Mobile App: Photo Uploading Issue & Website Upgrades

Founder
As many of you are aware, the photo uploads from our mobile app stopped working about a week ago. This was an unauthorized act from the developer, without any notice whatsoever and surely, without our consent. The only option they have given us for now is to use attachments, which not only are a hotbed for viruses and trojans, but it's 20 year old technology. So instead of moving backwards, we are moving full speed ahead with our forum and gallery software replacement, which will be 420% mobile friendly, without being forced to use an app. This will be very helpful to everyone, because we will no longer be limited to the forums, we'll all be able to access the full website in all of its glory.

Meanwhile, if you are able to access the website from a computer, tablet or smartphone with a browser like Google Chrome, you can still access all features. This issue is only limited to our mobile app.

Saturday morning (Feb 17), we will be taking the forums offline for a full day to complete this mission. Once the site is back up, the forums and gallery will be brand new, modern technology that will blow your trichomes off. Lots of new, cool and exciting features coming, along with shedding the 420 different bugs we've been plagued with in this old software. Please accept our apology for taking this long to get this done, however as you might expect, upgrading a mammoth website like this is like remodeling a castle from 1420 vs building a brand new structure in 2018. For these reasons, we ask that you practice your patience, and we thank you with the deepest gratitude for your understanding, love and support.

We were the very first cannabis community online at the birth of the internet in 1993, and until recently were always the biggest and best. With the success of our 25 year long efforts changing these laws however, there has been an explosion of entrepreneurs doing the same thing we do. So the time has come for us to rise up to the challenge and do our very best, to reclaim that status once again.

Instead of complaining about what's wrong, how about we use this opportunity to think optimistically by discussing things that we want to go right here in the future. This new software has a plethora of sweet additions to add, we will be very bug free and feature rich in a short time. This is going to be so much fun for us all, after the learning curve of course. :cheer:

Re: Mobile App: Photo Uploading Issue & Website Upgrades

Slightly confused and would like some clarity, so the app will basically be useless after the upgrade or did i read that wrong? ����

That is correct, until we find a new app developer who can do as we wish, instead of changing major features without notice and causing such a riot. They stopped communicating with us on bug reports months ago and even banned us from their support forums, because we were constantly trying to get answers to the bug reports you all have made. The entire company is in China and they simply don't care about us, so that obviously doesn't work for us moving forward.

The website will not need an app anymore, as it will be 420% mobile friendly from a browser on your smartphone. :thumb:

Oh no. I heard learning curve.... No, I don't care. I'm STOKED!!! Been waiting for the big unveiling so it will be really neat to see it.

Since you mentioned suggestions and making things better ., will we have a way to see the cool 420 :ganjamon: on the app? And not have to look up what :rofl: means. Cause I medicate and forget.

Thanks and can't wait to see the new 420 app running :circle-of-love: :420:

Oh no. I heard learning curve.... No, I don't care. I'm STOKED!!! Been waiting for the big unveiling so it will be really neat to see it.

Since you mentioned suggestions and making things better ., will we have a way to see the cool 420 :ganjamon: on the app? And not have to look up what :rofl: means. Cause I medicate and forget.

Thanks and can't wait to see the new 420 app running :circle-of-love: :420:

The "smilies" we currently use on the site will be replaced with a whole new, modern set of "emojis". I would imagine we can upload these 420 related smilies to the new system and have them generate as emojis, we shall see. Added to the list, thank you for the reminder and support brother. :high-five:

I assume the new site will strip exif info from uploaded pics?
I think that's the idea. To wipe the meta data the same way the website does....

Mobile App: Photo Uploading Issue & Website Upgrades

An entire day? .☹️ I'm not even having issues . hopefully the change is for the best.

Not a fan of mobile browser forums so we will see.

I figure as much, but I have forgot to turn off gps on my camera in the past. LOL
I have too. It's turned off now.... But a any feds watching .. We voted; if you can't respect that then .. Alaskans stand by our personal liberties and so should the rest of you... washington don't forget you work for us(a)!!!!!

I'm just concerned because web view of anything where I live takes like 10 minutes to load a single page and the app snaps right through the pages for me. So my app will be useless or will I be able to use it to view posts and then just use web browser to upload? I'm worried the rooster will be obsolete :-( I'll be 400 pages behind :-(

I have too. It's turned off now.... But a any feds watching .. We voted; if you can't respect that then .. Alaskans stand by our personal liberties and so should the rest of you... washington don't forget you work for us(a)!!!!!

Well I kind of compare it to someone announcing on social media they are going out of town and they left all their cash in the house then post their address.

I’m just concerned because web view of anything where I live takes like 10 minutes to load a single page and the app snaps right through the pages for me. So my app will be useless or will I be able to use it to view posts and then just use web browser to upload? I’m worried the rooster will be obsolete :-( I’ll be 400 pages behind :-(

If this is the case for you, it could be for others as well. Rest assured we want EVERYONE to have quick and easy access to support, learning and socializing here. Let's take one step at a time and see how it goes. If we need an app, we'll build or acquire one. However the forum software we are upgrading to is lightning fast, on a completely different level we don't even fully yet understand. So let's give it a chance and patiently communicate with each other, to build the best experience we can.

January 1st we updated the header, footer and home page, which took us 2 months to tweak and we're still not even close to being finished. So many new sections are on the way, as we begin focusing our time and energy on building the rest of the website. Since forums are becoming a thing of the past, it's only logical that we start expanding the other areas, while of course always retaining our forums for support and sharing. The difference you will see unfolding over the next few months, will be less links to the forums from the header, and more links to other areas of the actual website. We are also finally connecting the forums login with the home page software login, so everyone can comment on articles on the home page as well. You can already do that now by logging in through your social networking account like Facebook/Disqus, however it's still not connected with your forum account, YET. Something that has been driving me crazy for a decade, we are finally going to close that rabbit hole, once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom