Questions & Answers - Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founder
Why do you require me to upload my photos/images to your photo gallery if I want to post them here?

We need our members to use the gallery because it's the only way we can ensure the presentation of content on our site. When offsite photos are used they can be deleted, moved, URL's changed, or other things outside done to them by the 3rd party host or member - outside of our control. This results in dead link's, red x's, photos of non-uniform size, and other artifacts such as malicious code. We do know that using our gallery may be a little more work for our members, but it keeps the forum in better shape for viewing and we retain the professional look we are aiming for, for many years to come.

We also need to make sure that all off-topic photos are uploaded only to the off-topic gallery. The reason is that this helps up keep our Cannabis-only galleries uncluttered and organized.

Why was my photo deleted?

Photos get deleted for a variety of reasons, the main one being that they violated one or more of our guidelines. Here are some examples of what we don't allow to be uploaded or posted on this website: Photos/images containing anything alcohol, tobacco, or hard drug related; simply put, we don't allow posts pertaining to these topics, and we don't allow photos or images of them either. Photos/images that have another watermark or advertisement that takes the focus away from the subject of the photo/image are also not allowed, as well as photos/images that are full on advertisements; only our paid Sponsors are allowed to advertise their products and/or companies. Any photos/images depicting a graphic or inappropriate scene; in a world where negativity is considered the norm, we're trying to bring the focus back to positivity, and anything that could be viewed as "offensive" to another member is not what we consider positive. Photos/images containing anyone looking even remotely close to being a minor will be deleted. And lastly, photos/images of cartoons; from our experience, this topic tends to draw underage members to the site and federal LEO's have been known to use cartoons as a pretext for the targeting of legitimate adults-only websites such as ours. Over the years we've recognized and documented the types of things that empirically have tended to attract minors. These are things like video game threads, comic, toys, etc. This is the only reason we don't allow these types of posts and photos.

re: Questions & Answers - Photos

Why can't I delete my own photos?

When a member uploads a photo, it's location is assigned a URL by our photo gallery. Once integrated, the uploader or any other member may link to that photo's address so as to embed the picture in a post or thread.

When a photo is moved or deleted a broken link occurs. This results in a bad address, missing link, or red x where the photo should be. We work very hard to ensure the forums are free from these and other similar untidy artifacts. Further, and unfortunately our software doesn't have a "where used" feature so even if we had to, we couldn't back trace a deletion and edit all the places where links had been created.

Should we allow members to delete photos en masse, we'd be creating large numbers of these broken link events throughout the forum. We have had a fair number of people make this same request over the years, which is why we try to be clear about our photo policy in our Posting Guidelines.

Are there any exceptions to your Cannabis and Hemp only photographs guideline?

We do have a couple of exceptions. We allow photographs of pets, as they are important to many members for therapy companions, security & mental healing. Cannabis & Hemp are our focus, therefore excessive photos and/or threads dedicated to pets will be moved to off-topic. Discussions of using Cannabis for healing pets, should be posted in the dedicated forum, Medical Marijuana For Pets.

In addition, since chemical giants Monsanto, Dupont, Bayer, Syngenta & others have been actively taking over our natural food supply in the US, we also allow photos of non Cannabis plants & miscellaneous pests that may be connected to overall gardening. More of us activists are standing up to fight back and grow our own food as well as our own medicine, so it fits well with our Mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom