Health insurance physical?

FrankDaTank89

Hey, whats up fellow tokers! just joined and look forward to beeing a part of this community. but i have a quick first question.

I am 19 and just got back home from my freshman year of college and in short, it was awesome. anyways, parents recently told me I had to get a physical for the health insurance agency, since I am now considered an "adult." I called the woman to make an appointment and strangely she is coming by here to my house, and its on sunday. I didn't think anything about it till she told me "it will take 10-15 minutes. all i have to do is take your height, weight, blood pressure, and pee in a cup." when i heard that last statement my heart dropped.

So the good thing here is that the rest of my family is going to be out of the house at the time, but i am still very worried because my parents are paying my health insurance till I get out of college. I am with bluecross blueshield in north carolina. So the question here is, is this going to penalize me, and if it does, since I am considered an adult, even though my parents are paying, is there anyway to hide it from them so they wont figure it out?

I had a friend of a friend who wen through the same thing, not sure who his insurance company was, and they didnt say crap to him and his insurance didnt go up at all, but i wanted to ask anyways.

thanks a lot you guys!

btw, dont suggest any detox, becuase i would love to do it, turst me, but i am completly broke and don't have any money right now.

ehh, with these responses and the story i already heard, im just gonna wing it and hope for the best.

thanks guys!

and I hope your right Boss, but i guess im lucky enough not enough to see the bills. they do all of that. which has been very awesome up until this point. i was just wondering if they do find something, will it show up in like bold print somewhere in the next bill "thc" or "marijuana" otherwise i think ill be fine.

and right now, being back in town, i either dont know anybody that can get me clean piss, or am not good enough friends to ask if i can have their piss.

man, my parents do not know, and well lets just say they have been way overprotective my whole life, not letting me watch james bond movies in the 7th grade, not letting me stay home alone till maybe the end of the 11th. and i have never gotten in trouble with the law or anything, so they are basically just physco. i wouldn't want to be caught at all, but if i had the choice between the cops finding out and not my parents, or my parents, i would defiantly pick the cops. i probably wouldn't be able to speak with them for the rest of my life. Thats why I kept this shit at college, but the last time i smoked was the last day i was at college, which sadly was last wednesday (not two days ago, but the one before that, the 7th) and i probably smoked every weekend before that.

But, I am 6 feet and weigh about 150 lbs. I maybe worked out twice this whole school year (fixing that next year) and ate my fucking ass off, like 3 meals before i went to bed, after 10, every single night and gained 1 lbs over the whole school year, so i have very high metabolism.

I know their is a lot of controversy over the whole "how long it takes thc to get out of the system" deal, but i have some skinny ass pothead friends like me who have been able to pass a test a little after a week. so i have been to the skatepark, drank shit loads of water and worked out almost every days since i foudn out about this (around monday) so thats why i said im going to wing it and hope for the best. wish me luck guys.

I would tell them. I would say, instead of drinking, I prefer Cannabis on the weekends. Then duck.

haha, yea, i think duck was the best piece of advice there. I usually am the most paranoid person when smoking and when thinking about anything like this, but I am actually not really worried that much about this, so i think that might be a good sign, or its that thc getting to me :cheesygrinsmiley:

even though that would be true, because ever since i started smoking, i dont even think i like drinking anymore.

even though that would be true, because ever since i started smoking, i dont even think i like drinking anymore.

I quit drinking regularly about 10 years ago, and I don't miss it. I just packed 2 boxes of 3 year old liquor... I still have a beer every 3 -6 months.. hehe but that's after it's real hot and I just cut the grass.

Honestly, it just depends on your faith in your path in this thing we call life :)

Sometimes it's ok to speak when you are not supposed to. Without people standing for what they know is true and right, nothing would ever change, and we would still communicate in grunts.

If your grades are good, you know you are a good person, what stands in the way of voicing your opinion on the ways of the world? If you see an improvement in your life and the others around you, because of the way you live your life, you should never be ashamed of your chosen path.

A lie is a lie is a lie, and they were told lies their whole life. Now you have to continue the expected pattern and lie right back.

Of course, if he will stop paying for your education, and kick you out, disregard everything I just said :) Peace.

I speak from direct experience on this subject ;-)

yea, that last line is probably what would happen, so im going to discard that :)

btw man, went through your whole poor mans grow room thread, and i have to say, pretty freaking awesome. I can't wait to get my own place so I can do that, not to sell or anything, but just a small grow room for myself.

nice man. looking forward to seeing some more pics.

anyways, so i didn't really get my question answered by anyone here. so if they are testing for thc, and i do test positive, then when my dad opens up the next bill, does anyone know if it will be noticeable? Like "marijuana" or "thc" in bold, or do you think it will blend in with the fine text?

It won't even be on there. I don't think they even test for it.

i hope so. i know for sure im going to have to piss in a cup. now, other than drugs, not sure why they would do that. After doing some research through good old google, I have only found two other people with the similar question, and both have same health insurance and live in my state. I saw people with the same health insurance, except in the states that border mine posting comments like "i never had to piss in a cup" etc.

damn, this would be the shittiest way to get caught.

well, i guess this doesn't mean that I am 100% in the clear and i wont know for sure until tomorrow, but I think I am pretty much safe now. This is a response I got from another person that had the same problem in with the same health insurance in the same state about 2 years ago, I couldn't even mail him on the site I found it on, I had to trace it back to his flickr account and send him a pm from there, lol.

"Yes I had the physical almost two years ago. They took a urine sample, and when I asked about it they said it was an HIV test. I was suspicious about this at first, but a friend in healthcare confirmed that there is now a urine test for HIV. I kind of think they wouldn't be allowed to lie about that sort of thing as that would mean they were drug testing without consent. At any rate they gave me a policy shortly after with no more questions, and if it had been a drug test I highly doubt that I would have passed. In short, you're probably fine. Best of luck."

well if anyone cares, i am safe. It did end up being a HIV test, and the woman specifically told me that it wasn't a drug screening. Can't wait to start my job this week, and then I will be set for a good summer :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom