Information For All 420 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
As a 420 user, this is to let you know that there is now a better alternative. Our free 420 Magazine app is now available. You can find it for Android in the Google Store and for iOS in the Apple Store.

With our free mobile app, you'll be able to browse the site, access all the forum features and of course easily upload photographs. Most importantly, the photos will reside on our server instead of 420, so when they delete photos, yours will be safe.

We've been testing the app for a few weeks now, and we know it will make your browsing and posting an easy, seamless and fun experience. Many have said that our free mobile app is a lot faster than 420 and does not crash like their app does, yet another incentive to switch.

We've also created mobile app support threads if you have any questions or problems.

Support For 420 Magazine App For Android
Support For 420 Magazine App For iOS

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy,

Your 420 Magazine Moderators

:Namaste:

With our free mobile app, you'll be able to browse the site, access all the forum features and of course easily upload photographs. Most importantly, the photos will reside on our server instead of 420, so when they delete photos, yours will be safe.

Speaking of safety, if I remember correctly, you have the forum set up so that identifying information is stripped from images when they are uploaded, right? And they are stored on a server that is NOT in the United States (because the forum as a whole isn't there). My guess is that 420 probably does neither of these things, because the safety, security, and anonymity of cannabis growers and/or activists probably is not priority number one with them (like it is here). Such considerations would, I'd guess, be especially important when one's computer is a cell phone - since they are generally linked to their owner's personal identity for billing/payment purposes, lol.

It is good to read that you have your own cell phone app. I hope everyone switches to it!

Speaking of safety, if I remember correctly, you have the forum set up so that identifying information is stripped from images when they are uploaded, right? And they are stored on a server that is NOT in the United States (because the forum as a whole isn't there).

You are indeed correct. Member security is a priority for us. :thumb:

The 420 Magazine and 420 apps are both currently non-operational. The entire website is now fully mobile-friendly and responsive, if accessed through a browser. We recommend Google Chrome, as it tends to work the best out of all browsers available. The reason we were forced to disable the mobile apps for now, is due to the fact that 420 began forcing our member photo uploads to their server without any notice or permission whatsoever, instead of ours. Not only did this cause empty posts on our website when they deleted them, it was also not secure for our members. Our own software strips all the exif location data from photos, and we host on secure servers in Canada. Our members' security is our primary responsibility. When we inquired to 420, they shut off our mobile uploads altogether. When we inquired again, they told us we could upload photos as attachments, which is 20 year old technology and runs risk of embedding viruses and trojans. When we inquired about that, they banned us from their support forums and said if we didn't like it, we could cancel our account. For these reasons, we have decided to not work with them anymore, while we search for a new developer to create an app for us, under our own conditions and control.

This is our new photo tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom