Could I always be considered a first time smoker in regards to tests?

Mboltin890

So I have read up plenty on “how long THC stays in your system” and what not. So I have a question that is probably just for reasurence, and may be rather dumb, but whatever.

General info first; my company, union, and the Feds require random drug tests. That being said I have been doing this job for 5 years now and, besides the drug test during my yearly physical, I only have been randomly tested at work maybe 3-4 times ever.
Also I work a rotation that consists of 4 weeks living at work, followed by 2 weeks off at home; then back to work, and so on. While at work I don’t use anything at all ever, never have and never will. When I’m home, that’s a different story. So now that I have made your eyes bleed, in regards to piss tests, here is my question(s):

If I smoked and/or used edibles (personally my favorite) and did so ONLY within my first 3-5 days of the 14 I’m home for, how much risk is there for me, if when I got back to work they pulled me in for a random?

Does the fact that I always get a minimum of a 4 week “break” in between using default me back to a mock “first time usuer”, where I could more or less expect a very brief period where THC stays in my system, or does it compound in my system even though it could have been 4-5 weeks since last time I used?

Does that fact that the time is broken up so much help at all, and put me in a perpetual loop of only being “positive” for just a few days?

If I were to smoke and/or take edibles during just those first 3-5 days, but did so for each one of those days, does that make any difference either?

Any info or advice is appreciated, thanks :cheesygrinsmiley:

My state has medical marijuana, so I finally decided to experiment with different strains seeking relief from various MS symptoms. However I take other controlled medications which my clinic will stop prescribing if I test positive for "street-drugs" including THC, so I risk having a drug test every 3rd month.

I stopped smoking 30 days before my next visit to the clinic, but then decided my new/light user status would protect me to some degree. So I smoked two hits off a bowl a full 2 weeks before my visit to the clinic... I tested positive for THC and was fortunate enough to receive a warning. Now I quit 30 days prior to my appointment and my tests come back negative for THC.

So if I were you I wouldn't risk my job over it.

Back
Top Bottom