Why does the web suck on this topic of Hair Drug tests?

FredSecunda

Well...I have an offer for a great job, but learned after I got the offer that they require a urine AND hair test. I quit vaping daily Oct 20th upon learning about the opportunity which was brought to me by a recruiter. I wasn't looking for it, but couldn't pass up the chance to work for this great company. I'm 6' 245 lbs. with a 31 BMI.I started running about 5 days a week, obstained from use, drank a lot of water and tested myself regularly. I thought I was good for a pee test since this is a sales job, but was crushed a week ago when informed of the hair test. Since then I cut my hair to half and inch (no length requirement according to the test guidelines provided by the company) and paid for my own test last Thursday to see where I was... thinking I would know before I had to take the real test this past Monday. Of course No results on my test yet and according to the lab test site employee I talked to if it takes a long time to get results then you probably failed. Over the weekend I looked obsessively on the web to see what remedies there were. Trying to find the truth is impossible. If you google 'Hair Test' all you get is Drug Testing companies or websites trying to sell you their miracle shampoo (which I've read never works and can get you busted due to masking agents). I did try this method I found on wiki:
Vinegar for 10 min of rubbing in and 20 min sitting, followed by adding Acne wash for 30 min, then add Tide liquid and a paste of a little water mixed with Tide detergeant powder and let that sit for another 30 min. Then wash out without using shampoo followed by dying your hair. I washed my hair with this 'recipe' on Sunday night and Monday morning and then went to my wife's beautician and had her color my hair (leaving the gray on the side), and went and took my piss (which I passed in the test cup) and hair test for the job. It took 2 days for it to get to the lab and they verified it's there today, so I should know for sure by hopefully Friday (I can't take another weekend of waiting). I...unlike most people...will post my results once I get them back.

I want to say that the internet is essentially the blind leading the blind.It's beyond useless if you are trying to get an honest answer on what to do and what works...if anything. You read all of these desparate posts and you have no idea what to believe since hardly anyone follows up. Some sites tell you there's nothing you can do, some posts/sites tell you their shampoo penatrates the hair shaft and kills all of the drug metabolites, some tell you the manjuco method works and others tell you cutting your hair and abstaining works. There's no real science....it's all hearsay and bullshit. I don't understand why there isn't someone out there doing serious research and running tests to figure out what actually works and if cleaning your hair is actually possible. You'd think someone by now would post the truth, but that's just not the case. Your either being sold a product that's probably bogus, a home remedy (which I hope works, but doubt it will) or being told by a drug testing company their's no way to fool 'their' test and that they've figured out all of the tricks. Why isn't that there isn't more truth telling regarding drug testing? Quit selling us shit and tell the truth. Fund research and write about it. People are desparate and need answers and it's hight time someone did right by the people who need solid information. Using weed to relax shouldn't keep you from obtaining your dream job or losing your children. If you are a coke,meth, pain pill or heroin user then you don't have much of a leg to stand on, but Pot?? give me a break. However...this is the world we live in and as long as this country is dumb enough to elect Donald Trump and he appoints refer madness idiots like Jeff Sessions as AG, we're going to have stupid laws against MJ.

Well...I have an offer for a great job, but learned after I got the offer that they require a urine AND hair test. I quit vaping daily Oct 20th upon learning about the opportunity which was brought to me by a recruiter. I wasn't looking for it, but couldn't pass up the chance to work for this great company. I'm 6' 245 lbs. with a 31 BMI.I started running about 5 days a week, obstained from use, drank a lot of water and tested myself regularly. I thought I was good for a pee test since this is a sales job, but was crushed a week ago when informed of the hair test. Since then I cut my hair to half and inch (no length requirement according to the test guidelines provided by the company) and paid for my own test last Thursday to see where I was... thinking I would know before I had to take the real test this past Monday. Of course No results on my test yet and according to the lab test site employee I talked to if it takes a long time to get results then you probably failed. Over the weekend I looked obsessively on the web to see what remedies there were. Trying to find the truth is impossible. If you google 'Hair Test' all you get is Drug Testing companies or websites trying to sell you their miracle shampoo (which I've read never works and can get you busted due to masking agents). I did try this method I found on wiki:
Vinegar for 10 min of rubbing in and 20 min sitting, followed by adding Acne wash for 30 min, then add Tide liquid and a paste of a little water mixed with Tide detergeant powder and let that sit for another 30 min. Then wash out without using shampoo followed by dying your hair. I washed my hair with this 'recipe' on Sunday night and Monday morning and then went to my wife's beautician and had her color my hair (leaving the gray on the side), and went and took my piss (which I passed in the test cup) and hair test for the job. It took 2 days for it to get to the lab and they verified it's there today, so I should know for sure by hopefully Friday (I can't take another weekend of waiting). I...unlike most people...will post my results once I get them back.

I want to say that the internet is essentially the blind leading the blind.It's beyond useless if you are trying to get an honest answer on what to do and what works...if anything. You read all of these desparate posts and you have no idea what to believe since hardly anyone follows up. Some sites tell you there's nothing you can do, some posts/sites tell you their shampoo penatrates the hair shaft and kills all of the drug metabolites, some tell you the manjuco method works and others tell you cutting your hair and abstaining works. There's no real science....it's all hearsay and bullshit. I don't understand why there isn't someone out there doing serious research and running tests to figure out what actually works and if cleaning your hair is actually possible. You'd think someone by now would post the truth, but that's just not the case. Your either being sold a product that's probably bogus, a home remedy (which I hope works, but doubt it will) or being told by a drug testing company their's no way to fool 'their' test and that they've figured out all of the tricks. People are desparate and need answers and it's hight time someone did right by the people who need solid information. Using weed to relax shouldn't keep you from obtaining your dream job or losing your children. If you are a coke,meth, pain pill or heroin user then you don't have much of a leg to stand on, but Pot?? give me a break. However...this is the world we live in and as long as this country is dumb enough to elect Donald Trump and he appoints refer madness idiots like Jeff Sessions as AG, we're going to have stupid laws against MJ.

Update: I passed both tests after abstaining for 46 days. I was stunned, but I'll take it.

Well...if you read my original post in this thread I'd mentioned that I'd paid for my own hair test on Dec 1st to see where I was. I just got a call today for the results of that original test from the lab that said it was possitive for MJ. I took the hair test for my job on Dec 5th (the one that counted) and got the results back on the 8th that it was negative and I'm hired. Over the weekend before taking the test that counted I did the following to my hair:

Washed with vinegar..Soaked it and rubbed it in for 10 min then let sit for 20 min
Added Acne wash with Sylacilic (sp) 2% Acid and let that sit for another 30 min
Added Tide liquid detergeant and rubbed that in real well...then took a cup of Tide power and a little water and made a paste and rubbed that in my hair. Left that in for another 30 min.
Washed my hair out in the shower without using any shampoo.

I did this the Sunday night before the test and again the Monday morning before the test. I then had my hair dyed by my wife's beautician.

Went in that Monday after lunch and did the hair and urine test....got the results that I passed on that Thursday. Truly amazing that all of this worked. When I got the word on Wednesday that I had to take a hair test I went and got my hair cut to 1/2" and took my own test that i paid for that day which was Dec 1st, but since I just got the results from that original test back today (dec 12th) I had no idea if all of this crazy washing and dying would work. I had quit using daily on Oct 20th, so 46 days later with a hair cut and a crazy wash job I passed. Miracles do happend and apparently this method worked for a 45 year old guy who is 30% BMI and about 40 lbs over weight according the govt.

Just got may Dec 1st hair test results back and my level was 1.5 pg/mg for MJ...see below for the cutoff levels (I was 1.5 times over the limit). 5 days later after cleaning and dying my hair...I passed a 10 panel test (I was only worried about the MJ panel), so there has to be something to it. Hope this thread helps some people.

HAIR 5 PANEL DRUG TEST CONFIRMATION CUTOFF LEVELS.
Cocaine/Metabolite 500pg/mg
Marijuana Metabolite 1.00pg/mg (My test said 1.5pg/mg)
Amphetamines 500pg/mg
Methamphetamines 500pg/mg
Opiates (Cod, Mor, Her) 200pg/mg
Phencyclidine 300pg/mg
Ecstacy (MDMA) 500/mg

Read more: Hair Drug Testing Explained Part 2 | Testing for Drugs In Hair | Reading The Results of a Hair Drug Test

Don't even get me started of BLOTUS (Biggest Liar of the United States). whatever strides we have made with personal freedoms are sure to be in jeapordy with this new administration. I digress. Anyway, thank you for your post. I, too, am interviewing for two dream jobs this week. One I believe to be hair, the other UA. I've been obessively trying to get the same information you mention and I have narrowed the same ingredients down to what you have posted. It was the time line of use has been my main concern. Thank you thank you thank you for posting this. I'm a few years older and about the same amount of excesssive BMI, so that has been a factor I've been trying to figure out as well. I can't thank you enough. I have very long hair, naturally curly, so I'm also factoring that in as well. Can you tell me from what part of your head they took the cuttings. I've heard everything from just below the crown to behind the ears. Again, thank you.

Can you please tell me when I should start doing this process? I'm interviewing next week at a dream job, and the following week for another dream job... I'm almost 100% positive in going to get hit with Hair Tests for each company... I'm female, 5'8" 220lbs, hair down to my back, I do color my hair monthly so I don't have a natural color, I haven't smoked in about 1 month but I was a daily dank user for years...I need to know if when to start the process PLEASE... Like you both I've searched the internet for what to use/do and I'm confused and lost... I'm terrified I'm going to fail the hair test... And I need exact, step by step direction on how to do this process..

This is a great post and thanks for sharing FredSecunda. I am not expert on this drug testing but in my opinion, there are not enough topic for Hair Drug tests it's because they don't want to leak the procedure on how they examine it. If there's not enough topic about it, people won't think of any method or way to fake it. Unlike in urine test, there's already synthetic urine that can be used to passed even you smoke all day long.

Using weed to relax shouldn't keep you from obtaining your dream job or losing your children. If you are a coke,meth, pain pill or heroin user then you don't have much of a leg to stand on, but Pot?? give me a break.

I do agree on you about this man. We weed users should not be punished by this law. Our dream job and future is on risk. We need a new president.

Back
Top Bottom