Jesus 'Healed using Cannabis'

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Jesus w as almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.

The anointing oil used by Jesus and his disciples contained an ingredient called kaneh-bosem which has since been identified as cannabis extract, according to an article by Chris Bennett in the drugs magazine, High Times, entitled Was Jesus a Stoner? The incense used by Jesus in ceremonies also contained a cannabis extract, suggests Mr Bennett, who quotes scholars to back his claims.

"There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion," Carl Ruck, professor of classical mythology at Boston University said.

Referring to the existence of cannabis in anointing oils used in ceremonies, he added: "Obviously the easy availability and long-established tradition of cannabis in early Judaism _ would inevitably have included it in the [Christian] mixtures."

Mr Bennett suggests those anointed with the oils used by Jesus were "literally drenched in this potent mixture _ Although most modern people choose to smoke or eat pot, when its active ingredients are transferred into an oil-based carrier, it can also be absorbed through the skin".

Quoting the New Testament, Mr Bennett argues that Jesus anointed his disciples with the oil and encouraged them to do the same with other followers. This could have been responsible for healing eye and skin diseases referred to in the Gospels.

"If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil _ and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ," Mr Bennett concludes.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: guardian.co.uk
Author: Duncan Campbell
Copyright: 2010 Guardian News and Media Limited
Contact: Latest news, comment and reviews from the Guardian | guardian.co.uk
Website: Jesus 'healed using cannabis' | World news | The Guardian

Now thats what i'm talkin bout...:roorrip:

Welcome angelena, Good to have you on board. Your fortunate enough to live in SoCal where the weed ain't free but it's reasonable !! :peace:

Unfortunatley, this is the dirty little secret that clergy won't talk about due to fear of diminished reputation. I'm clergy myself, and I blaze daily. You are absolutely correct in your observation of cannabis use in Israel. Jesus is called the Christ (the anointed one) Bet He could out-blaze any of us.
no doubt this was the primary healing component of anointing oil, whicj Jesus gave to his disciples to heal the sick. Weed is indeed the holiest of smoke!!!

I have no way of knowing with absolute certainty if this is true and factual or not.
I also do not believe anyone else could know with absolute certainty.

I have no way of knowing with absolute certainty what Jesus did when He walked this old earth, or if he really was born of a virgin, or brought the dead back to life, or he himself rose from the dead himself, or what he did then. I did not see it with my own eyes, nor did anyone else that is alive today.

But I can surely tell you with absolute certainty what Jesus has done for me and my life today, and what a relationship with him does for me now! And I am just as sure what cannabis has done for me and my life. Those two facts I am 100% positive of, with NO doubts!

I always suspected that about Jesus because he always dressed like a Hippie.

If he wasn't a stoner he probably would have dressed like a Rabbi.

The long hair is a dead giveaway. He was eating all the time too.

I have no way of knowing with absolute certainty if this is true and factual or not.
I also do not believe anyone else could know with absolute certainty.

I have no way of knowing with absolute certainty what Jesus did when He walked this old earth, or if he really was born of a virgin, or brought the dead back to life, or he himself rose from the dead himself, or what he did then. I did not see it with my own eyes, nor did anyone else that is alive today.

But I can surely tell you with absolute certainty what Jesus has done for me and my life today, and what a relationship with him does for me now! And I am just as sure what cannabis has done for me and my life. Those two facts I am 100% positive of, with NO doubts!

:amen:

Quoting the New Testament, Mr Bennett argues that Jesus anointed his disciples with the oil and encouraged them to do the same with other followers. This could have been responsible for healing eye and skin diseases referred to in the Gospels.

"If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil _ and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ," Mr Bennett concludes.

Mr. Bennett, although onto something with kaneh bosem, went way left at the end here. It says "Quoting the New Testament" but doesn't give a reference. Why? Because it's not in there :) Just another example of the need to think for yourself. The New Testament actually never speaks of Jesus anointing anyone with oil. So no, receiving this oil is not what caused the sick to be healed, nor did it make Jesus' followers Christian. Faith did, and does, that. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

Persecution (or prosecution for that matter) for the use of cannabis, however, I do agree is "anti Christ" in the sense that it does impede man's freedom to use God's sweet creation for his benefit and enjoyment.

:peace:

Mr. Bennett, although onto something with kaneh bosem, went way left at the end here. It says "Quoting the New Testament" but doesn't give a reference. Why? Because it's not in there :) Just another example of the need to think for yourself. The New Testament actually never speaks of Jesus anointing anyone with oil. So no, receiving this oil is not what caused the sick to be healed, nor did it make Jesus' followers Christian. Faith did, and does, that. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

Persecution (or prosecution for that matter) for the use of cannabis, however, I do agree is "anti Christ" in the sense that it does impede man's freedom to use God's sweet creation for his benefit and enjoyment.

:peace:

I noticed that myself, as well. Well said.

:hookah:

Considering that it's well-documented that, at various times since they were written, politicals have made on decisions as to what should and should not be counted as part of the body that is known as the New Testament, the books that have since been discarded from same, and the fact that a person comparing current copies with copies from antiquity soon finds that there are some subtle - and some not so subtle - differences in wording/meaning between them, even cases where words such as "not" have been dropped from a passage...

It's impossible to assume with any accuracy that the life and works of Jesus is exactly - as in no more and no less - than what you can read in a modern (19th century or newer) Bible.

Which is not to say that I disregard it - only to say that it has been modified by man.

Considering that it's well-documented that, at various times since they were written, politicals have made on decisions as to what should and should not be counted as part of the body that is known as the New Testament, the books that have since been discarded from same, and the fact that a person comparing current copies with copies from antiquity soon finds that there are some subtle - and some not so subtle - differences in wording/meaning between them, even cases where words such as "not" have been dropped from a passage...

It's impossible to assume with any accuracy that the life and works of Jesus is exactly - as in no more and no less - than what you can read in a modern (19th century or newer) Bible.

Which is not to say that I disregard it - only to say that it has been modified by man.

I was thinking the same thing. The King James, and other translations were greatly affected by politics of the time. There is probably a lot of omitted information. Not to mention translations lost, or mistranslations. There is much more Bible that we do not have access to that maybe the scholars do.

Well, I am a Believer....Do I think Jesus toked?
Probably not if most his life he was unaware of who he was for what little we know of his youth it sounded normal for the day.

Did he when he became aware that he was the Son of God?
Heck, I probably would have knowing I was to die for a bunch of worthless...us. But again I doubt he smoked even then for he was Soooooo far above any high that a plant could give him.

Is this plant a gift from God?
Absolutely, Throwing all of the most amazing ( possibly miracle like ) things this plant can do. I feel that the Enemy does rule the world until Jesus returns and the fact that his enforcers ( World Government ) is so dead set against this plant tells me it is good.

So I Say.....Thank You Lord for my salvation in Heaven as well as a bit of salvation here on earth with a bit of a toke from Gods garden!

Back
Top Bottom