read a good story! Can you help me out?

I stopped smoking week around 22nd October 2014. I took a hair test yesterday (16th Jan 2015).
I hadn't done anything to my hair because I thought it was a urine test :(

My hair is thick brown.

It was trimmed and thinned slightly during the Christmas period.

Do you think I'll pass guys?

Jenbnbiz, any word on your reslults? I'm in a bit of the same situation. I went in 1/15 for what I though was urine test and ended up getting my hair snipped. I did a couple lines of coke about a month ago but haven't touched the stuff in a long time. I did nothing to my hair.

Is there any chance I will pass the test??

Jenbnbiz, any word on your reslults? I'm in a bit of the same situation. I went in 1/15 for what I though was urine test and ended up getting my hair snipped. I did a couple lines of coke about a month ago but haven't touched the stuff in a long time. I did nothing to my hair.

Is there any chance I will pass the test??

Hey buddy,
I was expecting a urine test too. My stomach swallowed itself when she pulled out the scissors...

Like I said, the last time I inhaled was 22nd October, test was on the 16th. Im so nervous.

Hey buddy,
I was expecting a urine test too. My stomach swallowed itself when she pulled out the scissors...

Like I said, the last time I inhaled was 22nd October, test was on the 16th. Im so nervous.

I had to take mine for a new job. Go figure I'd screw up one time in I can't remember how many years. I have actually lost 12 lbs since the 15th stesting over it..

Yeah!!!! I PASSED!! I did cocaine about 3 times in last 3months and had about 3puffs of weed.... Not sure if I passed because of the cleanse but I'm so Happy....

Good to hear you passed, congratulations. I am totally freaking out. As I said I did nothing to my hair, however, after reading will over 100 sites I'm hoping she didn't cut into any areas that could be dirty. The way I see it she left almost a half inch at the scalp.

Jenbizbid, how long did it take to get the results?

My son had to take a Psychemedics hair test for custody of his kid. The mother is a blithering idiot and does meth, etc. Anyway, my boy smoked approx 10 times in the past 60 days. I researched chemicals like mad and here is what I did to him...
1. Ran an ammonia based home perm thru his hair for 40 min. (He has fine brown hair, military cut but longer on top)
2. Washed the perm out but did not deactivate it.
3. Put Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar face scrub (this has Kaolin in it) on his hair for 10 min. Washed it out
4. Neutralized his hair
5. Washed his hair with Nioxin 6 shampoo + I added an extra teaspoon of Propylene Glycol I got off amazon.com
6. Put the Nioxin 6 conditioner in his hair and let it stay in all night

From then until the test I had him wash his hair with Sal3 soap, rinse, use the Nioxin 6 conditioner, rinse and top it off with the Nioxin 4 scalp treatment (leave that in)
We had a total of 6 days to do all of this and it worked like a charm. I assumed the ammonia perm would make his hair porous enough to allow the Kaolin in the Freeman face scrub to pull the toxins out. At any rate, he has his daughter and has stopped smoking for her benefit. He's a great dad! Hope this helps others in some way!

Edit: I forgot to add that he had smoked approx. 15 days prior to testing and did get a haircut before I started the "system" on him. We did not want to bleach his hair for fear the attorneys would notice it if we didn't get it colored properly.

i opened up this account just so that i can give back to all the help this forum provided me.. just keeping the good karma going.

i applied to a company that does a hair follicle drug test, the test was on jan 12. i had smoked pot 3 times within the 90 day period... 30 days prior to my test, then 62 days prior, then 89 days prior. i stalked this forums everyday like a madwoman bc i was so freaked out as an infrequent user, and my new job would have given me a 20k raise.

so here's my story.

my stats: south asian female with black hair, 5'4" approx 120 pounds.

i chemically altered my long hair by getting a Japanese straight perm (i have curly hair), i used neutrongena salicylic acid (3%) shampoo everyday for a week focusing on the inside bottom area near the neck, and then on the day of the test, i followed the instructions to a t and used that zydot shampoo.

everyone in my position, as an infrequent user has passed from my research in these forums, and i did too, so for those who are similarly situated, i hope my story gives you some peace of mind!

Back
Top Bottom