Thread: Marc Emery: Timeline of a Cannabis Warrior

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marc Emery: Timeline of a Cannabis Warrior

lol interesting read I am impressed.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Marc Emery: Timeline of a Cannabis Warrior

What really got Marc in trouble with the US drug enforcement industry was the 5000 a plate dinner he attended with guests to listen to,and harass then drug scar William Waters.They made a real pest of themselves and,as Waters hasn't a leg to stand on when it comes down to science and real issues.Marc and friends made them(Waters and friends)look like fools.Waters had only one way to get back and being the megalomaniac he is,get back he must.So Marc asks for a transfer to serve his time in Canada.He is sent to Georgia.I know Waters is chuckling to himself thinking boy did I show him.Marc will probably do every minute of his five year sentence.He will do it well and try to make friends while he's there.I sent along a contribution to his defence fund when he was trying for the transfer.I knew it was a lost cause but what the hell?He would have done the same for me.We don't know each other.We only share a contempt for drug laws and the way they are applied.That's always been good enough for me.
    MadMike liked this post

Nug of the Month August 2013 & June 2014 Member of the Month October 2013 Spimp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Free at last.
    Antics, Richard Richardson liked this post

Spimp's Newest Grow; Bubba Kush 150w HPS. Current Run
    Spimps 2nd run, NLxBB Auto. Micro CFL's Completed!!
    First grow, ghetto micro style. Completed!!!
    Spimp's Badly Good Art
    420 CONTESTS LOTS OF PICS
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wonder where we can find updates on Marc's status. I would expect still 2 more weeks of red tape, but it'd be cool to be able to follow the story more closely. It's not the second coming, but he IS the prince.
    Spimp, Richard Richardson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is he out yet? He was supposed to arrive a couple days ago and I didn't hear about it.... I hope US prison wasn't too rough on him...
    Spimp, Richard Richardson liked this post

Nug of the Month August 2013 & June 2014 Member of the Month October 2013 Spimp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He is not home yet. He has been released from prison but is in a private deportation facility waiting to return later this month.
    The process to return him to his home is frustrating and full of governmental paper work. Any time two countries are involved, the process is painfully slow.

But he is not incarcerated and hopefully will be home soon.
    Richard Richardson liked this post

Spimp's Badly Good Art

Post Thanks / Like

What a situation, free to go, but not allowed out! What a system. He should have never been there to begin with. Oh well, on to bigger brighter and more legal things. I am also assuming he is going to try to sue the sht out of the US Govt.
    Spimp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is my understanding he is much more upset with the Canadian Government. Here is a quote--

"My own government betrayed me and I'm going to wreak an appropriate amount of political revenge when I get home and campaign against the Conservative government," Emery said.
    Richard Richardson, J189RFC, Grow jr liked this post

Spimp's Badly Good Art

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to wreaking havoc on the evil conservatives? Haven't heard anything about him since he was released. Did he give up?
    What happens to stories of making leagalization an election issue?
    Current grow Hi Brix LED perpetual grow:
    https://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...l-harvest.html

All of my posts are purely fictitious, made up for entertainment purposes only. All pictures were found on the Internet newsgroups. In no way does this constitute an admission of illegal activity..

Post Thanks / Like

Great piece I look forward to a legal market. I hope you are doing ok Marc I too was in Federal prison and I know that they probably have you on a thing called " Diesel Therapy " it when they keep busing you around from prison to prison.

Post Thanks / Like

I pled guilty to 10-life and got 14.5. Did 6 and had 8.5 years supervised release.

Emery was selling F2s as F1, and many in the community were less than happy with him.

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Look for the guy that's had a bad headache since 1989 - that's me.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimihendrix58 View Post
    Emery was selling F2s as F1, and many in the community were less than happy with him.
    When I read about that some years back, I kind of shook my head, and thought it was a shame that the global cannabis seed industry is unregulated.

When I later read that he threatened to narc on a customer (to the customer's local LEO) who was complaining about merchandise, I began to wonder.

And then I stumbled upon this one day:
    Marc Emery Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Girls – Weedly News

It bothers me that Emory has been compared to Ben Dronkers (of Sensi Seeds, one of the forum's sponsors). Last I heard, Ben never bought competitors F₁ seeds, grew them out, then sold the resulting F₂ "children" as if they were his own F₁s. I've never even heard a rumor of him threatening to narc out an unsatisfied customer (for that matter, there have been very few unsatisfied customers in the first place). And, AfaIK, Ben is only interested in adult women.

But Ben Dronkers has been arrested because of his cannabis activism. (But not once or even several times - he has been arrested over 80 times).

I've seen Emery referred to as the "Prince of Pot." I wonder if he gave himself that nickname, lol? If he is the Prince of Pot... then Arjan Roskam of Greenhouse Seeds really is the King of Cannabis .
    jimihendrix58 liked this post

Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see. -Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

If Nero was alive today, and a United States citizen, he'd be fiddling like mad. -Tortured Soul

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember this way back when. Followed it for a few years. I do agree that the USA over stepped their bounds with this. I really thought they were going overboard with it. Interesting about the dinner thing. Hard to walk the line and not step on toes. Early on they were shooting for the death penalty and using laws made for drug cartels. There are always consequences for our actions. While Mark should be commended for the good things he has done for the cannabis community. He knew the risks going in. 5 years while harsh is a hell of a lot less time then life or the death penalty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12