Hair detox products - Any input?

bill704

Hello all, this is my first real post, so please bear with me.

I've done a lot of searching online and found pretty much no personal experiences with these so-called hair detox shampoos. I had to submit a hair sample for my previous/hopefully future employer, but couldn't find any advice as to which product to choose. (Heh, like I really had a choice, I was given a 2 day notice.) Anyway, I ended up using URN Luck's Get Clean Shampoo and am hoping it worked.

Which brings me to....

I'd like to suggest any reviews on these shampoos/conditioners. Based on my research, I'd like very much for that Santa person NOT to post. As everyone else said, communities need not be polluted with your blatent spam. And of course, I'll most certainly follow up about my experience.

So, any comments on the following products?

• Folli-Kleen Intense Hair Cleanser
  • Get Clean Shampoo
  • Ultra Cleanse Hair Cleansing Shampoo & Conditioner
  • ZYDOT Ultra Clean Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Toxin Wash Shampoo
  • Omni Shampoo

Naturally, any others you might have tried but are not on the list are welcome as well. Perhaps not the right forum, but I'd like to hear of tried and tested home remedies.

Thank you for your time.

Re: Hair 'detox' products. Any input?

Im here not to excit you, or make you feel more confident about any of these products. For the truth is they DONT work. Everybody Ive known thats used a hair detox product has failed miserably.

That's interesting.... A good friend of mine's cousin had to give a sample for the bank she wanted to work for, and she swears that whatever product she used in fact worked.

I'm hoping to god it works for me... If I don't get my old job back I'm going to be working at a RadioShack. lol

Yeah, can't really say that'd surprise me much... In fact, more the other way around. I think I'll piss myself with glee.

. . . Anyway, I ended up using URN Luck's Get Clean Shampoo and am hoping it worked. . .

. . .And of course, I'll most certainly follow up about my experience.

Product FAILED.

Just got off the phone with the guys and he informed me I was 2.5 (does that sound right?) over the minimum cut off.

Whether that's high or low I'm not too sure, but if you can figure it out I'll give some information which may or may not have affected that number:

• First off, I used that overpriced shampoo
  • I'm on 3 prescribed medications:
    1. Concerta XR, (3) 36 mg pills in the morning
    2. Welbutrine XL, (1) 150 mg
    3. Sertraline (Zoloft generic), 150 mg
  • My metabolism (without the Concerta) is very high. I'm approximately 5'8 and usually weighed 125-133 range, after the Concerta it is now 118 lbs.
  • Last but not least, my marijuana use has been multiple times, daily.

The test was performed by Psychemedics Corp, a major name in the "drug testing" (marijuana user busting) industry.

I hope I can help anyone out with this info... It's at least a little documentation concerning 'detox shampoos.' Like I said, I searched the internet and saw it didn't work out for people--I just wanted to try it myself and be able to give a little more detailed of an experience.

....to add in real quick, the hair was taken from behind the head at the base of my skull. My hair's about 8 inches and about 6 of that has been dyed and bleeched many of times.

Hello fellow 420ans!

This is my first post to this forum. I joined specifially to tell you about my experience with the hair detox products offered on the market today (in particular 'Toxin Wash').

First of all, I am a heavy smoker. I smoke everyday without fail. And not the middies.

Recently I was offered a job a very respectable company with one hell of a bonus program. It was the best job offer I have ever had. From the time of the initial call to the time I had to take my drug test was about 3 1/2 weeks. From the time I received the call I stopped smoking cold turkey, and, started researching detox products on the internet.

After 40 plus hours of intensive research on what product I should use, I came to the conclusion that the 'Toxin Wash' shampoo was my best bet. I followed the pre-treatment instructions to a "T". For 2 weeks before I used the treatment, I washed my hair with Nexxus' Aloe Rid. I thought all of this would have been sufficient.

It failed miserably.

Anyway, the moral of the story (and I know we all hate a story that begins with the word moral, but give me a chance) is:

THESE PRODUCTS DO NOT WORK!!! THEY ALL CONTAIN THE SAME ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN VARYING DEGREES. THEY MAY REMOVE A LOT OF THINGS. DRUG METABOLITES AREN'T ONE OF THEM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME MESSING AROUND WITH THESE "DETOX REMEDIES"!!!!!! THEY ARE ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS DESIGNED TO BILK YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY.

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE ONLY WAY TO SUCCESSFULLY PASS A HAIR FOLLICLE TEST IS NOT TO USE.............PERIOD!!!!!!

We can all argue about one's rights to privacy and so forth. We can expose the facts supporting medical marijuana use. We can enlighten people as to the economical benefits of legalizing m-j completely. None of that matters in the here and now. Right now a positive result on a drug screen doesn't carry with it the compassion of the 63% of voters that voted "yes" on Michigans Medical Marijuana Law.

I am a qualified patient and caregiver. I should be able to do as necessary on my own time. We are no longer on our own time. We are all on Big Brother's clock whether we like it or not.

No matter how any of this choas comes to rest, I know for sure that I will not be wasting any more time (and a boat load of money) on trying to adulterate a drug screen.

You cannot remove the metabolite nucleus from a strand of hair without completely breaking down its molecular structure. It just wont work.

Well, that's it for me. You all keep on 'medicating'. Smoke one for me. I'll be cleaning myself out. I won't be embarrassed like that again over some weed.

Regretful for smoking,

jjbos

I usually stop smoking about 2 months prior to interviewing for new jobs, but i recently got an offer to interview for a position out of the blue. i used to work for the company so i know they do hair testing. i immediately started doing research on detox shampoos and ordered a home hair test kit to know if i should even take the job if i get it (i know a lot of people in the company so failing the drug test would be really embarrassing). i ended up buying toxin wash, although i was a little worried by all the mixed reviews online for any detox shampoo. the hair test kit i ordered (hairconfirm) said on their website that the test is not at all affected by shampoos, which further worried me.

I had to overnight the shampoo and testing kit, so all in all it costed me about $200 for both. i followed the toxin wash directions exactly, doing the prewash (i even washed for a few days with neutrogena t-gel.. i read somewhere that it helps) and the 4 treatments over two days. i then overnighted a hair sample back to hairconfirm.

Just to give you background on my usuage - i smoke about 5 times a week. i usually only take a hit or two from my vaporizer on weeknights to help me fall asleep. I smoke a bowl pack or two on the weekends. i also take a few loritabs on the weekends (maybe about 5-10 a week) when i go out. im about 6'2'', normal weight, and exercise (cardio) about 3 times a week which speeds up metabolism some. My hair is about 1.5 inches, so it should reflect about 3 months of usage.

Anyways, i just got my hairconfirm results back and they were negative for THC and positive for hydrocodone. The hydrocodone levels were very close to the cutoff level, so im hoping that if i get the job offer this week, i can get one last haircut next week before the real test and pass it fully. at least i wont feel as embarrassed if i fail for loritabs.

U know sometime's the stuff work's more time's than not they Don't ~~~~the hair thing didn't work 4 me ~~so whatever ~~

First off, I'm not involved in the promotion of Toxin Wash by any means. But I will tell you that I believe Toxin Wash works...plain and simple! I smoked every day, mutliple times a day, for the last 2 years...maybe missing a day or here or there. I was laid off about 7 months ago due to the economy crashing and coming from a job where my boss didnt care what we did, as long as we didnt do it on company time, a drug test never crossed my mind. Well that all changed when I was recently offered a new job with a larger scale company with a much better package from head to toe.

Now for the last month and a half, today is 3/21/10...i havent smoked at all. I have my first child on the way so stopping was for the baby and not for a job. Just my choice to move on from that for now. Anyway....during this interview I was told I would be hired only IF I pass a drug screen and my background comes back good. I thought, hey...I can pass a pee test. NOPE...It was a hair folicle exam! I about pooped myself because I know that the hair folicle test can test back 90 days or more.

I did what most of you would do....I freaked out and thought, i cant believe I have to get a hair test done, I AM SCREWED! RELAX, lol....So I checked the internet for what's out there.....how can I pass a hair folicle test? I came across Toxin Wash. I would be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical about the product, especially after reading some reviews I came across. I bought the Toxin Wash but I also went and purchased Noxema T/Gel. Before doing the Toxin Wash's, I washed my hair 6 times with T/Gel. Yes, after the 6th wash my head was extremly tingly. I then followed the instructions that Toxin Wash provides. I did this the night before the test, right before I went to bed, then the morning of. I stripped away my pillow cases, slept with the fan on, didnt let my hair touch anything that made contact with it prior to doing the wash. I took the test and 3 days later I got a phone call from the company hiring me saying I passed the test.

Again, I am NOT a person trying to promote Toxin Wash. Just trying to help others out who are in a situation. It worked for me and I'm someone who smoked a whole helluva lot over the last 2 years. Toxin Wash cost with shipping a little over $100. I would recommend that if you get into a sitaution like I did, go buy this stuff and hopefully it will work for you too. There's no doubt in my mind that if I didnt use this stuff, I would have failed miserably! Good luck

I got offered a good job. Found out about a hair follicle test. Freaked out. Used Toxin Wash (2 bottles), following the directions exactly aside from a few modifications that I thought could improve my chances. Took my own hair test to see where I stood. Passed. Took Psychemedics corp. hair test, and also passed. I was a heavy user. It can be done!

I tried the Zydot Ultra Clean and it did not work. I quit smoking two weeks before the test and followed the instructions perfectly. I left each cycle on my head for 10+ minutes and did it right before taking the test. I bought a brand new comb and was careful not to touch my head with anything previously used. Now I'm screwed and don't know what to do. Please don't waste your time or money on this product. I'm going to try and get my money back through the guarantee but we'll see how that goes.

As with any product, the people that the product didn't work for are more motivated to post a review. The people it does work for will forget about the product shortly after the test.

So it is normal to find more bad reviews than good ones, especially with a product such as a detox.

My buddy quit smoking for 2 months for a hair test. He used a detox shampoo, cut his hair short (he usually keeps it that way), and thought he was ready. Well, he went in and guess what? They pulled the hair from his armpit! They are getting wise to these tactics to beat drug tests, so beware that you have more hair on your body than just your head!

I too used the zydot ultra clean shampoo, conditioner, and purifying stuff. Well I failed. I think. The job never called me but I called them and I was tolled that I had a positive on my drug test. She wouldn't say what but if I had any perscription medication to take them into the lab. So I think I failed. I did take 2 loritabs a week before my test cause I hurt my back. So I think that might have come out. I am not sure on the greens though. Well I am looking for another plan if anyone has any info. I am getting a job offer and will need to take a hair test again. I haven't taken any pills in a few weeks or smoked anything in a week. I am not a heavy user anymore since I can't afford it right now. So if anyone has any suggestions please reply.

I took my first test 10/12 and failed after using the Zydot. I stopped smoking around 10/1. I started swimming and getting in the hot tub almost everyday at the gym. I also saturated my hair with white vinegar a couple times when it was dry then put a shower cap on and let it dry. I also started using the T/Sal shampoo every couple days. I died my hair and used Ultra Klean before taking the second test on 11/12 and I passed this one. My hair is a bit longer than shoulder length and I'm not sure what exactly worked but I'm just glad I passed. I quit smoking cold turkey though and it sucks! I miss my greens so much! I with they would just legalize it already but good luck on your test. I'm still waiting on my refund from Zydot and I'm really wondering if they are going to honor it.

I used to work for a temp agency and to get hired on full time we had to take the hair test. Their was plenty of time to get "cleaned up" and I knew a girl who took the test and passed. I am not sure what product she used because it was about 5 years ago but it was some kind of mud that you put into your hair and let it sit there. I really hate the hair test and also the mouth swab test. The hair mud stuff seems like it would work well because it has a while to really soak in there.

Easiest thing to do is this.

Manscape if you're a guy. Shave all hair off of your body and make them do blood / urine.

Being ex military the head etc.. shaving is nothing new..... BUT, the arms, legs, armpits and crotch..... SUCKED. Had to get the wifey to shave my ass crack and back (no I am not hairy but you want NO hair).... you know she loves me.... lol

Do not forget the back of your hands and top of the feet, you do not want even 1 of those small almost see thru hairs......

But hey, it works.

The only funny looks I got was my short eyebrows.....

No clue why but, I have taken over 50 plus urine and blood tests and have never failed(military and CDL truck driver). The only thing I do is two one a day vitamins at night every night, 2 miles on a treadmill everyday except the day of a test(if I know I have one coming, you get randoms driving a truck. Go into work and they send you directly to clinic) and at least 2 pots of coffee and a ltr of water every day 7days/week.

I smoke every evening and just before bed. Never in the morning except sometimes on a Saturday.

:peace:
WillyB

I too used the zydot ultra clean shampoo, conditioner, and purifying stuff. Well I failed. I think. The job never called me but I called them and I was tolled that I had a positive on my drug test. She wouldn't say what but if I had any perscription medication to take them into the lab. So I think I failed. I did take 2 loritabs a week before my test cause I hurt my back. So I think that might have come out. I am not sure on the greens though. Well I am looking for another plan if anyone has any info. I am getting a job offer and will need to take a hair test again. I haven't taken any pills in a few weeks or smoked anything in a week. I am not a heavy user anymore since I can't afford it right now. So if anyone has any suggestions please reply.

Loratab will stay in your system for about three to four days if you took a couple. But if you are a heavy user of them it can stay up to a month. As far as your hair there is no real way of getting the toxin out of your hair. Just remember to be aware of any product that claims it can. I would say the people who have passed their folical test with a shampoo are just Damn lucky they got a false negative for any toxins on the test. It isn't the newest test on the market but it can still be fowled up by the medical lab tech that passed his piss test with his buddy piss (LOL). Hope this helps:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom