Increase root growth on cuttings

Bjgrows

So I've got 6 cuttings started well but a couple have turns yellow on me I've removed from the rock wall cubes and placed into soil they just wasn't growing roots , couple little nobbly bit and a swallen base stem , any ideas of wat I can give them to increase root growth ? Much appreciated ,

I'm guessing that they were (and hopefully still are) just about to root. Some yellowing is normal as the cuttings feed off the leaves and use that energy to grow roots. Happens just before rooting. The 'nobbly bit and swollen base' happen at beginning of the rooting stage.

I think they may be past yellow lol , take a look , 1st timer here thanks
420-magazine-mobile1073885272.jpg

Yeah - pretty yellow :laughtwo: But still not too yellow -to root I mean . How long since you cut them ?
My impression from the pics is that you're probably overwatering. They root best when almost dry.

Yeah- I think they are or were about to root. Most take about two weeks to root. Be careful to keep the rooting medium dry at that point. A wet medium rots out the stems and roots as they form. When the cuttings are first put into the medium it can and should be soaked, but from there I let it get dryer and try to maintain the medium at about 10-30% moisture. Roots love it when the moisture level is about 10% - like almost no moisture. Though that's tricky to maintain every day without totally drying out.

So they have almost taken , had to repot so got a good look at roots two are not so good given up on 1 as was turning brown stem and hadn't rooted only the stem had turnt to a root , same as another just one big thick str8 root , why do they do this ?

So they have almost taken , had to repot so got a good look at roots two are not so good given up on 1 as was turning brown stem and hadn't rooted only the stem had turnt to a root , same as another just one big thick str8 root , why do they do this ?

What kind of rooting hormone are you using?

No I didn't have my phone at the time , I can repot again tho so will take pics soon if I can , I've only dipped in rooting powder and gone from there I am adding silicone now to try to boost things a lil Im new new so not sure ,

Try Aloe Vera gel (from the plant..not processed stuff)..Works just like Clonex, and like weed..GROW YOUR OWN!
Old Hippie recipe:Namaste:

Try ph'n ur water an mixing a VERY light dose of bloom nutes. I find this helps get them slow starters a boost. Also u can foiler spray daily to help keep the yellow at bay a bit. I make 100's of clones a year for friends AN family an this works well for me. Side note I never use clonex or any cloning agent an get 100% success unless I screw up. If their not dead don't give up. Some strains can take a long time to lay down roots. My sour diesel will push out roots in about 2 weeks my kushberry almost a month

Try ph'n ur water an mixing a VERY light dose of bloom nutes. I find this helps get them slow starters a boost. Also u can foiler spray daily to help keep the yellow at bay a bit. I make 100's of clones a year for friends AN family an this works well for me. Side note I never use clonex or any cloning agent an get 100% success unless I screw up. If their not dead don't give up. Some strains can take a long time to lay down roots. My sour diesel will push out roots in about 2 weeks my kushberry almost a month

My strain I run take a month or more to root, some are very hard to root. But if you can keep it alive long enough it will root. And always feed the cuts and high P diet to promote downward growth.

Back
Top Bottom