False Positives

Gorilla Seeds

We're going through our first experience with court-ordered drug screens since a member of my family caught a possession charge recently. He's not convicted yet, but pre-trial screens are a condition of his bail/bond.

The day after release, he tested dirty for THC (no surprise), but he also tested positive for Benzos, even though he doesn't take them & the guy testing him said they should have been out of his system even if he had took one right before he was arrested.

So, we order a box of tests to watch for that benzo line to appear. It never does.
Then yesterday, a week and a half later, the opiate line disappears. He doesn't do opiates either - that's why he was smoking pot for his pain - because he doesn't like them.

To make sure the tests were good, I take one - the opiate line for negative appears heavy & dark, almost immediately. The benzo line is lighter & slower to show, but it shows.

Now that we've researched & asked our pharmacist to research, we've found this out. Here's where we think he's showing false positives - but I guess we'll have to go get a "real" test to make sure instead of the little dipstick things.

Coriciden HPB - he takes this for congestion since he has high blood pressure - it can make you test positive for opiates.
Aleve/Naproxen Sodium - he takes 2, twice a day for inflammation & pain - it can make you test positive for pot, benzos, & PCP (they don't test for PCP as far as I know)
Prilosec OTC - he takes 40 mg (twice the OTC dose) daily - may make you test positive for THC

The list of things that can make you have a false positive is surprisingly long. I can't figure out how anyone who takes anything is passing.

Considering the police accused him of having crystal meth when they found a little tub of pure CBD concentrate (not illegal in our state - we bought it at a vape shop), this is making us more than a little nervous.

Anyone else had experiences with false positives?

That's very strange. Does he exercise? I'm just wondering because some pre-workouts have some very strange unlisted ingredients in them. Good luck man, love your seeds.

nope - no crazy workouts or anything.

but, I know he hasn't had those other meds - he was pretty upset about it.

he's dying for a joint about now because he's not sleeping & if he's not smoking, I'm sure he's not popping pills.
i don't know where he's get any to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom