420 Mag Members Discount - LED Grow Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrowGSL

:420: Whats Up 420 :420:
Soon 420 Mag is going to be hosting a grow journal featuring TWO of our GS600 Pro Bloom Led Grow Lights! We’re going to supply the power for a 4x8 foot canopy with over 1000 watts of LED power.
We’re still getting the last few details setup but since it’s an Official 420 Mag Canasumer Report You can bet the grow will be hosted by a professional grower/member!

In Celebration of this great Journal we are offering 420 Mag Members only a $49 to $99 discount on 4 of our models, the GS300, GS300 Pro-Bloom, Also the GS600 and of course the GS600 Pro-Bloom which will be featured in this journal.

Just take one of these code to the checkout during your order and the discount will be applied automatically!

Gs300 Models: GS300420Mag

GS600 Models: GS600420Mag

Here’s a few facts about our the quality and makeup of the GS600-ProBloom
Our spectrum makeup is superior to any other grow light on the market. Let’s start with 420-490nm range “blues”,these are targeting photosynthetic peaks 439nm and 469nm. Next in line 620-690nm range “red” these reach your photosynthetic peaks found at 642nm and 670nm. There are only 4 photosynthetic peaks, and we target ALL of them with full 3 Watt intensity.

The last wavelength that makes up our Quantum spectrum is the 510-540nm range which is included for the quantum effect. When you include "green" in the proper ratios mixed with the other targeted spectrums of light, the flowering times and growth times will be decreased, & flowers will bud faster and fruits will ripen faster.

We've been studying the effects of green on growth for over a year. No other company has research in this area.

The last optional wavelength we include the 730-750nm range in our Pro-Bloom units, there is two purposes we do this. One purpose is to enhance photosynthetic rates up to 30%, and the other is to increase resin production for those people who grow medical plants. Outside of these wavelengths nothing else is needed to promote optimal growth, which is why we only offer 5-band and 6-band products.

When it comes to spectrum we know what we're talking about, there is a reason behind each wavelength we use, try asking some other companies why they use each of their spectrums on one of those 11 or 12 band units.

We also use 3W-Single chip LED's so you get full brightness through 1 chip, which is much better than dividing the power amongst 3 chips per LED. Watch for companies that use a 3W-3Chip as 3 chips running at 1/3 power doesn’t compare to 1 chip at full power in regards to intensity.

Follow the link in my signature to learn about growing with LED’s and our led technology.

Im using a hydro led at the moment, with 4 cfl's hanging off of it, 2 are uv. These look like a more complete led light. I had always wondered if green light didn't have some positive affect on a plant... but does it?

But I am happy to see more players and innovation. I am 100% sold on LED. I am very familiar with hot lights and breaking bulbs through video work, I hate them. LED solves a lot of problems and works.

The best thing to do is do a side by side with the next best led light of equivalent output and shoot a time lapse of the grow. I guess one should also compare it to a hot light grow for completeness. Thats alot of work but would go a long way to making one light king of the hill.

oh, and hydro's website is a bloody mess... and their print ad's make me wonder what they are smoking ;)

Hey Pondo!

Glad to meet another led grower in the forums. Your right, our light is much more complete than most. Adding in a specific spectrum of green does actually speed up grow times! Now that doesn't mean you can just add 30% green to your spectrum and have it grow even faster..

You want as much of the red and blue peak spectrum's as possible, a bit of green helps the plant absorb the red in blue, hence the Quantum efficiency rise rises. And yes to much green will slow you down again. Quantum efficiency is a measurement of the oxygen a plant produces, the more oxygen it produces the faster photosynthesis is occurring.

Then to just finish the subject, adding the UV spectrum "in the Pro-Bloom models" adds to the Flowers potency and it seems benefits to the plant in veg too.

So your liking the Grow Steal LED website?

I saw the one your talking about, matches the product...

Im wondering how Hydro is claiming that a new lens will increase their light output while increasing the spread and keeping the same led drivers?!! I will say that I did get a defective panel and they took care of it, but it required me to send the unit back. Now their new panels are fully user serviceable.. might want to do the same for your units. I had to wait for a shipment from China.. would be a very good idea to keep a few in the states for quick replacement.

Your site is decent, but it is very difficult to read lots of text on a black background. I would personally remove the white and yellow glow on the text ( top menu and the light list on the left) maybe if you added a fade so it was not such a sharp edge.

If I were you, I would change my brand name.. its too easy to confuse with the stealth grow brand and your logos are as well.

Hi GG, interesting site. Seems the (generally) educated ramblings of folks like GA and myself don't go completely unheeded by everyone in the 'industry'. N'est ce pas?

You want as much of the red and blue peak spectrum's as possible, a bit of green helps the plant absorb the red in blue, hence the Quantum efficiency rise rises. And yes to much green will slow you down again...

Care to share whose chips and what bins you're actually using? I take it these aren't quite GD+.

There's still a very bad trend in the industry as a whole of people using low-cost chips, cranking up the power to compensate, and pushing out way too much heat into these small, inefficient enclosures. And you know what that does.

(For those who don't: the consumer eats the life expectancy, and the power bill.)

Which drivers are you using, if you don't mind me asking? I think a little bit of further clarity will go a long way for people considering your product - as well as whatever floral expositions are in the process of being sponsored.

Cheers,

-TL

Pondo, thanks for you input on the website, and the company name..

Lurker I don't believe we have met, but hey I am always looking to meet new people.

Sounds like your working in the field, and like I have said before we will not be releasing the individual brand names of our chips or the frequency of our drivers, just not something our consumers are concerned about.

Sure there's 1-2 sticklers I may be able to sell to by giving out this "led manufacture(s)" answer but I would also be giving away our industry secrets to do so.

As far as drivers I never ever heard of anyone ever over powering an LED diode ever!

If anything most manufactures UNDER Power them, and yah this is because of heat. Now Lurker I will tell you and all other manufactures out there; running to many led's in series creates more heat.

Your better off having multiple small drivers than 1 or 2 big ones.

We have something to deal with heat for our 900 & 1200 units coming out in the fall.

I'd love to tell ya, here just look at the results, to bad I can't get a grow journal started for the life of me... I don't grow myself I have people in the area "supplied" and they do the same for me, but there not ok with picture cause there the paranoid type..

O well maybe some day

If you are lending out lights and can't get photos, then you are wasting your time with them. PM me if you would like to discuss further.

Hey,

Much respect on your specifications! :thumb:

Your breakdown of total LED wattage AND actual draw is straight forward & upfront, nearly a first in the industry to do so.

Secondly, the coverage area(s) stated are straight-up realistic. It's nice to see a 250w - 300w not try to claim a 4' x 4' grow area.

I look forward to following any Quantum LED grows, please keep us posted (or pm me), should one crop up.

e.

Sounds like your working in the field, and like I have said before we will not be releasing the individual brand names of our chips or the frequency of our drivers, just not something our consumers are concerned about.

Sure there's 1-2 sticklers I may be able to sell to by giving out this "led manufacture(s)" answer but I would also be giving away our industry secrets to do so.

Makes sense. Then again, there are lots of Chinese factories that proudly advertise, "Send us a sample of someone's product and your price-point and we'll get started on them." So the only product protection you might expect would be that if you don't publish specs you won't have to worry about a few(+/-) industrious individuals deciding to build their own lights following your specs. Which is admittedly a consideration - but purchasing components in small (enough to construct one or two panels) lots tends to be rather expensive. Meaning that whatever savings they were able to net probably wouldn't offset their labor unless your profit-margin per unit is really high. Then again, since I assume that you - and every other LED seller - aren't moving 10,000 units/week, you've almost certainly got to make more per item than if you were selling a product that you were able to move in vast numbers. (That's called "staying in business," folks; low volume and low profit per means in six months there'll be someone else in the store's location, lol.)

Personally, I'd disclose as much as I could in terms of generalities - but I'd keep the specifics private too.

I'd love to tell ya, here just look at the results, to bad I can't get a grow journal started for the life of me... I don't grow myself I have people in the area "supplied" and they do the same for me, but there not ok with picture cause there the paranoid type..

O well maybe some day

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but: I assume that you feel your lights are quality products. Therefore, you can reasonably expect that people will do well with them. Cool, but on the other side of this coin is the awareness of people that if they purchase your lights and run a journal - and do well, of course - that you will be able to sell more lights because (a) people tend to follow journals here with interest and (b) you can point anyone that questions the product's prowess to said journal. Again, cool - if you have a quality product and have visible results, you should be able to garner more sales. Only thing is, people will be wondering why they should pay you to increase your sales (yeah, they'll have their yield to offset that payment, but people are people).

I do understand the reason for offering a discount but not offering to supply the LEDs gratis. Your discount probably eats up any profit you might have otherwise made on those particular LEDs and after that you're basically buying someone a panel. (And I understand the issue there; see the "limited volume vs. profit" bit above.) Even if you're just loaning them out for the journal, what you'll get back is something that you can only sell as a used item.

Still, as mentioned, people are people. Perhaps you might be able to send 420 a panel or two that he can pass on to someone on his staff or a trusted member. I'd expect that you wouldn't have any trouble finding someone willing to do a journal with it. In fact, there might be a line forming, lol.

There are reasons for and against both donating equipment and offering to sell it at a discount. I guess you (or anyone) would have to weigh the up-front loss against possible (probable) future sales. Every business has to make that decision based on their own circumstances.

Guess I'm no help, I just typed out what went through my mind when I read that you haven't had any takers yet. Regardless of what you end up doing, I wish you the best of luck and would like to say thanks for being a 420Magazine sponsor!

Cool, I get your point. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Here's some of my counter thoughts if you will:

#1. LED Manufactures will "proudly say" they can make any light you send them however, most of them don't have a clue what there doing. It took us a few manufactures to find one that could follow directions. If you send out our light to some company small enough thats willing to make 1-3 units, Most likely their not thinking of all the specifics "Like you" and they will burn you intentionally or un-intentionally.

Companies send me free lights all the time "mostly the GS300", saying here we built it to your specs on website now buy from us.. every single time I got a sample, it was a total POS reminded me of an "auction style" website light. Either the case sucked or the ballasts or the fans or the wiring or the glass or the diodes or the cord or the power button or the heat sinks or the chip board , always something! In fact When we went to upgrade to dual ball bearing fans, they were like "why" then your unit will just last longer! LOL I Phone head-butted him. Thats the mentality in china so thats why we need to design in America.:welcome:

#2. Your point of view is a bit different on the discount however I do totally get it. See we offer the discount for members here, already wanting a grow light, already planning to post a thread, bow a nice big discount. Not like "hey spend your money on this light to make me happy"

Now I agree "How about some freebies" I mean there's no denying, if our lights do what they say and some one proves it in a thread here it will help our sales at this point. So sure I'll give some away. Who's got something a
GS600 Pro-Bloom Could Rock?

#3. Were going to do a 420 grow at some point, most likely when the GS900 comes out.

Later Brother!:peacetwo:

Companies send me free lights all the time "mostly the GS300", saying here we built it to your specs on website now buy from us.. every single time I got a sample, it was a total POS reminded me of an "auction style" website light. Either the case sucked or the ballasts or the fans or the wiring or the glass or the diodes or the cord or the power button or the heat sinks or the chip board , always something! In fact When we went to upgrade to dual ball bearing fans, they were like "why" then your unit will just last longer! LOL I Phone head-butted him. Thats the mentality in china so thats why we need to design in America.

Yeah, I've encountered counterfeit versions of certain consumer electronic items a time or two and I know what you mean there. Occasionally they would be ok - after upgrading capacitors to something nearing "adequate," but more often they were total PoS that you couldn't really upgrade to functional. Very rarely, the product was something that could pass at least at a glance. But it's still not right.

Hey GrowGSL,
I am researching into either a single gs600 or 2 x gs300 for a 2x4 tent. Which would you recommend in terms of coverage and penetration?

Hey nrgpill, I would Defiantly get 2 GS300, Since the canopy is only 2 ft wide

You can put the 2 GS300's in there sideways, and have a really nice saturation. That would be a nice setup man! Let me know it there's anything else I can do to help!:goodluck:

I would highly suggest not working with brand new members with only 7 posts, please choose from our long term proven growers from our community. ;)
If you are lending out lights and can't get photos, then you are wasting your time with them. PM me if you would like to discuss further.

Hope a journal gets started soon man, i have been interested in LED's for a while but havn't found the one to spark my wallets interest.

You very well might have a customer here lol :D

Greetings all,

I am currently mid-flower with one of GrowGSL's GS300 Pro-Bloom units in half the tent. Also, thanks to the graciousness of GrowGSL and our kind host, 420, I am in the planning stages of a side-by-side 300W LED Shootout. See my signature for the link to my blog.

:Namaste:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom