Corruption in the monitoring industry

EJBubbles

Last year I got myself into legal trouble when I was embarrassingly drunk.
The judge in charge of my bond conditions, and my bond supervisor, all determined that I would have to prove my sobriety from alcohol through regular monitoring.
My monitoring came in the form of Daily BA's and random EtG's. Both of these tests are only capable of determining alcohol use, nothing else.
While moving around the state, and skipping from one monitoring agency to another, I learned that EtG Tests usually cost $25; which is why I was surprised when a new monitoring agency told me that it would cost $40 for an EtG test.
I knew they were up to no good, so I called them on it. What they call an "EtG test" is actually a combination of two tests...an EtG and a 7-panel poly-UA which also tests for Marijuana. My protest got my "EtG" price down to $25, and allowed me to maintain some privacy...or so I thought!
A few months into my monitoring with this new agency, I asked the agency to print me out a copy of my results. SURPRISE!! They'd been running poly-UA tests on me anyway, and sending those results to my bond supervisor!
When confronted, my agency stated that "there had been an accident at the testing facility." I replied that "if I'd accidentally left my social security card at your office, it wouldn't be a mistake for you to make a copy of that card, then send a copy to whoever you wanted; no, it would be criminal. I need you to remove your illegally obtained records of me from your computer."
They removed the illegally obtained records.

I have a series of documents, signed by myself, my bond supervisor, my bond judge, and my monitoring agency, all of which clearly state that I have only given my current monitoring agency the right to run EtG tests on my urine.
I have obtained a statement from a monitoring agent wherein he laughs about how rediculous it is to think that his agency wouldn't run the extra tests..."it's all the same thing...((you mean you just run the extra tests on the urine since you have the urine?))...uh-huh." I've also got many other statements of ignorance and corruption by several other monitoring agents within agencies around the state.
My current agency, and the others who seemed the most corrupt...guess what... they come highly recommended by bond supervisors and probation officers alike!

I have sent a plea to the ACLU for representation in criminal, civil, and class action suits against my current monitoring agency, and several other agencies who I have collected evidence against. I don't know if the ACLU will be able to help me go after the folks inside the criminal justice system who not only turn a blind eye to these constant invasions of privacy and endless breaches of contracts, but who in fact benefit from and encourage the illegal practices of these corrupt monitoring agencies.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has signed over more rights to a monitoring agency than they were ordered to sign over by a judge .

If this issue annoys you, agencies pulling any trick they can to increase their customer base, please, help me create a buzz.

:thanks:

I'M so glad you won! It's awesome to hear about someone winning against the corruption! I've seen so many people lose that fight. I am inspired!

Thanks Rusty, it wasn't an easy battle and those corrupt buggers know it.

UPDATE:
I was denied representation by the ACLU and was unable to find any other lawyers who would take my case for free, but, in the mean time, the illegally obtained poly-UA test results were not mentioned at my final court hearings, and I won't be monitored at all for the duration of my probation.

Government employees and contractors have financial interest in the war of prohibition, which is waged against US and world citizens. They let their papers go and they let you go. Are you not a pot head? Too bad they didn't treat you the morning after with coffee and a joint.

Back
Top Bottom