How I Cleaned My Ice-Catcher

Weedpipe

420 Member
i read a thread on bong cleaning and the overwhelming response was alcohol and salt, so i went to give it a try but i was almost out of alcohol. so i smoked 1 more bowl and gave it some thought and heres what i came up with

i got my mechanical fingers, windex, cheapo sponges, Q-tips
420_0121.jpg

i sprayed windex in the bong and let it set for a minute while i cut my sponge pieces, then moistened them. picking the pieces up at their end so they will fit through the small holes, i pushed the sponge into the hard to reach spots with ease.

mechanical fingers
420_0053.jpg

420_0073.jpg

no problem cleanin this part
420_0082.jpg

420_0092.jpg

i pushed the sponge in holding the end, but dropped it then picked it up in the middle. all the nasty above the water line wiped away and stuck to sponge. i then dropped the sponge, grabbing it on the end to pull it out
420_0112.jpg

clean ur bowl with some windex and q-tips, a good rinse and shes ready to go
420_013.jpg

total cost of bong cleanin kit: $13

mech. fingers $8
windex $2
Q-tips $2
bag sponges $1

not sure how many cleanings u can get from this method
but im guessin over 100 ... :peace:

+1 for 91% isopropyl alcohol and add rock salt for an abrasive. The rock salt won't dissolve in the alcohol, so it quickly removes the nasty crud inside a water pipe/bong.

denatured alcohol (white gas to campers) is much better than isopropyl

I use denatured alcohol for cleaning grease off brake parts. I guess it doesn't leave a residue on those, so after a quick paranoia rinse with warm water, why not.

Back
Top Bottom