Passed psychemedics hair follicle test 3 weeks clean

Jahama

Passed a random with 3 weeks clean and 6 months of consistent use prior. Been a week since test day so assuming all is good. This is long post, but tried to include as much detail as possible to help anyone going through this stupid test.

Was called in for a random at work. Freaked out for a day, but then got to work researching online. I went through this 7 years ago and told myself that I wouldn’t get in this spot again, but with all the recent legalization was hopeful things may change…wishful thinking. Anyway got access to some great product and was using for about 6 months. Avg about 5-6 grams a month, so not what I would consider heavy, but consistent use. The last couple months was going pretty much every day, 2-3 one hitters at night and maybe 4-5 throughout the day on weekends. Assumed there would be new ways to pass out there but found a lot of the same info…maccujo, jerry g, various shampoos, etc.

I’m a white, male with dark brown hair (some gray). Bleach and re-dye wasn’t really an option. From my prior test I had a bottle of toxin wash, couple sets of zydot, Paul Mitchell 3 shampoo, and a small amount of the old Aloe Rid clarifying treatment (not the shampoo that a few sites try to sell for crazy $...my opinion it’s the treatment that works not the shampoo).

Purchased a lye relaxer, was a little worried about frying all my hair off since it warns about repeated use in a short time. After I started cleaning my hair with what I had on-hand found info about the Hair Razor system. Emailed them the info they request, consultant came back with their recommendation based on my usage. Once I found the hair razor info I began to feel much more comfortable about beating this test again. I’m sure what I did initially helped to some degree, but the Hair Razor process I think did the trick. I am not pushing one method over another just want to share my story to try and help others.
Here’s what I did;

Abbreviations used below....Toxin Wash (TW), Aloe Rid Treatment (AR), Baking Soda Paste (BSp), Paul Mitchell 3 (PM3), Hair Razor (HR)

1/2/17 Last day using, daily use for the last couple months
1/4/17 Got email for random, freaked out for a few hours and then got to work researching
dishwashing soap, BSp soak, AR (3min) with heat (shower cap & hair dryer)
1/5/17 PM3, AR (3 min).
Keep hair short, but needed a cut and got it just under 1.5 inches as I knew I could hold off for a wk or two
Lye Relaxer (8 min), TW, PM3, Ion swimmers conditioner
BSp soak (under heat), TW 2 times, AR cap w/ heat
1/6/17 BSp soak w/heat, PM3 (5min), TW with heat
1/7/17 PM3, AR
PM3, BSp, TW
1/8/17 PM3, AR, Ion swimmers conditioner
1/9/17 HR - 3 times
1/10/17 HR - 2 times, used some leave-in conditioner as hair and scalp were getting fried
1/11/17 HR - 1 time
1/12/17 HR - 3 times, conditioner
1/13/17 HR - 1 time (10th session, which is what consultant recommended)
Zydot process
Overnighted in PDT90 home test
1/14/17 Surprisingly results came back negative from Psychemedics home test – 5pg/10mg (0.5) screening cut off using EIA, so they did not do the mass spec conf cutoff that is 0.1 and not sure I would have passed at that level.
The quick response had me freaking out a little (arrived and was completed on a Saturday). I called and they assured me the test was done and certified. Feel way better now knowing these results, but continued HR treatments as long as possible.
PM3, AR, HR (1 time)
1/15/17 PM3, AR, HR (1 time)
1/16/17 PM3, AR, HR (1 time)
1/17/17 PM3, AR, HR (3 times)
1/18/17 PM3, AR, HR (2 times)
1/19/17 PM3, AR, HR (4 times) ***Got email from Human Resources saying this needs to be done by the 23rd.
1/20/17 Day off scalp is very sensitive
1/21/17 PM3, AR, HR
1/22/17 Day off
1/23/17 PM3, AR, HR (3 times)
Zydot process
Had sample taken at testing facility…they cut a ton of hair off, way more than Psyc recommends for the PDT90 home test. Got a little worried again, but knew I had done quite a bit of prep.

Recap:
Had a total of 26 HR treatments (Hair Razor consult recommended 10 based on my history), used PM3 17 times, used AR 14 times, Zydot twice (1 time on each test day), Toxin wash 5 times, 1 hair relaxer session, and some baking soda a few times.

My opinion is Hair Razor has this figured out as long as you do the consult and have the time to do the repeated treatments. I did use other shampoos and methods also since I had the products on hand. Not sure anything is going to clean heavy use in one or two sessions, so the key is consistently continuing to breakdown the metabolites. While I believe the Jerry G and Maccujo are beneficial home remedy versions, the bleach and re-dye isn’t always an option and hard to tell how many times it’s needed to make sure. At least with the consult Hair Razor gives there are some real results driving what they recommend.
Hope this helps and good luck to anyone going through this bs…

Back
Top Bottom