Bible Belt

mndbekd420nc

Being in the Bible Belt. Is smoking pot a sin? What does god think of smoking pot?

Think its better than drinking myself, and dont feel bad about smoking it.

But thinking religiously, what does God think?

What if god smoked cannibus?

Weed is from the Earth, he put this here for me and you.

Blah Blah, Sinners your going to hell crap.

Jah Rasta says it is a part of their religion but not sure about the whole religion and its old testiment speakings.

Babylon is falling. Love Peace and War

I made the mistake of moving to the absolute buckle of the bible belt. I'm going nuts surrounded by the most closed minded, boring souls on the planet. Fortunately, Mother Herb keeps things in perspective along with a few local heads to toke up with.

Bible belt, hmmm, is that like the Foreigner Belt. I will rock your face!:headbanger:

Jesus was said to have used cannabis in some of his healing balms. Therefore to say that the consumption of this plant in any manner is somehow "Anti-Christian" or against the Bible would be horribly inaccurate.

I'm note a big fan of religious fanatics. I try to stay away from those people. I feel like they are not doing what religion should be. They do to much judging of others.It really seems to make me mad sometimes.

Umm... Texas is the belt buckle. Oklahoma is the sweaty beer belly hanging over the buckle.

well i mean it does say in the bible not to consume anything that changes your state of mind, so i guess it is frowned apon

mcdowell

i live in the bible belt. nc, tenn. sc. it is an area where there are very hardcore religious people dwell. when i went to tenn. some guy walked up to me and started preaching to me and asking me all these questions. its very interesting. i dont like it. im not going to hate on anyones religion, but when they start trying to push it on me, thats when the line is crossed. stay green. peace.

mcdowell said:
well i mean it does say in the bible not to consume anything that changes your state of mind, so i guess it is frowned apon

mcdowell

Ahh, really. Is that why Jesus "turned water into wine"?

It's where God listens to popular Christian radio..

It's where you can buy God Art..

It's Texas.

:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

my hubby is on medical marijuana. and we are born again christians. the difference between a bible thumper who judges and condemns those who take something that might be pleasurable, and the way we are thinking, is that we believe that God doesn't recommend to do anything that interferes with our daily responsibilities, including taking care of our health, because He calls the the believers "His temple". we need to take care of ourselves and be good witness to the change He makes in us. therefore i don't believe in taking any kind of SMOKE into your lungs. it causes lung cancer, emphysema and other ailments. medical pot can be taken in various other ways.
to use pot as a religion sounds a bit over the top. however this could be used as a defense in a pot-related criminal charge.

MAN ! I just put down my guitar,,,WoW, are you guys serious, to question the wisdom of Cannabis, God's GIFT to Mankind..!! WHOA, I've gotta go back in MY archives and bring forth some REAL info. If'n ya can't wait, look in the Bible an' da answer is there. I know I read that "All plants and HERBS and all of animal kind are for YOUR use and consumption(my translation, sorry)These things I GIVE to YOU! Don't eat this cloven hoof this an'that whatever. My GOD said EVERYTHING He gave us was GOOD. I believe Him

i don't believe in taking any kind of SMOKE into your lungs. it causes lung cancer, emphysema and other ailments. medical pot can be taken in various other ways
while i agree that vaporizing or edibles are the best and safest ways to use Cannabis there is this:

Pot's Cancer-Healing Properties
Pot Compound Enhances Efficacy Of Anti-Cancer Agents, Study Says
Smoking Cannabis Does Not Cause Cancer Of Lung or Upper Airways
Documented Safety of Long Term Cannabis Use

I'm a big first amendment type and don't believe anyone everyone has to the right to worship (or not) as the see fit.

It's hard to deny Cannabis doesn't make people reflective about life and origin.

Give the Rasta's their due imo

where does it say that?

It says don't be drunk on wine (and I think that's for men who would be deacons in the church). Other than that I guess the sky's the limit. So...there is no Biblical prohibition on Cannabis, only encouragement. :peace:

What's the Willie Nelson quote...

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”

oookaayy! you guys got me convinced. there is a church on maui where the preacher is even on public tv. he is really good, an older guy with a white beard, very gentle and kind. i met him personally. when i listened to his sermons on tv, the live audience (or congregation) they all cough. how come? (stupid question, i know why).
cannabis definitely opens the users' mind and spirit. interesting stuff! you have something there.

I'm note a big fan of religious fanatics. I try to stay away from those people. I feel like they are not doing what religion should be. They do to much judging of others.It really seems to make me mad sometimes.

Im with you bro....... if religion makes you a better person im all for it. just keep it to yourself and we'l all get along just fine..:bong:

Back
Top Bottom