Cosmic Grinder and Sharpstone Press

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Hey fellow cannabis users -

I picked up a Cosmic grinder and was given a Sharpstone press as a "freebie". For over 25 yrs, I used my fingers, and then read about and hence started to think about getting one. A bit a research led me to Cosmic as a slightly cheaper, but similar quality grinder to a Space Case. I got the "large" 4 piece unit - kief tray/screen/cutting tray/lid w/magnet. The screen is pretty durable, and it came with a bass guitar style pick to scrape the kief out. The grind seems to be just about perfect for joints, bongs, or my volcano - plus I no longer loose all that kief on my fingers. At the same time I got a pollen press by Sharpstone (I figured it was probably safer than their grinders) w/the "t" style handle.

DSC066191.jpg

After months of not opening the tray, I checked it and found it was 2/3 full:

DSC066101.jpg

Took 2 times filling the press to use all the kief. I would fill, press, and then place the press on top of the light hood on my aquarium (puts off some heat). Left the press there for several hours and added a partial twist to the press a few times. Opened the press up and each time I got a nice kief pellet about the diameter of a nickle and twice the thickness of the quarter shown in the image:

DSC06633.jpg

I'm using a razor blade to shave off little kief "bowl toppers" - OH SO GOOD!!! :roorrip:

The press worked fairly well - machining seemed ok and the threading was nice and smooth. I give the grinder a 9/10 and the press a 8/10 (due to slight imperfections in the machined surface of one of the press faces resulting in valley/ridges that catch some of the pollen).

:peace:

I've also heard of using Pam or a simular cooking spray !

Hey fellow cannabis users -

I picked up a Cosmic grinder and was given a Sharpstone press as a "freebie". For over 25 yrs, I used my fingers, and then read about and hence started to think about getting one. A bit a research led me to Cosmic as a slightly cheaper, but similar quality grinder to a Space Case. I got the "large" 4 piece unit - kief tray/screen/cutting tray/lid w/magnet. The screen is pretty durable, and it came with a bass guitar style pick to scrape the kief out. The grind seems to be just about perfect for joints, bongs, or my volcano - plus I no longer loose all that kief on my fingers. At the same time I got a pollen press by Sharpstone (I figured it was probably safer than their grinders) w/the "t" style handle.

DSC066191.jpg

After months of not opening the tray, I checked it and found it was 2/3 full:

DSC066101.jpg

Took 2 times filling the press to use all the kief. I would fill, press, and then place the press on top of the light hood on my aquarium (puts off some heat). Left the press there for several hours and added a partial twist to the press a few times. Opened the press up and each time I got a nice kief pellet about the diameter of a nickle and twice the thickness of the quarter shown in the image:

DSC06633.jpg

I'm using a razor blade to shave off little kief "bowl toppers" - OH SO GOOD!!! :roorrip:

The press worked fairly well - machining seemed ok and the threading was nice and smooth. I give the grinder a 9/10 and the press a 8/10 (due to slight imperfections in the machined surface of one of the press faces resulting in valley/ridges that catch some of the pollen).

I know this is a few months old, but I am curious if you remember the mm size of the screen? I see grinders with all kinds of screen sizes and I have no clue of what to get. Any suggestions?

:thanks:

Sorry...I have no idea what the screen size is...what ever came in the grinder...still working great after almost a year of daily use.

Which space case? I was looking at a smaller model for travel...also did you get one with the screen/pollen tray? :peace:

It's the black titanium 4-stage model with screen to catch kief. I think it is considered large size but I am not that familiar with grinder sizes to judge. Expensive ($100 us) but well made. If you are traveling you might want to consider a wooden or plastic one that does not set off screening machines - just a thought.

:peacetwo:
:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom