Help me stay alive

jeremiah

My name is Jeremiah
In 2008 I was diagnosed as having cerebral arterial sclerosis, hardening of the arteries in the brain, and recurrent rhabdomyolosis, a skeletal muscle condition that affects the kidneys and causes renal failure. I already have a broken back from an accident at work. I have had three back surgeries with the last one being an l-4, l-5 lumbar fusion. I now have degenerative disc disease.
Arterial sclerosis is normally treated with Stanton drugs, however, Stanton drugs have been linked to rhabdomyolosis so there is a very real possibility that they could kill me.
The residual scar tissue from multiple back surgeries constantly crushes the nerves at the l-4, l-5 junction in my back, causing severe pain and muscle issues. However, there have also been links to prescription pain killers and rhabdomyolosis.
The U.S. constitution guarantees the right to LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The first of these being life.

This is my plea for life.

Because these conditions can be very fatal my choices for treatment are very limited. The only substance that has proven to treat all my conditions and not contribute to my early death is cannabis.
I submit to you that my right to stay alive, as guaranteed by the U.S. constitution, out weighs all anti cannabis laws.
I AM NOT ALONE. There are many others who suffer due to anti cannabis laws.
Mr. president, it is time for change!
When I first started looking for justification for myself, I had great internal struggle. I had been trying to live a Christian life. How could I use cannabis and still be a Christian? After much prayer and research I found MY truth in the word of God.

Gen. 1:11,12;
11. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
The very first thing God planted was the green herb. And God said it was good.

Gen. 1:29-31;
29. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
The very first thing God gave man was the green herb. And God said it was VERY good.

Gen.9:3;
3. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
The very first thing God gave to Noah after the flood was the green herb.

Three times God put the green herb first. Cannabis is the only herb that has green leafs, green stems, and green flowers.

Exodus 20:1-17; No mention of restriction in the ten commandments.

Psalms 104:14;
14. He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
God gave the green herb for mans free will use without restriction and called it good. Who is wise enough to supersede God? What law is above Gods law?

Isa.18:4;
4. For so the Lord said unto me, I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs,
God included a demonstration of the use of herbs as a recreational relaxant, thereby giving approval to the use of same!

Mathew 15:11;
11. Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Romans 14:2-4,
2. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
The Bible tells us over and over not to judge one another, but the only thing it specifically mentions not to judge for is the use of herbs.

When the law is an obstacle for the ways of God, Luke 6:1-10 shows how Christ dealt with it.
1. And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.
2. And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?
3. And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;
4. How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone?
5. And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
6. And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.
7. And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him.
8. But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.
9. Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?
10. And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

And again in John 9:14-16,
14. And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
15. Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.
16. Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

Isa. 55:8-9,
8. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Hosea 4:6,
6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

1Tim. 4:1-3 foretells a period of prohibition;
1. Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3. Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

The Bible tells us we should follow Christ’s example.
1 Peter 2:21,
21. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

James 1:22-25,
22. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24. For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

We can not, as Christians, stand by and let these laws that violate the word of God stand. The first amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees us the right to freedom from religious persecution. All anti cannabis laws violate the first amendment.

Ezk. 34:29,
29. And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.
This tells of when the prohibition ends and what the plant can do!

Hemp seed as a food source;
Aprx. Values, 25% plant protein, 30% carbs, 15% fiber, contains carotene, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, Zink, vitamins e, c, b1, b2, b3, b6, near perfect 3 to 1 ratio of fatty acids, omega 3 linoleic acid, omega 6 linoleic acid, and gamma linoeic acid. It is low in saturated fat making it good for cholesterol levels and it is proven to strengthen the immune system.

As a medication cannabis can be used in ointments, teas, tinctures, salves, pills and inhalation. Over 6000 years of use world wide have proven cannabis to be affective in the treatment of many conditions. These include, but are not limited to ;
Depression
Asthma
Anorexia nervosa
Leprosy
Malaria
Anthrax
Tetanus
Ulcers
Glaucoma
Diabetes
Osteoporosis
And staphylococcus
It also protects the brain from stroke and trauma damage.
The list of medical applications is quite long.
The cannaboid in cannabis is the only thing in Gods creation that we have a God given receptor in our brain for. This was discovered in 1988 at the St. Louis University medical school by Allyn Howlett and William Devane. But it is not just that it heals our bodies. It tells the body how to regulate it’s own systems for self healing. Once again, only God could accomplish this. Cannabis is also the only source in creation for this.

At this point I am thinking, if I have a red square hole and a red square peg, and nine round green pegs, what one do I pick to fit in the hole?
Auchums razor says,” the most obvious choice is most usually the right one.”
This is first grade level deductive reasoning.
Is this the plant that Ezekiel spoke of? Can it feed the people? Can it clothe and see to the needs of the people? YES!

Items that can be made from cannabis include fuel, lubricants, cosmetics, rope, textiles, paper, plywood and on and on. In the 40ies, I believe it was popular mechanics magazine claimed 25k items could be made from cannabis. I believe that our country has made some advancements since the 40ies.

Why now when they have been trying to legalize cannabis for years?
The word of God prophesied that God would raise up a plant of renown.
Gods word will be fulfilled.
Others were not called to it.
Others have tried to promote cannabis above God. God wont have it.
Others were trying to promote there own agenda and not Gods.
It was not Gods timing.

Mr. President, I know you must ask yourself, What will this do for our country? You built your whole campaign on changing from old thinking that don’t work. 80 years of prohibition with an estimated 30% of the country using has proven to be an abysmal failure. The U.S. incarcerates about 350,000 people for cannabis at a cost of over 1 billion dollars a year to American tax payers. First we reunite these innocent people with there loved ones. That will bring relief to the over crowded jails. The billion we spend to keep them there I am sure can help fix social security. Last year my wife paid $1633.00 in state and federal tax working at Wal-mart. Multiply that by 350K and it gives us over a half a billion dollars more in tax revenue. I am sure health care and schools could use that.

By doing away with these illegal and immoral laws it will force the U.S. as a country to drop its policies of not providing foreign aid to counties that don’t provide anti cannabis laws. With holding food and medicine from people to force them to change there laws is nothing less than extortion. I, as an American citizen do not approve of this kind of oppression from my government.
By changing our laws it will open the door for other countries to do the same. The people who it could help the most are third world hunger stricken countries.

Hemp seed is 30% oil. One acre of hemp will produce more bio-fuel than any other crop. Helping to reduce our dependence on foreign oil.
After pressing hemp seed for oil, the left over seed pulp is what is used for a food source. The remaining flower parts are what is used for making medications. After the oil is pressed and the medications are made, the left over stems and leafs are what is used to make press board and other timber replacing products.
Cannabis can produce more building material per acre than timber and can be harvested every year versus 50-75 years for timber.
Together we can reduce global deforestation to sustainable levels.

Convert tobacco farms from a dying industry to a new and vital one, providing jobs for those 350,000 coming out of jail.
Large companies could set up collection sites on a per pound basis, so the small farmer and even the back yard gardener can contribute to a healthier economy.
Lower fuel prices, lower food cost and lower health cost = good economy.
Good economy means more parents home with the kids= stronger family values and morals.

What part of this does not follow the concepts and teachings of Gods word?

What part of this is not good for America?
Mr. President, if one person can show me in the Bible where this is wrong, I will shut up.
It is time for change.
It is time for Christian and non Christian to stand together and declare that we will not tolerate these offences to human kind any more.
Mr. President, it is time to change these laws.
God has a purpose and a time for all things.
I am Jeremiah, my name means sent by God.

WE WANT TO GET THIS TO THE EYES OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNINTED STATES. WE WANT AN ANSWER. WE ARE TRYING TO GET NATION WIDE COVERAGE. THIS REQUIRES A LOT OF GROUND WORK AND HELP.

forgot proverbs 31:4-9

kings shouldn't drink and forget the law and deprive the opressed of their rights
give beer to the perishing wine to those in anguish
let them drink and forget their poverty and forget their misery
speak up for those who cannot speak for themsrlves
for the rights of the destitute
speak up and judge fairlty
defend the poor and needy

some paraphrasing but a fun verse to toss out in bible studies

Jeremiah - excellent, brilliant writeup. Please spread it more. Get on the television news or something, it seems like the only thing people listen to these days...

Ill keep your health in mind.

Jeremiah, your story was very moving. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers, and know that we are all in your corner on this.

stay strong,

Mitz

Thank you jerimiah! I would love to hear more. Thank you for taking the time to spread the word and for joining the site. It is refreshing to have someone like you to give us inspiration. ;-)

forgot proverbs 31:4-9

kings shouldn't drink and forget the law and deprive the opressed of their rights
give beer to the perishing wine to those in anguish
let them drink and forget their poverty and forget their misery
speak up for those who cannot speak for themsrlves
for the rights of the destitute
speak up and judge fairlty
defend the poor and needy

some paraphrasing but a fun verse to toss out in bible studies

Wow! This is a really good one. Thank you!

Wow man.. nicely put indeed. I will be praying for you. God Bless!!

Now that's what I call activism!! Although physically impaired this guy still found a way to do his part. Beautiful man. We need more people to speak up like the proverbs verse says. + reps to u for ur taking that type of initiative. Let us know if u get a political response from this. And welcome to our community, I think u'll fit in just fine.

Jeremiah, I will pray for you and do all that I can to spread your shout for help!

Keep up the good fight!

Wonderful post Jeremiah~ur def on my prayer list~& u are an inspiration 2 us all~
God def put the herb here for us~in so many ways~Continue this mission~til the
president & the whole world finally admits that our medical marijuana needs 2 be fully
legal~
PEACE OUT~

i too fractured my l4 and l5 in my back it happened when i was 16 in a drunk driving accident, i fractured thoes virtabrias, ruptured the 2 disks inbetween my l4 and l5, it also caused both of my si joints to fracture as well as my pelvis, i have been through 7 back surgeries and the last one was almost fatal becuase the doctor nicked my small intestine and didnt know it, i was put on 3 doses of morphine and sent home, i was in sooo much pain that i woke up in the middle of the surgery, about an hour after i was releaced from the hospital my stomache started swelling up like i was prego and i started throwing up blood and parts on my inside, my father drove me back to the hospital, i was fading in and out the hole time to the hospital. when i got there they took a catscan and they had to rush me in to emergancy surgery casue i had 30 mins to live if they didnt open me up asap. i woke up the next day with 18 staples on my stomache. they had to take out 4 in out of my small intestine, remove my appendix, take out 1/4 of my liver and a 1/4 of my stomache. after that i got very addicted to oxycotton for about 6 months where i decided to check my self in to rehab and i have been clean for 8 months now. i have smoked pot since i was 13 just for fun, i never realized the power of pot untill after that surgery becasue it got rid of all my back pain (i will always have back pain for the rest of my life cause of the fact that im missing 2 of my disks) and it also helps me get rid of depression that i have since i cant even run a few steps, let alone stand for more than 15 mins, i had to quit racing motocross which was my only passion and i was about to race for a living. and also it helps me with eating because i dont fell hunger at all unless im high, i use to be about 165 before the surgery and i am currently at 130 wich is 30lbs heavier than when i got released from the hospital, i truly beleive that pot has saved me with the help of the good lord and to grow closer to him.

i thought i would tell you my story cause when i read yours it reminded me of my back pain and you will be in my prayers, and by the way im 19 and im from houston, texas

you just touched me in a way ill keep your health in prayer and im copy/pasting this and sending it everywhere its something everyone needs to read;):bong::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom