How will I be notified about results? Labcorp

SlappyTrout

Hi,

I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster.

I have received an offer for a great new job in another state. I currently have a job, but always keep a resume or two floating around on employment sites in case something better comes up. A contract employment company notified me. I had a phone interview with them, which went well. I then interviewed with the company I'll be contracted to work for. That also went well and I was offerred the job and given a start date of January 9th. The company then sent me an offer letter, some forms to authorize a background check, employee handbook and an inprocessing checklist. One of the items on the checklist was the dreaded drug screening at a local Labcorp office.

So, I have job offer which I have accepted, but I have to pass the background check and drug screen. I took the drug test at Labcorp last Thursday morning (December 15th, 2016). For reasons I won't go into here (I'll post that in another thread.), I feel that I MAY have failed my test.

How will I be notified if I failed? Will someone at Labcorp contact me or will someone from the employment company? How will I be contacted? (Phone, email, carrier pigeon?) Will I be notified if I pass? I know that every situation is different, but what is the typical time frame to get results? I took the test at 8 AM last Thursday. The tech said a courier would pick up the vials at around 1:30 PM that day.

As I said earlier, I currently have a job (no drug testing), but I have to make plans to move, give a notice, etc. Just wondering how long it takes to get notified on average.

Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom