New Website Features & Content

Founder
We are in the process of re-designing the website and would like to hear from our members as to what you think should be included in the new website.

Please don't hold back, give us all the feedback and advice you can, helping us to make this the best Cannabis website on the internet.

We will soon be joining the ranks of modern websites in a very short time and truly appreciate your patience for so long with our old design.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time, energy and feedback.

I wish that when writing articles; the use of the words Hemp, Cannabis and Marijuanna would be used in their correct format. Hemp should only be used when writing about the Industrial uses of the plant. Cannabis should only be used when writing about the Medicinal uses of this Plant. Marijuanna should only be used when writing on the Recreational use or any of the illegal uses; but not when law enforcement is involved with dispensary's or farming issues. I think this would help to legalize the plant across the board. We know Hemp has no THC, therefore it should not be listed with any Class of drugs. The AMA now admits that Cannabis does have a legitimate medical use so Congress should list it as Class II.

You do know that Cannabis is the name of the plant, and Marijuana is a Mexican slang term used to refer to Cannabis right? Changing the name of something because of the way it is used will just cause more confusion.

You missed my point.... put another way .....Marijuanna stands for all the reefer madness mentality, racial prejudices etc. and doesn't deserve to be used when talking about the honorable uses of Cannabis: Hemp 'industrial' or ' Cannabis 'medicinal'. Until it is legal marijuanna should only be used to describe the activites that are illegal. Once made legal, like with some words used in public or in print are done away with. I think Cannabis should be the word used when describing the medicinal or recreational uses. Basically when Headlines contain 'Hemp' then the reader knows where the article is going and likewise with 'Cannabis' or 'Marijuanna'.

How bout having someone who can explain how things actually work on here? I have no idea how to do some of the things, Like Replying to something directed at me. :roorrip:

The articles you see posted in the news department are not written by 420 Magazine staff. I would not feel comfortable changing the work of the journalists whose articles we use. I'm assuming your talking about the news because of your use of the word articles. In most cases the authors can be found by using the information at the bottom of each news post and you could enlighten the authors if you feel so inclined.

I do agree with the word usage in posts and on a personal level, except I would say drop marijuana completely in favor of Cannabis. Legal or illegal its still Cannabis.

I wish that when writing articles; the use of the words Hemp, Cannabis and Marijuanna would be used in their correct format. Hemp should only be used when writing about the Industrial uses of the plant. Cannabis should only be used when writing about the Medicinal uses of this Plant. Marijuanna should only be used when writing on the Recreational use or any of the illegal uses; but not when law enforcement is involved with dispensary's or farming issues. I think this would help to legalize the plant across the board. We know Hemp has no THC, therefore it should not be listed with any Class of drugs. The AMA now admits that Cannabis does have a legitimate medical use so Congress should list it as Class II.

In many of the news articles, the location being discussed is usually buried somewhere in the article. Sometimes, it's not even obvious, and I keep wondering where is this place? This makes no sense, since your audience is world-wide.

For example this is typical of what I'm talking about (one of the news articles on the front page):

"The owners of the sole storefront-style medical marijuana operation in unincorporated Tehama County have agreed give up their lease or convert the property to something non-marijuana related."

I have no idea WTF Tehama County is, but if you would prepend the source paper or location it might be more interesting to read. Something like "Sacremento, CA - The owners of the sole..."

Are we going to use some server compression for the next site like I mentioned here: Forum Speed and Server Side Compression? Soniq said that y'all were looking into it.

I don't care much about much else, as long as I have my news section and the grower forums. :grinjoint:

In many of the news articles, the location being discussed is usually buried somewhere in the article. Sometimes, it's not even obvious, and I keep wondering where is this place? This makes no sense, since your audience is world-wide.

For example this is typical of what I'm talking about (one of the news articles on the front page):

"The owners of the sole storefront-style medical marijuana operation in unincorporated Tehama County have agreed give up their lease or convert the property to something non-marijuana related."

I have no idea WTF Tehama County is, but if you would prepend the source paper or location it might be more interesting to read. Something like "Sacremento, CA - The owners of the sole..."

^And this. Sometimes I don't even know in what state or country the article is talking about.

When ever i'm online and reading an article and I get confused I just open up a second browser page and Google the item .....referencing 'tehama county'

Thanx guys,,This mags a godsend. :roorrip:

please tell us more of what you would like to see in our new site design...

have you seen other features at other sites that you wish were here?

without naming the site, please explain the feature.

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom