WV Needs legalization

bubbalee30003

The other day I contacted my US senator about a legalization Bill here is his response.

Dear Mr. *******

Thank you for contacting me and sharing your thoughts about S. 359, the Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2013. Hearing from West Virginians is very important to me, and I appreciate your input on this issue.

S. 359 would legalize the growing and processing of industrial hemp. This bill defines industrial hemp as the plant Cannabis sativa L with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration (THC) content of less than 0.3% by dry weight.

S. 359 was introduced by Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) on February 14, 2013 and referred to the Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Please know that I will keep your thoughts in mind should this legislation come before the full Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for taking the time to add your voice to this important discussion. If I may be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

With warmest regards,

Joe Manchin III
Unites States Senator

To receive updates on Congress, please sign up to receive regular e-Newsletters from my office.

Back
Top Bottom