Do you think Oregon has a chance?

provoken

I would like to think that MJ would become legal here in Oregon but majority of the voters voted against it in 2011. Now in less than a month Oregonians can vote to legalize it this fall. Do you think they have a chance? Do you think it might get passed?

I would like to assume so because the legal age would be 21 if it becomes legal, in 2011 it was 18. So maybe it might pass but then again who knows right? I would assume most people will believe the propaganda on tv.

Just last week this guy on the bus smelled like weed really strong. This lady called 911 because he smelled like weed and she was telling 911 operators that she didn't want it around her children and that she felt unsafe with a pot smoker on the bus because it would be a bad influence on her 2 and 5 year old kids. This lady almost looked scared for her life. I mean come on its not like the guy is smoking it in front of them on the bus... You could tell she believes the propaganda that pot creates holes in the brain or makes you rage.

What are your thoughts. Could it be legalized here?

I've looked over the majority of the details of this new Oregon initiative, and I feel very positive about its chances. I do realize that there are very conservative parts of Oregon, but I still think this new vote can pass. If it doesn't somehow, though, it will be representative of how behind the times folks in that state are... aside from cities like Portland, obviously.

Fear = Control

Just as that lady was acting borderline insane, that's the type of person the US government has relied on to keep Cannabis/Hemp illegal. And it's representative of how insane the entire prohibition movement has been. The times are changing, and people like 'The Bus Lady' are going to be out in the old, and in the cold. Her poor kids...

:yummy:

Yeah! Way to go, Oregon!

Looks like I'm going to have a very rare smoke for breakfast to celebrate! ;)

:bravo::thanks::goodjob::cheer::high-five::yahoo::thanks::welldone::clap::thumb::slide::adore::green_heart::allgood::woohoo:

I'm curious on what the definition of "public view" is as far as growing. Sounds like you can grow in your back yard as long as nobody can see it from the sidewalk. I don't consider the neighbors backyard deck to be public.... I hope I'm right!

Congratulations to Alaskans and Oregonians and those living in DC. I live in Florida and the Medical MJ Amendment fell short by 2% this last week. It required a 60% super majority rather than a simple majority. We actually won the majority of votes (58% to 42%). So for now at least you cannot walk along the beach in Florida enjoying a smoke, but you can walk in front of the Whitehouse and enjoy one. Provided you are discreet of course. In Florida we get to try again in 2 years. I have no doubt there will be major changes in many areas of the country by then and the chance of passage will be improved.

I'm curious on what the definition of "public view" is as far as growing. Sounds like you can grow in your back yard as long as nobody can see it from the sidewalk. I don't consider the neighbors backyard deck to be public.... I hope I'm right!

One wishes it were that simple. I'm not sure about where you're at but growing just about anywhere outdoors invites bad weather, bad bugs or other natural pests and bad neighbors. The "private" part of any grow is mainly for the plants, not the growers. As for your question, I think as long as you're discreet about it, the authorities will not want to make a big deal out of people growing in their backyards. I think you'd be more concerned with neighbors with sticky fingers stealing your plants when you're not looking.

Has anyone found a seemingly authoritative source of information on what exactly is legal under M91?
I've read the entire bill numerous times. I'm no lawyer, but the measure seems poorly written. There are several definitions near the beginning that are never used in the remaining text. On the other hand, there are several important terms left completely undefined.
Example: "usable marijuana". I know what I think it is, but what will the police measure?
How about seeds and seedlings? The OMMP defines mature and immature plants, but under M91 there are no definitions or distinctions. Does that technically mean I will be allowed 4 seeds?
If this has been discussed, I'm not finding it.

Back
Top Bottom