Christians smoking Weed?

Gibson420

Hi I'm new to this forum and I would like to know if there are any christians that smoke weed? I'm an apologetic (which means I defend the Bible and Christianity) and I feel like weed is a gift from God that can help heal and let people have a safe fun time. I would like to know if anyone agrees with me that is a christian? Thanks guys!:420::thanks:

Doesn't it say somewhere in Genesis 1:29 that states, Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

I am not a religious person but the way I feel is everything living on earth works as a system to thrive, so every element that is living is here for a reason. I believe every answer to every question, every cure to every ailment is here naturally, but we just have too look beyond the "lab created" drugs and look into the "drugs" that nature has provided us.

I would say to generalize it, look at all man made products, and then look at all natural products....Which causes more long term harm to our population... ??

BTW I am not Christian or any "Label" because I feel that Labeling a generalized story causes much more problems than it solves, however, I do believe in a higher power that connects us all that we do not yet understand as humans. Just wanted to specify my view because I do see you were looking for other "Christians" input, which I am not..

Yeah I believe that for every illness there is a natural plant or something to cure it. Now whether or not we have destroyed that plant, like in deforestation or the criminalization of weed, is beyond me. Thanks for the feed back.

Hi I'm new to this forum and I would like to know if there are any christians that smoke weed? I'm an apologetic (which means I defend the Bible and Christianity) and I feel like weed is a gift from God that can help heal and let people have a safe fun time. I would like to know if anyone agrees with me that is a christian? Thanks guys!:420::thanks:

Hi Gibson. I was raised Catholic more or less until I began questioning their unbiblical traditions at a young age. I came to understand the Bible by putting aside religious traditions of men (Jesus rebuked those btw) and reading it for myself. The patriarch Noah comes to mind. God loved Noah and Noah enjoyed his wine. In the book of Ecclesiastes, Chapters 9 & 10, wine is promoted to make us merry. That's not to say we should be stumbling around and damaging our health by excessive use, but in moderation it is beneficial. Cannabis is no different. Nor are any plant derived substances that assist us. We've learned over time that too much of a beneficial substance can be dangerous to our health. Like understanding the Bible aside from collective religious trappings, I understand the laws of nature certain men in government, ignorantly and maliciously, attempt to control.

Hello, I have been following 420 Mag for a long time and only just joined. I worship at a PDA church close to my home. I suffer from several ailments and was completely tired of all the toxic meds they were feeding me. The cannabis is so much better than the nasty opiates that kept me in a constant fog. Not to mention the fact that you build a tolerance. I have been nearly pain free and opiate free for almost three months now.

Alcohol is ok as long as you arn't drinking to get drunk, and cannabis gets me no where near disabled, so I think that it is ok in the eyes of God.

With that said... we should follow the laws of the land, so if what you are doing is in accordance with your state (or country) laws, then your alright in my book. It's tough to say what God finds acceptable when your talking about something like this. I believe it's ok though.

Christian since birth, smoker since 16. ;)

It is Genesis 1:12 to be exact, and obviously the wording is a tad different for everyone, however it reads: The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

I grew up Lutheran, went to Sunday school, church camp, all of it. I don't really adhere to a specific belief however I do think Cannabis is one of few portals to higher forms of thinking.

Born/raised Catholic, at 9 yrs went Lutheran. Started toking at 16 or 17. Now 28. Anywho, I don't really adhere to man-made religions, or even go to church much. But I am a Christian, and I don't believe that pot is bad in the eyes of God. Some folks I'm friends with who do adhere to religion, claim the whole "devil-weed" thing, but I look at it this way. The devil destroys while God creates. The devil would never have created something that when consumed, can bring healing and higher consciousness. A pastor/teacher once told me that he did believe that cannabis very well could have been in the Garden of Eden. It's not really a weed, or thorny, or unpleasant. The early Jews burnt incense and herbs and animals and other plants, so the fragrance could drift to heaven and please God. Pot is one of the strongest smelling yet pleasant-smelling plants when burned. I think God loves pot. That's my belief.

:peace:

Here's my two cents. I not only believe cannabis is meant for mankind to use, but if you think about it, it may well be THE single greatest gift we have received from God. He has given us this amazing plant which we can use to feed, clothe, house, and medicate ourselves. It can create fuel, which would additionally be a way to stop deforestation (and more trees=less pollutants in the air). The plant is non toxic and has no dangerous interactions with pharma Meds. We have been like little children at Christmas- playing with the box and ignoring the true gift inside. I think if more people who self-identify in any of the Judeo-Christian faiths really stopped to consider the benefits and incredible diversity of those benefits of cannabis to mankind, they would have a hard time NOT seeing God's hand in creating it FOR us. Not to mention the medical fact that an entire system of receptors for cannabis exist throughout our bodies and brains. Meaning- God put those receptors there for a reason. Anyway, my 2 cents.

- Mickey

Interesting comments... My question did cannabis exist before or after the fall? Thorns and thistles didn't exist before the fall. When GOD was referring to having all the fruit and vegetation for food... it was before the fall.

Cannabis doesn't have thorns, though. I suppose if you go trampling through a field of some dank sensi, thorns might stick to you more easily, lol. But, cannabis can be eaten as a food: you can use the trichomes and mix them with fats, oils, or alcohol to consume for medicine, or you could eat the seeds, as food. I guess you could make a salad out of fan leaves, too. All that said, I think cannabis was before the fall. As for the fall itself, I see it as them being awakened to a higher consciousness, a new awareness of God, and of themselves, and the world, and stuff. God knew they couldn't handle that kind of consciousness on a constant thing, so he banished them, and made them work in order to get that awareness rather than given, in the Garden. Weird, yeah, but a part of some consciousness-bending, mind-warping stuff I was pondering on while enjoying the fruits of my first ever crop. :D

Cannabis doesn't have thorns, though. I suppose if you go trampling through a field of some dank sensi, thorns might stick to you more easily, lol. But, cannabis can be eaten as a food: you can use the trichomes and mix them with fats, oils, or alcohol to consume for medicine, or you could eat the seeds, as food. I guess you could make a salad out of fan leaves, too. All that said, I think cannabis was before the fall. As for the fall itself, I see it as them being awakened to a higher consciousness, a new awareness of God, and of themselves, and the world, and stuff. God knew they couldn't handle that kind of consciousness on a constant thing, so he banished them, and made them work in order to get that awareness rather than given, in the Garden. Weird, yeah, but a part of some consciousness-bending, mind-warping stuff I was pondering on while enjoying the fruits of my first ever crop. :D

I don't think the fall did anything beneficial for man. GOD already had a rebellion in Lucifer (pride). Man fell from a state of HOLINESS which is far higher than any knowledge of good & evil. God's nature is HOLY. There is no need for any external "chemicals". Now don't get me wrong all medicines are derived from nature. They were put here for the benefit of man. Abusing it, or relying on it where it becomes the focus of your life is wrong. People always try and water down the reality.

The truth is we really don't know whether marijuana was created as is, and continues "as is" from day three when it was created [very good] or, if it took on it's psychoactive properties after The Fall of Adam & Eve where God cursed the ground as a result of Adam eating from the tree He told him not to.
Of course the main point here on these forums is to assure anybody, Christians included, that using marijuana for medical purposes is not wrong, it is not sin.

I see that versions of these verses have been used many times; but i want to post it again, and also take in to consideration that Jesus MADE wine out of water. The guests at the wedding ALREADY consumes all the wine. So Jesus made the GOOD wine and the brides father was blessed by that act. The Bible however DOES warn about consuming too much as it will make you sick. I can't find anything in the Bible that would be considered sin regarding the use of cannibis. I've been a Christian for over 20 years; yet don't attend church any more because there is a lot of opinion being taught ....all based on NOTHING in the Bible.

Disclaimer........If you get too stoned on butter or eatables; it's not my fault. I'm just going by my own faith. Everything in moderation.

Gen 1:29
And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food

What he did was turn the water into the best wine any of them had ever had the pleasure of drinking.. They wanted to know WHY did they save the good wine for last, when the normal custom was to serve the good wine first and then the weaker stuff later as nobody would notice..

I was never a hardcore Christian when I was young, I could not stand going to church, so I rebuked the church, and went on my merry way, secure in the knowledge I knew everything I needed to know.. Doing what I wanted when I wanted and forsaking others in the process.

If you think for one second that you know everything? Than I want you to look at your clock, now hold your breath and stop time.. No matter what you do, NOTHING will ever stop the dagger of time from reaching you..

I had to find all of this out the hard way! I found out personally that it is all indeed very very real.. I had an NDE , This whole experience has changed me forever... It really is too hard to put down in words on the interweb, and if I tried to describe it all it would take weeks or more. I talked a bit about it in my Journal on my 1st ever grow. But please if interested, start doing your own research, I have been researching and studying for the past four years, and have found most of what I was looking for.

I will testify to anyone who wants to hear it, or answer any question I can about the experience, but if you think or thought this was all fantasy or faked, then please do your own research and you too will find it..

For the OP, do or would Christians use cannabis? Yes I do.. Do I think Yahshua would be upset for us using it? No I don't believe so, like the post above, its how and what you use it for that would matter to him most I believe..

I mean if you were to decide to just sit on your butt and smoke out all day and sell weed to school children and do nothing else would please him? Probably not!, but if you worked hard to produce a crop that not only were to HELP other people, but sustain yourself and help your family! than I see him looking down and smiling upon you..

One thing I do know, he knows what's in your heart, no getting around that..

That is for sure Brother.. one thing that has been really hurting me lately, is seeing the experiences I had during my NDE coming true today.. During my experience, he showed me many things, much I understood, and much I didn't..

Let me start with an example, during my experience back in 2011, he showed me a scene, where people were running for their lives, in what looked like a very old ancient city in the desert somewhere.. The people that were running were wearing these dark robes and wearing very odd hats.. Then I see behind them, everything starting to burn, and then to my shock, I see these militant guys using modern day weaponry just wiping them out and setting fire to these very old churches.

Then in 2012 I am watching the news one day, and I see the entire scene play out right in front of me, exactly as he showed it to me, only now the news is explaining what was going on.. They were Coptic Christians! I didn't even know what a Coptic Christian was!!
Well if anyone has been paying attention at all to world news, we know what is going on today all around the globe, and I am watching it all unfold right in front of my eye's! Simply unbelievable...

Here is a video hopefully I can link that update those that haven't seen the latest..

Koncept, That was an extremely powerful video. It actually gave me chills watching it! The Lord really does give us visions into the future, just like the Bible says. And the story of Joseph and his dreams. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around what I just watched. God is Great and I know I'll have eternal life in Heaven.

Honestly, the video is nothing in the scope of what has been going on over the past few years... The easy thing is to say that were just crazy, or this is all normal, but it's not.. I have seen the things in my experience being played out over and over, he showed me in the end people will be forced to make a choice, and it wont be him forcing their hand.

One of the most powerful things he showed me, was how we can interact with Angels at any given time, that indeed the power is in Faith, and if you call upon him, he can indeed answer, when he showed he how this works, I worked hard to find testimony's and witnesses to tell it for me.. But you have a team up there cheering for you, when you need him in a pinch, he can indeed answer prayers.. In Heaven there is not time like we know it here.. When you ask something of the Lord, it can happen here in a flash lets say.. So here is an example of things I witnessed.

Then one of the most powerful sights was to witness him go to the Abyss and pull someone up, I thought impossible what is he doing and why? Then I found out doing some research..
Just like my experience but I was looking down on this..

So then people even ask, who is Jesus? Yahshua? God, the Holy Spirit? How does it work, why? This is the best explanation from what I witnessed that can help straighten it out..

I hope this can put a picture together for some .... Just try to help explain it.. Much Love.. God Bless...

Back
Top Bottom