Pope Benedict considers Marijuana and erectile dysfunction

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Possible good news for Catholic stoners with erection problems:
Pope Benedict XVI has reviewed the annulment practices of the Vatican judges. He has warned them to stop being so willing to annul Catholic marriages.

According to The Hindu:

The Pope ordered the clampdown after figures showed that the church's appeals court allowed 69 annulments in 2005 for reasons which included husbands being too attached to their mothers.

The court, known as the Sacra Rota, considers petitions from couples claiming their marriages were never truly valid.

Apart from the get-out clause for women married to "mummy's boys", an "inability to assume conjugal obligations", usually due to a childhood trauma, appears among the successful reasons for annulment in 2005, as do alcoholism, use of cannabis, infidelity and a serious lack of "moderation in judgment" by a partner.

Whether or not cannabis use will be accepted as a justification for future annulments has not been announced.

I heard that some of the more "liberal" catholics let cannabis use slide as long as it is treated like alcohol and used in moderation in a way that protects the lungs.

Could you clarify your point? I can't make any sense out of what you were trying to say. (No disrespect or anything)! :peace:

I am very Roman Catholic and as radical as most of you. Let's check out the word of God, this is all red letter stuff, ok?

LUKE 7:31-34
"What comparison can I use for the men of today? What are they like? They are like children squatting in the city squares and calling to their playmates,

'We piped you a tune but you did not dance,
we sang you a dirge, but you did not wail.'

I mean that John the Baptizer came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, 'He is mad!' The Son of Man came and he both ate and drank, and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' God's wisdom is vindicated by all who accept it."

You police creeps that are jailing on us are being talked to by Jesus Christ right there! Do you imagine, for a second, that those snitches, whores, drunks, and sinners just like I am, didn't have some dope?????? what are you? high on pot? OF COURSE THEY HAD POT RIGHT THERE. But you refused to sing and be alive because you are in defiance of the will of God. that is because you are slave masters who like to get over on us pot heads because you know very well we won't hurt you. can you feel the wind blowing? it is the wind of change. Pot will be a lot freer before much longer if we stay strong against the liars, my friends. I won't run out on you and if you stick with us we will overgrow the jerks and take back the land from the pharmaceutical corps that willingly kill us to make money.

ok, I can see where you're going with that. I agree with your statement that Jesus doesn't condemn those who smoke pot. In fact if He were to condemn anyone, it would be alcoholics (drunks kill over 100,000 people every year in vehicle collisions). I believe alcohol is far more incidious than weed. The "worst" stoner is equal to the lightest consumer of alcohol. I feel in control when I smoke weed, but while drunk, motor control or even speech, and thought process is greatly effected. The other stuff you mentioned about parties, I'm not sure I understand. I went to a Bible college for three years, but the context by which you quote those verse still elude me. However, it could be the difference in translations. I use the NKJV, or the NASV.
About your daughter dying while on Paxil...I was on Paxil for over five years. How did it cause her death? I rescently saw a commercial that warned that Paxil causes birth defects. Thank God that I quit when I became pregnant. (I still smoked weed, though!)
I definitely do not believe smoking weed is a sin. All of my Christian friends are against it, and some refuse to even talk about it- I believe because they do not have a good argument for their position, which is usually the case when someone either refuses to debate or gets angry at political or religious statements. I tend to piss people off when I speak on either topics. I Hope that I don't offend anyone here, but it will probably happen. I'm conservative on many issues, but I'm still a stoner..interesting mix, I guess.
I know this is off topic, but right now, I'm listening to Rob Zombie. Anyone like his music?

Hi evanescence...you and I have a bit in common here. I'm saved by His grace, am pretty conservative on some issues...but appreciate the blessing that God gave us with cannabis...so welcome to the club (it's a small one).

Many of my Christian friends believe that the wine Jesus made was not fermented. Personally, to me that sounds rather idiotic. I doubt that Jesus made grape juice, but I could be wrong.

Hi evanescence...you and I have a bit in common here. I'm saved by His grace, am pretty conservative on some issues...but appreciate the blessing that God gave us with cannabis...so welcome to the club (it's a small one).

I just reconsidered your post...and oddly enough, I'm really stoned! It is rare to find Christian stoners. A lot of the marijuana culture is still ultra liberal/hippie mentality...

"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that god's got a sick sense of humor, and when I die, I expect to find him laughing..."
-Depeche Mode

interesting quote. What song is that? I looked up Depeche Mode on google and found out that they're an 80's rock band. I love the 80"s, so I searched the band on youtube. OMG! I've been trying to find this song forever! Thanks!
This song weirds me out for some reason.

Words like violence :Rasta:
Break the silence
Come crashing in :cool:
Into my little world
Painful to me :smokin:
Pierce right through me
Cant you understand
Oh my little girl :smokin:

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm

Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm

Enjoy the silence

I'm not sure whether I should be using the prescription meds or the natural products like Virection or Wydenz. Can anyone tell me from their own experience?

Back
Top Bottom