420Science USB Scope?

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Greetings -

I was curious if anyone had tried the USB scope from 420 Science? Looks MUCH cheaper than trying find a macro attachment for a digicam. Thanx....

Re: Q: 420Science USB scope?

If it's the one I think you mean it's the same as the one at Radio Shack for twice the price cause it says 420 on the side ! :peace:

Yeah, it's a little different. But then again the radio shack near me doesn't have ANY hand held microscopes. So i bought one from four twenty science. It works great, batteries last forever, the company is a real pleasure and they threw in tons of freebies when i ordered.

Very satisfied. But yes you can get a very similar one at some Radioshacks for about 13$ or so.

Looks like a good scop with good resolution. I have one of the Intel USB microscopes but it has poor resolution.

Checking out the Carson brand scopes now.. anyone bought the orb? Happy with it?

Really don't wish to spend over 100 bucks for a toy... but prices seem to be from 40 to 2000... crazy.. I know of course that I dont need the 2000$ type.. but does the lower end Carson Orb work well enough for home use?

Or should I try the Zpix Carson MM-740 zPix 200 1.3 Digital Microscope : Carson Microscopes | RadioShack.com

I got mine from here, Veho Website - Products, I got the 200x one but they do a 400x also, I think its perfect for lookin at trichs, tho when it breaks I will go for the 400x...i dont think they are so expensive...video function can double as security camera which i think is pretty cool
:peacetwo:bp
Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

I just received my 420 microscope and I can't see that it works at all. I followed the instructions that are on the box. I don't see any light when I look through the eyepiece. I've tried it with the zoom at 60 and tried focusing it, nothing. Then set it at 100, adjusted the focus and still nothing. Can anyone tell me if when the light is on if you can see it?, as I can't see any light. At this point I am disappointed, but I may be doing something wrong. Panicked since I'm real close to harvest.

I just received my 420 microscope and I can't see that it works at all. I followed the instructions that are on the box. I don't see any light when I look through the eyepiece. I've tried it with the zoom at 60 and tried focusing it, nothing. Then set it at 100, adjusted the focus and still nothing. Can anyone tell me if when the light is on if you can see it?, as I can't see any light. At this point I am disappointed, but I may be doing something wrong. Panicked since I'm real close to harvest.

Yes, you can see the light when you turn it on. It's pretty obvious, so my guess is something is wrong with yours.

Back
Top Bottom