Questions & Answers - Negative Energy, Inappropriate Screen Names & Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founder
Why do I have to change my name?

As we stated at the end of that last question, negativity has become a normal everyday occurrence in the lives of the majority of the human race. So normal, that it isn't even noticed as negative energy and is even praised as being a "good" thing, either through good ratings, higher sales, or more fans. We're trying to bring the focus back to the truly positive aspects of life, such as helping others through the sharing of knowledge, spreading stories of positivity, and creating a place where people can go to receive hope for the future. Things like satan or the triple 6 symbol are not what we consider positive and therefore we don't want to have them posted all over the forums, whether they're in a screen name or a discussion that someone has started. This also goes for graphic or negative photos/images and/or videos.

Questions and Answers - Negative Energy, Inappropriate Screen Names & Posts

Why can't I talk about my favorite cartoon and/or video/computer game?

One of our top two issues in the mod department is trying to keep children off the site. We screen posts, delete any mention of underage use, and we find and ban kids every day. Over the years we've recognized and documented the types of things that empirically have tended to attract minors. These are things like video game threads, comic, toys, etc. This is the only reason we don't allow these types of posts and photos. It's important to the mission that we don't get any governmental attention over the issue of having minors on the site. It's bad for the kids and it stigmatizes our cause - right when we're making some excellent progress. None of us want to give the prohibitionists any ammunition now that we've debunked all their arguments and reefer madness.

Questions and Answers - Negative Energy, Inappropriate Screen Names & Posts

Why can't I post about "Reefer Madness" and other myths/urban legends about Cannabis?

We try to keep the board clear of posts that might show Cannabis use in a negative light, and 420 Magazine does not wish to perpetuate the myths collectively known as Reefer Madness. These fallacious arguments and other dishonest tactics have been used for decades to scare the public and avoid truthfully debating the benefits of Cannabis. We recognize that budding young activists sometimes need to touch on these topics in order to learn to debunk propaganda with facts, so we respectfully request that appropriate context always be provided when discussing this topic. Please do not dignify the prohibitionist's argument by buying in to the negativity, posting videos, or linking to these types of sites. 420 Magazine is devoted to spreading accurate and positive information - hoping that Cannabis will soon become legal.

re: Questions & Answers - Negative Energy, Inappropriate Screen Names & Posts

What happens if I choose to attack 420 Magazine’s site, staff, members, and/or sponsors alike, or join anti-420 Magazine groups?

You will be immediately banned from participating at 420 Magazine. There is no room nor time available to deal with this type of negative energy. This would include using your posting privileges to recruit for a competitive Cannabis site.

re: Questions & Answers - Negative Energy, Inappropriate Screen Names & Posts

I have decided to cancel my membership at 420 Magazine, why can’t I get my profile or posts deleted?

Since the content belongs to 420 Magazine and we want the members to benefit from all of the data posted and to eliminate public discussion of members who are no longer here, we will change the user name and send the information to our archives in order to preserve the data. Additionally, removing all of a member's posts would cause every thread they've ever posted in to become fragmented and discontinuous for our readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom