Help! Any info or opinion welcome - DOT drug test

Thecaptain

Hey guys, so I'm going to try and lay out my position as clearly as possible. I'm hoping to get some feedback on what some people with more experience in this area than I can give.

I work for a company where I have to have a Class E license (drive for hire license in my state) I am aware that Class A, B, and C CDL's are the only licenses that are required for random DOT testing but I'm in a bind and am extremely nervous.

The company I work for is owned by my family and we have 2 drivers with CDLs and me (the class E). Being that we have two drivers who are subject to random testing we must sign up with a collecting agency to be put in a random pool for testing. So here at the beginning of January my boss in the business received an email from the testing company asking to be updated if we have any new drivers. The gentleman who received the email thinks a class E is required to be put on the list. Needles to say I don't want to make a big fuss so I don't throw up a bunch of red flags.

I called the collection agency to act like I was just making sure we got everyone we needed on the list and the guy was like "yep we got all three"

Like I said I know I'm not LEGALLY required by the DOT to take randoms test but will I be put in the pool to be drawn anyways?

I've read over some of the protocols and it says a non-dot participant can't be in the DOT pool.

Are the randoms something the actual department of Transportation does and then notifies the collection company who should be tested? Or will this Company throw me in with our other two drivers and show up some random day to test me? I plan to get some synthetic "quick fix" urine just in case. Also, how much of a heads up does the employers get that the random test is required?

Like I said ANY info is welcome. Also any other places or sites that might be better to post this question? Sorry for the long winded post

Most times an employer uses an instant mouth swab test. If it’s an instant mouth seab test it’s super easy to pass. Stringer mouthwash or something like it will help with those. If it’s a lab confirmed mouth seab, very difficult to pass if you smoker within three days of the test. For a urine test, if you have two to three hours notice, use a product called Q Carbo with the booster tablets. Good luck!

I know a person who works in the biomedical field. He works on some urinalysis machines that are designed and built in Amsterdam. If you are in the US, and are tested by that machine, you are basically screwed if you have consumed within about 60 days (cannabis). It can't be fooled. They are used mainly in methadone clinics, and some reference labs. There are other places that have these but are pretty rare in regular testing labs.

I will say, there are not many around, for they are super expensive. Most other methods can be fooled with something.

I'm just putting it out there, for information.

Back
Top Bottom