Thread: Hair test question

Post Thanks / Like

Hair test question

I went in for a drug screen yesterday and they gave me a ua and a hair test. I know I passed the ua, but I don't know about the hair test. I have only smoked three times in the past three months and it was only 5 or 6 hits each time. They took the hair from my leg which was only about 1/8th inch long ( I shave my body hair because I am a competitive swimmer.) Having shaved my hair so much and only smoking a little is there any way I passed the test. Thanks for the help guys.
    StraightDetox thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hair test question

when i was first applying for a technical college they threatened to test us using our hair, stating that compounds remained in the strands for up to a year. i never believed them and they never tested us.

with you shaving your hair so much, and it being so tiny, my guess is its most likely fairly new hair, possibly containing no active compounds to show in their tests. i wouldnt worry too much about it, as theres not much you can do now besides wait.

Post Thanks / Like

thc will last in the hair as long as it has been growing, if youve smoked since the last time of shaving then the compounds will be present in the hair.
    oh and you dont have to lie about the swimming thing, i shave my legs too. its an awesome way to get girls to take off their pants. " i bet my legs are smoother than yours"

we must go through hell to know the true beauty of heaven.
    "if what you keep holds truth inside, stand up defend, or lay down and die." P.O.D.
    "How infinitesimal is the importance of anything I do, but how infinitely important it is that I do it." --Voltaire

*disclaimer: i am crazy

Post Thanks / Like

I heard coloring your hair or any other chemical procedure will strip hair of Toxins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonkey View Post
    oh and you dont have to lie about the swimming thing, i shave my legs too. its an awesome way to get girls to take off their pants. " i bet my legs are smoother than yours"
    lmao
    "The longest journey is the journey inwards of him who has chosen his destiny, who has started upon his quest for the source of his being." - Dag Hammarskjold

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It will stay in your hair until you cut it, so if they pulled a hair from my head I'd be fucked... but if you have shaved since the last time you smoked you should be fine unless there was enough THC (depends on who's doing the testing to determing how much is considered "failing") in the roots of the hair. Most people seem to forget that even though you can't see the hair the chemicals would still be present in the roots. All I can say is good luck
    Some Like Sunshine And Some Like Rain
    Some Like Pleasure And Some Like Pain
    Some Like Peace And Some Like War
    And Some Don't Even Know What They're Fighting For
    What Your Fighting For
    What Your Fighting For
    Do You Even Really Know What Your Fighting For?
    -Kottonmouth Kings

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't smoked since shaving, you should be fine. I wouldn't even worry about it since you're obviously not a heavy smoker.

I dont think dying hair will remove the presence of drugs. I was told it didn't work. All of this makes me think of Britney Spears... poor girl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonkey View Post
    thc will last in the hair as long as it has been growing, if youve smoked since the last time of shaving then the compounds will be present in the hair.

Way too damn funny
    Marijuana aint a drug... Its God's gift to man

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, its been 3 months since ive smoked and im looking to take edibles. if i get tested in a month (because im going on winter break and will be off campus) will my hair test show positive for thc? even if no smoke touched my head and its been so long since my last smoke sesh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

only way to get rid of this is shaving.
    even if you stopped consuming for years, if you hadn't shaved your hair since then, your hair, grown in that time, will show it.