Scale for Herb

MacEFL

I couldn't find an appropriate forum for this so here it goes. I looked in the AUP and there is nothing about telling the truth about sponsors.

This company signed up to be a sponsor. The first post was a contest. Tell a joke and win a scale. I figured I would play. So I inserted a lame joke and received a PM from Chad stating that I won the card scale. Not what I was expecting but hey, it's better than what I figured I would win but I'll take it. He asked for and I sent my shipping address.

Not long after I received a PM asking me to re-visit the thread to post a review giving it a 5 star rating. I thought it strange that they would ask for a review for an item I have yet to receive.

Three separate times it was stated that they were shipped and they weren't shipped when stated. I sent a PM, no response. Almost 3 weeks later I received the hanging scale. I sent an email that said it would go to the owner of the company, no response. I called on numerous occasions and no answer. I still have the PM's and emails. In the original thread I even went back and stated that I didn't get what was promised and would wait and post a review in a few days to give them every opportunity to man up and correct the mistake. Chad's last time to the forum was the 2nd of December. So I am left to my own imagination as to what transpired. Was the contest for the free advertising and try and make themselves look good? As far as I am concerned that didn't work. Did they do it just to get peoples addresses? I had it shipped to a friends that doesn't smoke.

Now, I don't really need a new scale. But, I feel that a company should stand up and fulfill their promises. Especially un-solicited promises. I own a business in the service industry and I know that word of mouth is the best advertising that is out there. My word is my bond! It is sad that other companies don't follow the same creed.

I won't tell anyone who to do business with but unless I hear from them I won't be doing or referring any business to them. But I am a fair man and if I hear from them and they man up and do the right thing I will post the result and use and refer them in the future. :peace:

Morning Mac,

I think I saw one of the other winners just received there scale from that joke contest recently.

Possibly another winner like you still waiting. I was wondering what was going to arrive for a review as well.

Hey Heady,
I was promised in a PM the card scale and received the hanging scale.

I do regret the delayed response to this thread as I did not see it until now. I did post a response a while ago in the original thread. Found here

As stated in the thread I did indeed make a mistake when I sent you the Private message informing you that you were a winner. You were the third and last to respond with a joke. As stated in the contest rules, the third winner would get the hanging scale. I did not realize until you brought it to my attention about the error in the Private message I sent. Because I did mistakenly tell you you would get the card scale and I understand how it goes expecting one thing and getting another I decided to make it right by upgrading you to our newest model of scale that isn't even available on our site yet. :) I know you will love and appreciate the quality of. :thumb: and maybe you can post up a review once you've had time to use it. (Tracking says your package has already arrived).

i have had this triple beam four my entire hobby time. i put a plastic plate on it, for holding up to 2 z's a whack. i would not trade it. got it from old man something, scales. also a small glass scale. but, seldom need it.

Back
Top Bottom