Questions & Answers - Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founder
Why am I not allowed to post a link to a non-sponsored seed bank?

We only allow links to sponsored seed banks because we do not want to allow a platform for companies who choose not to support this website. Doing so is not fair to the sponsors who enable us to operate. Plus the fact that many unethical businesses have been known to post false complaints in numerous forums in efforts to ruin their competitor's reputation and affect their sales.

Questions and Answers - Links

What about posting links to or promoting other Cannabis related communities/forums?

We work very hard to make this the best source of information for everyone and it is not fair to us if you promote other similar communities here. We believe this is the definitive site on cannabis-related matters. Occasionally, employees from other communities, in search of expanding their membership base, sign up here as shills (i.e. astroturfing). Their aim being to solicit members. While we have no reason to assume that this would be your intention, to ensure fairness and consistency we apply our rules to all members uniformly.

Why am I not allowed to promote a company or website that isn't one of your paid sponsors?

420 Magazine is a free site and we exist solely due to the support of our Sponsors and the generosity of our members who make Voluntary Donations. It wouldn't be very fair to them if we were to give someone for free the privileges that they pay for. In addition to this, we have a policy of disallowing the repeated naming of non-sponsors when it appears the intent could be to skirt our advertising policies.

Why can’t I provide a link to an eBay/Amazon/Google item?

We don't allow links to eBay/Amazon/Google because they expire, leaving us with dead links and an untidy forum.

Why can't I, as a legal Caregiver or Co-Op, post links or periodic updates/offers?

While we do allow Collectives and Co-ops to post menus along with their name, address, and phone number, we ask that promotion not be taken any further than this. For example, please don't suggest that people visit your website, or provide direct links; these privileges are reserved only for paying sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom