Roor bongs, real or fake?

eazyemerencz

so i work in a smoke shop in canada, & we carry our RooRs for an acceptionally low price, is there ways to tell its authenticity other than the obvious gromet to glass on glass part. there is a squiggle of blue up the sides of all the bongs & they are going for $174.99-$249.99 at the most. we sell a lot of china made products, so i was wondering if we are shipping american ones or not. anyone know a bit on the roors?

dude if there fake then thats some bullshit lol. i'd be so fucking pissed if i bought a fake ROOR.

so i work in a smoke shop in canada, & we carry our RooRs for an acceptionally low price, is there ways to tell its authenticity other than the obvious gromet to glass on glass part. there is a squiggle of blue up the sides of all the bongs & they are going for $174.99-$249.99 at the most. we sell a lot of china made products, so i was wondering if we are shipping american ones or not. anyone know a bit on the roors?

I would assume since you work at the smokeshop you would be able to tell us.:reading420magazine:

A lil off the point but... can anyone tell me why I would pay that much for a glass cylinder... what's so special about a R00R?
What I mean is, I know blowers who do really really nice work... and cheaper than a R00R. Sooooo... that being asked... what say you R00R owners?

hahaha just because i work in the smoke shop doesn't mean shit! the roor's are very similarly made to the german one's. a customer told me the squiggle on the size is how you tell the glass make, & the american ones have the red dot at the bottom of the squiggle on the side vs. on the top (which would be the american one)
i have confirmed these are straight out of china, & that its very hard to tell.

I must agree with Captain Kronic.

I've been taking bong hits for almost 35 years. I think any glass bong simply made with a good water resevoir and a good seal will deliver a good hit. I personally prefer a bowl that lifts instead of a carb. Im not an ice in the bong guy. 300 bucks for a bong? Thats insane.

Ive also had some handmade bamboo and ceramic bongs that would give glass a run for its money.

Gimme a quart of water and a good seal and Im good to go.

Agreed. Gotta love a good lift. I saw a challenge where a guy sealed the drilled out channel of an apple so well, his fill beat a percalator. Reminded me of highschool! Great stuff!

:roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:ROOR Bongs are hands down the best I've used and they had a huge sale on them at High Times in Niagara Falls $70 a piece, I bought six for $400 and they are Awesome!!

:roorrip:

I gotta say, I love my Double Perc Roor....smoothest hitting bong so far I have owned.

DSC032222.JPG
DSC032262.JPG
DSC032241.JPG

I've read up a little on them...

1.You want to make sure that the logo is correctly positioned... sitting the right way and not reversed..

2. The Roor logo shouldnt be able to be scratched off, should be under a layer of glass/glaze... Im not a glass blower so I don't know the terms..

3. The Ice catcher area should always have 3 points, not 4.... and they should go pretty far in, not short stumpy ones..

4. The glass should have no seams connecting the base to the stem part, or near the downstem area...from what I've read, its all blown as one piece...

5. The roor logo will never go across any ice catcher or perk area's and always centered nicely in the open space...

This is so far what I have gathered that others around the internet are describing ways to tell... I'm not a pro and do not blow glass, but hope this helps...

How much did you pay for that icemud.. That's a beautie

It was listed at 350$ but talked him down to 270$... I actually had the same exact one, but with cobalt blue perks, but someone broke it, so this one was the replacement, and I think it actually hits smoother than the other for some reason, even though they were the same..

there are 2 companies that make ROOR, the american and the original german company. ROOR germany stopped shipping to america and canada because american ROOR is 100% ripping them off. so chances are you're piece isn't a true ROOR. The american ROOR does smoke quite good though.

Can someyou one pleaseyou help me? I m getting my first real bong and I found one I realy like

can anyone tell me if this is fake or not?

stan_4.jpg
stan3.jpg
stan5.jpg
stan2.jpg
Stan1.jpg

And also does fake realy mean made in america to me that could be a good thing as long as the quality is comparable.

I have three roors. The trademark and logo look right. The arms do not. I haven't seen a German roor lately that has a dome perc. Usually shower downstem. I would not buy it. I'm calling it an imposter

Sent from my iPad through osmosis

definitly fake ;) u can get those in china alibaba and co. Ive got american and German RooR and this one i've just saw at chinese "wholesaler" but maybe they looked like that in the past... but i dont think so ^^ Sry for my late reply :D

Back
Top Bottom