Born-again Christian - Pro-Marijuana

PLAT

420 Member
Not a 'pot head', a partaker. Moderation and appreciation... we must respect the herb for what it is.
Now understand, I love Jesus to death ...and for the record, He is our only hope (Acts 4:11,12).
I am a stark proponent for the legalization of marijuana for both industrial hemp production and adult 'recreational' use. It is not necessary to try to find 'lost' ancient translations of Scripture to vindicate the use of herb, it is certainly not acceptable to twist Scripture at all in order to justify a personal desire to partake (in anything).
The simple truth is this. It is a plant that is naturally produced for our use; just as any other plant. It is up to us (both as communities as well as individuals) to understand it's use, and, also, it's mis-use, and to respect it, like I said at the start, for what it is. As a father of nine, a faithful husband, and a Christian of 17 years, (ALL by the grace of God) I say with complete confidence and absolute certainty that there is definitely a time and a place for the personal use of marijuana. When that time is and where that place is, however, cannot be determined by anyone but yourself.
It is time we put the 'man-made' traditional, extra-biblical, Pharisaical, Holier-than-thou, intellectually stunting restraints in our back pockets and have a seat (and make sure you hear them crack).
By nature (since the fall) we are creatures of excess, taking what is good and finding creative ways to strain every last drop of goodness out of it. Sex is beautiful (we pervert it), alcohol is calming (we abuse it), herb is enlightening (we treat it like the drug it has been touted as and feed our escapist mentalities with it's ability to 'take us away' from reality, as opposed to grounding us).
Think, brothers and sisters. Friends.
My advice, for what it's worth, is this: Appreciate and respect life for what it is without any 'medicinal influence' and then appreciate and respect life with it.

God bless.

Re: Born-again Christian – Pro-Marijuana

I am also a Christian and believe in legalization of Cannabis the plant God so graciously gave to us. I have been a Christian for a very long time and also smoked pot for a very long time. The respect the Christian has for the plant is completely different from that of the unsaved. I do believe the plant heals, and by the grace of God we may be healed by it's use. As a Christian we worship the creator and believe the creation is not greater than the creator. It is sad to say that most people worship the plant rather than the creator, I must admit I often must pray before I smoke that God would cast down every wicked imagination that rises up against him. There is that spiritual aspect of marijuana that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, and spiritual darkness in high places. There are those fiery darts that Satan hurls at us. I would like to meet more Christians that smoke pot and discuss some of these things that I feel are important. I feel that marijuana and Christianity are in an infancy, and much territory has not been covered as far as visions and prophecy. Even though biblically there is nothing against it, there will always be division not because we are not against it. But because of the truth. I may have went off on a few tangents but I am interested in meeting others that contend for the faith once delivered unto the saints.

The Bible does not condemn medical marijuana. However, it does condemn using it to just "get high".
Whenever one uses marijuana in a medical application then you are not using it to "get high" even though you might get high during your medical application.

-- The term sorcery appears 27 times in the Bible. 22 times it means control by evil spirits. But in the Greek New Testament it is "pharmakeia" translated as drug abuse, drug pusher. It's where we get our word pharmacy from.
These are the Strong's references to the original Koine Greek: And the verses below to which they are referenced:
5331: pharmakeia from pharmakeuo (to administer drugs); the use of medicine, drugs or spells:-- sorceries(1) sorcery (2)

5332: pharmakeus; a variant reading for 5333, q.v.

5333: pharmakos from pharmakon (a drug); a poisoner, sorcerer, magician: -- sorcerers (2)

Galatians 5:19-20 -- Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 9:21 -- And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

REvelation 18:23 -- And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Revelation 21:8 -- But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 22:14-15 -- Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I have more to say but rather than rambling on I would rather answer questions if anybody has them. That way I can relate my decades of experience being on both sides of this matter and stay on point.

You realize cannabis, or kaneh bos'm as the Bible calls it, is an herb, right? A plant, created by God and given to us to use? . There are no prohibitions, 'medical or recreational', unlike with alcohol. Moderation in all things. Pharmakeia, used in Revelation, refers to the pharmaceutical companies poisoning humanity and deceiving them: 'for your merchants were the great ones of the earth,
and all nations were deceived by your sorcery.'
God is a just God. He did not create cannabis, and give it to us to use, just to sit back, smack us upside the head and send us to hell for using it 'recreationally'. That is not Yah.

You realize cannabis, or kaneh bos'm as the Bible calls it, is an herb, right? A plant, created by God and given to us to use? . There are no prohibitions, 'medical or recreational', unlike with alcohol. Moderation in all things. Pharmakeia, used in Revelation, refers to the pharmaceutical companies poisoning humanity and deceiving them: 'for your merchants were the great ones of the earth,
and all nations were deceived by your sorcery.'
God is a just God. He did not create cannabis, and give it to us to use, just to sit back, smack us upside the head and send us to hell for using it 'recreationally'. That is not Yah.

I'm really only here to discuss medical cannabis openly. If you would like to discuss what constitutes violating God's moral standards I would prefer to do it privately. When I have 50 posts, and can receive private messages, I will discuss the issue with anyone who wants to send me a PM.

I'm really only here to discuss medical cannabis openly.

Yeah, that explains your very first sentence. Nice try. You don't smack people upside the head with your Bible, then refuse to discuss why you happened to do it: "The Bible does not condemn medical marijuana. However, it does condemn using it to just "get high"."

Yeah, that explains your very first sentence. Nice try. You don't smack people upside the head with your Bible, then refuse to discuss why you happened to do it: "The Bible does not condemn medical marijuana. However, it does condemn using it to just "get high"."

I will only discuss "getting high" in a private message. Doing so publicly results in ad hominem attacks (attacking the person rather than the argument).
I did not join this forum to argue with people. I came here to treat my Irritable Bowel Syndrome so I could try and live life outside of the boundaries that sickness has enslaved me to. And to help others with my knowledge of marijuana gathered over the years, limited as it is.

I appreciate your response.

With all due respect, which isn't much, I have to call BS on the opening argument. The apple is a plant ... yet for some reason that one is supposed to be off-limits ... so your argument is invalid, by your own book's logic (for as far as it contains it in the first place).

As for the stupidity quoted from revelations; you realize that picking the translation that suits you, and ignoring all the contradictions that creates, as well as giving credence to goatherder fears, does not help in a world where people have access to knowledge and are able to check the outrageous nonsense in the bible ?

You are also aware that you are quoting from a bad translation to begin with ? If you are going to go all scriptural, you'll have to deal with the Thorah and ITS orriginal meaning .. as the Old Testament, is a bad translation of it, twisted and bend during the council of Nicaea to fit the needs of the rulers of that time, and that tradition has been continued ever since.

If anybody is going to complain about me being confronting and hostile;

"Not a 'pot head',..." => thanks for the insult.

"Revelation 21:8 -- But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." => naming unbelievers in the same collection ... wtf ? Seriously ? Go die in a fire, and take your book with you.

"Revelation 22:14-15 -- Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie." => same issue.

"The respect the Christian has for the plant is completely different from that of the unsaved." => you have no respect ... or you like to insult non-believers .. either way, you talking about respect like this, is ironic.

Also ... take your moral highground, and bin it. It's non-existant. You cant tell me about perverting sex (for instance) because your ironage book says so, without being able to show WHY it is perverted ... just stating it, and adding: cuz the bible said so, does not count. You seem to forget there are litterally hundreds of religions, and almost none of 'em agree on a single issue .. so untill you've shown that yours is True, your just another voice in the crowd, trying to be hollyer then the rest of us .. and it is sickening.

Thanks, bye.

Take it easy J. If you knew me you'd know I'm the last one that would ever claim to be holier than anyone. The original post is for other Christians that have either struggled with or wondered about Marijuana's place within their worldview. One love.

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with apples :peace:

I had a friend ask me a question. He said how can weed be bad if God put it here? It was from that point forward I decided to study and test it. Having said that,I am still in the testing. In the polls though there needs to be a massive show of support from those who believe that we have the right to use what God gave as medicine. If you need to see a movie to stir you up a bit about the urgency about it,watch Norma Rae. It's time to act now.

YES! I'm so glad to find this thread. First let me say that I'm an old guy with oldschool views on many life topics. After being a evangelistic Christian for 20 years; the hypocrisy of the organized "church" finally sent me running from the sanctuary; and set me on a bit of a different path of seeking God within my own thoughts and beliefs. In studying the Bible for a good portion of my life; I really can't see where scripture teaches us to avoid the use of cannabis. I've heard the arguments of the Greek "pharmakia" and it's connection to sorcery and witchcraft, and respectfully I do not agree with that teaching. It seems to me to be a stretch for me to go from enjoying an herb to "practicing" witchcraft with it's rituals and worshipping evil forces that are on this earth trying to lure one from living a respectable life in society. Let me say however.... I'm not completely convinced either that it is COOL with God if we get high on cannabis. I suppose I'll never know until I'm faced directly with it when my life is over in this phase of my exsistence. I can easily come up with a scenario like PTSD in case I need to state my case at the gate; but I'd rather just be honest about my use and say it helps me with my creativity, my daily stresses and disappointment with mankind in general as i see crazy times coming upon this earth with radical world events unfolding before our eyes. Did i mention I live in Oregon? Well; when it came down to it; I voted against recreational legalization in November simply because I don't want to pay 40% tax on it or be on any government "list" as a user as required under medicinal use. It is easy enough to find (even for a 60 something) I'm looking forward to more participation in these forums in the near future. PEACE guys!

Well; when it came down to it; I voted against recreational legalization in November simply because I don't want to pay 40% tax on it or be on any government "list" as a user as required under medicinal use. It is easy enough to find (even for a 60 something)

I'm sorry, but do you not see how selfish that is ?? You now help deny others that need it free access because you are afraid your prices will go up on the grounds that you are of the opinion that it is already easy enough to get.

No harm or selfishness intended. Some things we have to judge by what our hearts are saying. As I had pointed out. I DON'T KNOW if God is OK with cannibis use; (Recreationally or Medically.) I can't decide what someone else should do regarding their soul (in my own beliefs) I lean a bit more toward a liberal point of view because I don't put emphasis on THIS life and look toward an eternal life. (my own opinion of coarse) Anyway; Oregonians passed the bill. I'm eager to see how things change (I love the idea of going to a store and having dozens of options depending on what buzz I'm looking for. IE. (Can I try a hit before purchasing? Do you take Paypal?) :peace:

Back
Top Bottom