Former NFL Champion And Pro Cannabis Activist Marvin Washington Joins BudTrader.com

Ron Strider

SAN DIEGO, October 11, 2017 (Newswire.com) - BudTrader.com, the world’s largest online medical marijuana marketplace, announced today that former NFL defensive end and champion Marvin Washington has become an investor in the company. In addition to his investment, Washington has joined BudTrader’s Advisory Board, already consisting of former WeedMaps CTO Grant Koneke, Cannabis industry icon, Douglas Leighton, and Jim Skelton, former CEO of Ocean Pacific.

In a statement released this week, Washington had this to say: "I am excited to join the BudTrader team. I know what championship organizations look like and BudTrader is definitely a championship organization. BudTrader is not only the largest marketplace in the world for cannabis business, but also a place for the cannabis community to connect and share information. I’ve watched it grow, and I look forward to its continued growth as the cannabis space becomes a true industry."

During his 11 seasons in the NFL, Washington played for the New York Jets, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Denver Broncos, winning a championship with the Broncos in 1998. During his time in the NFL, Washington became passionate about cannabis as an alternative to pain management methods allowed by the league. It has been alleged that the league’s doctors rely on chemical pain killers too heavily when treating injured players, causing serious health and addiction issues which, cannabis advocates like Washington say, could be avoided if the NFL were to remove its restriction on cannabis for its players. The NFL currently suspends and heavily fines players who test positive for cannabis use.

For years, Washington has been an advocate for pro football players having the choice to use medical marijuana for pain management in lieu of more addictive opioids.

BudTrader.com is the largest online medical marijuana marketplace, currently receiving 8-10 million pageviews monthly. The site allows users to post ads for their cannabis products, services, jobs, real estate, and more, on a safe and legal platform. BudTrader has just surpassed its 1 millionth registered user, and is operating in the 29 states where marijuana is legal, as well as Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Canada.

Welcome to the 420 Press Release Forum, created as a service to our readers solely for the dissemination of cannabis and hemp industry related press releases.

It is important for us to state that all press release information published on 420Magazine.com is ONLY based on what companies and individuals (i.e. third parties not associated with 420 Magazine) publish themselves and doesn’t involve any 420 Magazine’s editorial opinion or review. 420 Magazine takes no responsibility for and disclaims the information available in form of press releases across our website.

Some press releases may be confusing at first reading without additional explanation. In such case you should contact the press release author, either the company or the individual listed as the contact on the press release itself, with any additional questions regarding the information presented on their press release.

420 Magazine has zero tolerance towards objectionable and controversial PR materials published on its website. Any PR material found to be involved into a dispute, in one way or another, and is having one or more complaints received at 420 Magazine, against it supported with enough evidences that clearly indicate, in one way or another, it is harmful, even in a remote way, to the interest of 3rd parties is ground for taking the respective press release permanently down, without prior notice.

Back
Top Bottom