Will I pass - Question about threshold cut off

Cmusk8

I drug tested for a job and I am nervous to hear back.

10 days prior to my test I took 2 hits from a one hitter and the night after I took a small baby hit.

I only smoke about once every two weeks and it's usually only a few hits.I am 5'9, very skinny, work out a lot, fast metabolism, and im very active.

The day of my test I forgot to drink a decent amount of water and my pee was very yellow. However, I dont think it was my first pee of the day. I did make sure my sample was taken mid stream.

The reason I am nervous is because there is a possibility that my test will be at a 20ng/mL.

Let me know what you guys think.

Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Thanks

I work in a lab but I can't answer you for sure. You are riding on the line. How long ago was the test?

Hi Bloodguy,

The test was on Friday, so three days ago.
I'm really hoping the threshold is at 50ng/mL.

I have a prescription for adderall, do you think they will run a confirmatory test if my drug screen comes back positive for amphetamines? Or do you think they would call me to verify that I have a prescription before considering a confirmatory test?

The reason I ask is because I would hate to think that they would run a confirmatory test which can potentially change the cut off level (from 50ng/mL to 20ng/mL for example) for marijuana just because my initial drug screen came up positive for my precription meds.

Would marijuana be examined in a confirmatory test if it was inititially considered negative for the drug screen?

Or does it not typically work that way?

Thank you for your feedback.

I know I would pass. I take monthly drug tests and I smoke for 20 days a hit or two a day and always pass. You should be good. Let us know. Good luck.

If they find Adderall u will probly get a call from a medical review officer to discuss your prescriptions. But you should have been asked what meds you're on when you provided the sample. Either way generally a call from the MRO is next. Confirmatory tests are not cheap. Employers won't generally pay for them.even If they do it will not cover thc, nor opiates or cocaine for that matter. It will be a specific test to confirm the amphetamine, that test alone will cost more than double what the original 5 or 10 panel test cost. Germ says he smokes all month and passes so it's possible... But I'm not making any promises.

If they find Adderall u will probly get a call from a medical review officer to discuss your prescriptions. But you should have been asked what meds you're on when you provided the sample. Either way generally a call from the MRO is next. Confirmatory tests are not cheap. Employers won't generally pay for them.even If they do it will not cover thc, nor opiates or cocaine for that matter. It will be a specific test to confirm the amphetamine, that test alone will cost more than double what the original 5 or 10 panel test cost. Germ says he smokes all month and passes so it's possible... But I'm not making any promises.

Thank you for sharing this information with me, I was not able to find a straight answer when I searched online. Thanks again

The sheet is not with me at the moment but I do believe the MRO's name is on there. Do you suggest reaching out to the MRO regarding my prescription if I dont get a call within the next day or two?

I smoke lightly 20 days every month. I quit for 10. I buy drug tests from the dollar tree. They are a buck a piece. I usually show clean at seven days. Very faint second line. My doc has never said anything. I am in pain management. So I have to take a test every month.

I smoke lightly 20 days every month. I quit for 10. I buy drug tests from the dollar tree. They are a buck a piece. I usually show clean at seven days. Very faint second line. My doc has never said anything. I am in pain management. So I have to take a test every month.
I'm sorry to hear the doctor is like that with you. My experience with pain management testing is a simple test to confirm the presence of the prescribed opiod. This is to help prevent diversion. Either way I'm glad you've found a way to make it work for you germ, that's what matters.

One more question if you don't mind.

On my form it states that my panel is a "CMC-10 panel standard"

What does the CMC mean?

Thanks

One more question if you don't mind.

On my form it states that my panel is a "CMC-10 panel standard"

What does the CMC mean?

Thanks

A ten panel drug screen is often administered to test employees of law enforcement and occupational medicine, as well as to examine if a person on legal probation is violating the terms of that probation. Further, many civil servants are required to pass a 10 panel drug screen, particularly if their job entails dangerous work or work where the employee is responsible for the safety of others.

A standard 10 panel drug urine test typically looks for cocaine, marijuana, PCP, amphetamines, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, propoxyphene, & Quaaludes.

Back
Top Bottom