Members Locked Out Of Accounts - Expired Email Accounts

Founder
Some of you are experiencing an interruption of service by not being able to post threads, blogs & upload photos.

The problem may have to do with your email account not accepting mail and if so, the account has been reverted back to its original state before you validated the account in the beginning.

I'll do my best to explain why this was done and how you can resolve it, however do know that your account is perfectly intact and can be accessed by following the steps below.

If the email address you have on file no longer accepts mail, then all communications from us are bouncing back; including email notifications for thread/blog/pm replies, gallery subscriptions and newsletters.

When your email service provider's servers (ie: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) receive these emails, they get reported back to them saying we are spamming their servers to bogus accounts and then they block our domain.

This means everyone else at that service provider does not receive their email notifications and newsletters at all, which is obviously not fair to them.

This also affects our online senders rating, labeling all of our emails as spam, when we send mail to these expired email accounts. If all of our emails go to spam traps, then our mission and all efforts become worthless.

So our host made us develop a script to scan the database each week for these accounts that are no longer active and send them back to the "Users Awaiting Email Validation" usergroup, which requires a link to be clicked on, to validate the account again. This is the same exact process you went through when you first joined.

If you are able to access the email address on file, please re-activate the account to gain access. In some cases you may be able to re-register expired email addresses with your service provider, if nobody has taken it by now.

Use this link to change your email address, which will send you a new activation email to validate the account.

If you are able to access your email account however unable to understand these instructions, please send us an email from that account to support@420magazine.com, so we can send you another email link to validate the account again.

If you are unable to re-activate or re-register your email address on file, then we may not be able to give you access as it would violate our security guidelines in place to protect our members from law enforcement and/or ex-spouses.

To avoid this from happening in the future, please do not let the account expire, get full or block our emails or this will happen again in a week when our script searches for expired email addresses.

If you did this purposely to avoid email notifications, you can edit your settings here to turn them on or off for thread, blog & gallery subscriptions, as well as the newsletter.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

Phew, I almost locked-out me. I just switched to a new computer last month with a new mail app which wasn't set to delete old mail. I quickly ran out of email space on my ISP. I was like 5 emails away from locking me out before I was able to delete old email and set the new email app to delete retrieved email. I came so close to getting incoming 420 emails to bounce back.

Lesson for Cannabelle:
Avoid locking yourself out of your favorite place on the internet by making sure you don't run out of email storage space on your ISP.:laughtwo:

how do you run out of email storage space? I don't do anything to my email but delete what I have read. Am I missing something? Because I got locked out all day today.

how do you run out of email storage space? I don't do anything to my email but delete what I have read. Am I missing something? Because I got locked out all day today.

The email app on my new system was not set to auto delete retrieved email like the email app on my old system. I took it for granted that my retrieved emails were getting auto deleted. I had to manually delete old mail and set-up my email app to auto delete. I don't retrieve my email via a url. I use pop retrieval from an email app.

If you were locked-out of the forum, what it means is that someone who uses the same email service as you either ran out of email space or or dropped his email service. When 420 Magazine sends emails, newsletters, or subscription notifications to the person who ran out of email space or deactivated his email account, that email service begins bouncing back ALL incoming emails from 420 Magazine because your email server now has 420 Magazine on its spam filter. When the bounced emails reach 420 Magazine's server, it would lock out accounts attached to the bounced email.

Now, 420 Magazine is set-up to send accounts whose email bounced to a Users Awaiting Email Validation usergroup so you can easily reactivate your account again.

If this is still confusing you, just pat yourself on the back for finding your way back in the confusion!:high-five:

What's confusing is I use Gmail and don't understand who would be using the same email service in my network but me. Are you saying my ISP ran out of space? I use an email app on Windows 10 and empty it daily. What I ended up doing was switching my email address in the settings area where you change your password from Gmail to Outlook and it let me in. I still had access to my Gmail. I think it has to do with something other than a full email server. Will see if it happens again in a couple weeks.

The only accounts that were sent back to the Users Awaiting Email Validation usergroup, are the ones that bounced back to our servers and got us blacklisted for spamming their servers. If you are saying that you have full access to your gmail account and the gmail account is what you had registered here, then the programmer who wrote the script will investigate to see if there is any possibility that he made a mistake. It's highly likely, however we are all human after all. It could have something as simple as gmail's servers being busy at the time we tried and it bounced back with the same code it gives when an email address is expired. Then again, it could be because your inbox of your gmail account was full. There are so many possibilities, wish it was easier to track down specifically, as every has a different situation.

This all just took place today, so please be patient and watch this thread. Please give any feedback you feel is needed to help us all get through this quick and painlessly as possible.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

My browser crashed today and I had to log back in and it was fine for me. I just use the email account from here for mail from here.

Techemail.com

L8r

I went into my settings on here and changed the email address back to my gmail today.

It sent me an email verification and I clicked on the link and now everything is the way it was :passitleft:

If it does it again, I know now that I can go into the settings and change the email address there to trigger the email verification link. Then I can switch the email back after I get in. :smokin:

If you are saying that you have full access to your gmail account and the gmail account is what you had registered here, then the programmer who wrote the script will investigate to see if there is any possibility that he made a mistake.

Yes, I had full access to my gmail account. I use it daily because it's linked to other accounts, like youtube. I'm not a busy man(retired) so I don't get a ton of emails that would be filling up my inbox, lol.

Good luck and i would re-check the script.

Our programmer and systems administrator are investigating the issue, thanks for working with us brother. :Namaste:

Yes, I had full access to my gmail account. I use it daily because it's linked to other accounts, like youtube. I'm not a busy man(retired) so I don't get a ton of emails that would be filling up my inbox, lol.

Good luck and i would re-check the script.

We've been investigating everyone's email complaints all night and morning. So far, out of the 19,000 expired accounts of 150,000 that we moved to the Users Awaiting Email Validation usergroup yesterday, 1900 of them have been found to be questionable and are being reverted back to the Registered usergroup to see if that solves the problem with those of you claiming to have no blockage or expiration of email. At this point we are unsure if the problem started with our system admin compiling the list to be moved for our programmer or the service providers themselves sending us incorrect bounceback codes. Regardless we're all on top of it and will keep working diligently until the last account has been restored.

Please accept our apology while we work through this mess, however please place blame on the spambots and spammers who force us to get tighter on regulations to avoid being blocked by all service providers. :thanks:

Some of you are experiencing an interruption of service by not being able to post threads, blogs & upload photos.

The problem may have to do with your email account not accepting mail and if so, the account has been reverted back to its original state before you validated the account in the beginning.

I'll do my best to explain why this was done and how you can resolve it, however do know that your account is perfectly intact and can be accessed by following the steps below.

If the email address you have on file no longer accepts mail, then all communications from us are bouncing back; including email notifications for thread/blog/pm replies, gallery subscriptions and newsletters.

When your email service provider's servers (ie: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) receive these emails, they get reported back to them saying we are spamming their servers to bogus accounts and then they block our domain.

This means everyone else at that service provider does not receive their email notifications and newsletters at all, which is obviously not fair to them.

This also affects our online senders rating, labeling all of our emails as spam, when we send mail to these expired email accounts. If all of our emails go to spam traps, then our mission and all efforts become worthless.

So our host made us develop a script to scan the database each week for these accounts that are no longer active and send them back to the "Users Awaiting Email Validation" usergroup, which requires a link to be clicked on, to validate the account again. This is the same exact process you went through when you first joined.

If you are able to access the email address on file, please re-activate the account to gain access. In some cases you may be able to re-register expired email addresses with your service provider, if nobody has taken it by now.

Use this link to change your email address, which will send you a new activation email to validate the account.

If you are able to access your email account however unable to understand these instructions, please send us an email from that account to support@420magazine.com, so we can send you another email link to validate the account again.

If you are unable to re-activate or re-register your email address on file, then we may not be able to give you access as it would violate our security guidelines in place to protect our members from law enforcement and/or ex-spouses.

To avoid this from happening in the future, please do not let the account expire, get full or block our emails or this will happen again in a week when our script searches for expired email addresses.

If you did this purposely to avoid email notifications, you can edit your settings here to turn them on or off for thread, blog & gallery subscriptions, as well as the newsletter.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

Think you can answer this? I created a gmail account for the express purpose of created a 420 account. I haven't used it since. Got worried when I saw this thread and tried to sign in. I can't get in. The backup email for the gmail account was a temporary one so can't try to go through that route to retrieve account.

So let's assume that email account is history.

In subscriptions I have my notifications set to appear in user control panel only. So in theory I shouldn't be getting emails sent to that address whether it is expired or not. I'll try to triple check all the settings.

Think I'll be ok and not have to start again as Weaselcracker2 ?

If so, could this be a good workaround/option for those who (apparently) never use their email accounts much or maintain them?
I could be missing something- I usually am.
Thanks very much as always to the admins for your time.

If you can post here, then your account is fine.

You can unsubscribe from the newsletter and all email notifications for threads, blogs and gallery in your User CP. :thanks:

Think you can answer this? I created a gmail account for the express purpose of created a 420 account. I haven't used it since. Got worried when I saw this thread and tried to sign in. I can't get in. The backup email for the gmail account was a temporary one so can't try to go through that route to retrieve account.

So let's assume that email account is history.

In subscriptions I have my notifications set to appear in user control panel only. So in theory I shouldn't be getting emails sent to that address whether it is expired or not. I'll try to triple check all the settings.

Think I'll be ok and not have to start again as Weaselcracker2 ?

If so, could this be a good workaround/option for those who (apparently) never use their email accounts much or maintain them?
I could be missing something- I usually am.
Thanks very much as always to the admins for your time.

Ok cool. Yes- my 420 account is fine.
And it sounds like- even though my gmail account appears to be disabled- the fact that I had changed to the settings of all subscriptions to Not give email notifications has saved me. At least so far....I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread but WTF that's normal- I'll try to take good care of that thread.

Man, this problem is a real PITA eh. Maybe they are deliberately blocking pot and drug sites like the control freaks they are.

Play safe my friends!

L8r

As stated in the last thread you posted the exact same thing...

If you use fake email addresses or close them after registering, your account will do the same thing again next week when our FIXED script gets rid of the bogus email addresses again. Unfortunately this time, out of 150,000 accounts, 19,000 were flagged as expired, however 2100 of those 19000 were possible mistakes and are being reverted back to their normal status once our programmer returns from another job in a couple of hours. We're doing everything in our power to stop this from happening again, however if you teach people to use fake emails, then you are teaching them to have this happen all over again. :thanks:

]

What are you talking about, your account is fine, are you not posting in this thread right now talking to me? :hmmmm:

this isn't my account. I created this one because I couldn't get email's from 420 so I could figure out how to get back into my other account. the name is iwltfum

- re-posting this here to keep it in the relevant area in the slim hope it helps somebody.

Did you also unsubscribe from the newsletter, pm and blog email notifications as well?

I think I have.
I- went to Settings- General Settings and went through all possible options and unchecked any email notifications
- went to Blog at the bottoms of the list on left side of Settings screen, and went through that area as well.

Originally Posted by 420
Again, as stated in the other thread, if your account is fine then it could have been a fluke that is being reversed in a few hours. This mess has cost us a plethora of time and energy for all is us.

I really appreciate the work you guys do and I'm always reluctant to ask questions or cause you more work. I was mainly posting about this in the hopes that it is a possible solution for some members (as well as myself!).
I have not experienced any problem so far- so I know that my 420 account is ok. However- given that I appear to have lost the email address which I used to sign up with- I suppose it will only take one email sent from 420 to start the chain of events which will disable my 420 account. I would rather that that not happen.

Weaselcracker, your account is fine now, correct?

iwltfum, did you not receive the email I sent you at your gmail account?

I have sent an email to re-activate the account, please click the link to validate the account.

If you block emails or shut the email account down again, same thing will happen in a week when the script runs again.

Back
Top Bottom