Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

:welcome:Welcome to the White Light Revolution!:welcome:

This thread is dedicated to growers who are interested in learning more about our mission to provide the cannabis cultivating community with the most efficient LED technology for your specific applications on the market today.

Discover what enhanced white light can do for your indoor garden!
:love::Namaste::love:

Canna Grow Expo San Diego 2016:

CannagrowexpoSD1.jpg

CannagrowexpoSD2.jpg

Cannagrow_expo_SD_3_croped.png

To all of our growers, we thank you for your support and encourage you to share your results and any recommendations to assist us in developing more efficient canna-specific High Intensity LED's & to better serve this community.

Looks like you've had a very busy month, indeed. I wonder if you are the person that I have communicated with via email? He mentioned having been busy - and having to plan, set up, staff, and then break down a display like that at such a large and (IMHO) important event would certainly quality. As in, "Drop everything else, this is priority one," methinks.

BtW, I am always happy to see a sponsor actually participating in the forums instead of simply paying for a banner (don't get me wrong - such sponsors' contributions are important too!). Sponsors who post ought to have more than one single lonely (lol) green "reputation" box under their name... Here, let me add a couple for you :thumb: .

I will tag along with this thread. I personally haven't used any LED lights for growing yet (still behind the times) but I have read about different ones and the benefits in other threads around the 420 Mag community. I have a lot of interest in learning more about these specific light setups with white light included. I recently subbed to a journal of someone who just purchased one of the SE250's and it got me more interested once I seen it in action. Wish I had one myself now!

I love the cob style led. Another thing I like about your lights is that you can bolt multiple lights together and create an array. :thanks: :thumb:

Yes a lot of growers are showing more and more interest in the efficiency the COB style LED's are capable of achieving. Thank you for the appreciation! :Namaste:

Looks like you've had a very busy month, indeed. I wonder if you are the person that I have communicated with via email? He mentioned having been busy - and having to plan, set up, staff, and then break down a display like that at such a large and (IMHO) important event would certainly quality. As in, "Drop everything else, this is priority one," methinks.

BtW, I am always happy to see a sponsor actually participating in the forums instead of simply paying for a banner (don't get me wrong - such sponsors' contributions are important too!). Sponsors who post ought to have more than one single lonely (lol) green "reputation" box under their name... Here, let me add a couple for you :thumb: .

Yes we have been very busy setting up various projects we have going on. Next show we will be attending is the Maximum Yield show in San Francisco, July 23rd and 24th. We had a lot of fun at the show in SD & spoke with some really great people!

We are very happy to be posting here & sharing our results with everyone! I am still learning my way around the functionality of the website. So I appreciate you pointing out that the green dot was a reputation bar, also for adding towards it LOL. Not sure how all that works or what its significance is but we appreciate the love! Hope all has been well for you and yours!

I will tag along with this thread. I personally haven't used any LED lights for growing yet (still behind the times) but I have read about different ones and the benefits in other threads around the 420 Mag community. I have a lot of interest in learning more about these specific light setups with white light included. I recently subbed to a journal of someone who just purchased one of the SE250's and it got me more interested once I seen it in action. Wish I had one myself now!

Thank you for your interest and for tagging along! Hey i still haven't jumped on the whole "dab scene", everyone has to start somewhere & learn at their own pace. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer any concerns you may have!

I am going to be getting some more photos of our lights in action uploaded here very soon. As TS pointed out, we have been burning the candle at both ends lately. Just got in from a graduation ceremony as its that time of year for our California graduates. So i apologize for the late replies everyone! Hope all is well for you and yours!

Happy growing! :love::Namaste::love:

Yes we have been very busy setting up various projects we have going on. Next show we will be attending is the Maximum Yield show in San Francisco, July 23rd and 24th. We had a lot of fun at the show in SD & spoke with some really great people!

We are very happy to be posting here & sharing our results with everyone! I am still learning my way around the functionality of the website. So I appreciate you pointing out that the green dot was a reputation bar, also for adding towards it LOL. Not sure how all that works or what its significance is but we appreciate the love!

It has no functional use, per se; if a member appreciates another member's post (message) - finds it helpful, for example, or maybe it just brightens up their day - they can click on the little six-pointed star at the bottom of the post. That pops up a box in which they can also add a comment (if they wish). As more people add to your reputation, the number of green boxes will increase (and the reputation that you choose to add to someone else will grow in, err, power).

BtW, if you don't mind the suggestion... If you have some sort of recognizable company logo (or other image that you feel like using, I suppose - possibly a picture of one of your panels or some portion of it), you might think about adding it as your avatar. Lots of regular members do so because they identify with or feel strongly about an image (such as the one of the "Okay, joke's over - bring back the Constitution" bumper sticker I use, although it's a little small for ease of reading). I'd think that it'd be even more useful for a forum sponsor. You can upload it to your account in your User CP. If you require assistance, just ask and someone will be glad to help.

Hope all has been well for you and yours!

Well, I've got a (Serious Seeds) Kali Mist, a couple of (Sensi Seeds) Jack Herer, and a (Barney's Farm) Pinapple Chunk seedling - so things are looking up, lol.

BtW, you (are about to) have a PM.

I would be interested in the numbers as far as PAR/PPFD/etc on the 450 watt unit. Hearing some things here and there, supposed to be good for a 4'x4' tent and replaces 600-1000watt HID?

:welcome:Welcome to the White Light Revolution!:welcome:

This thread is dedicated to growers who are interested in learning more about our mission to provide the cannabis cultivating community with the most efficient LED technology for your specific applications on the market today.

Discover what enhanced white light can do for your indoor garden!
:love::Namaste::love:

Canna Grow Expo San Diego 2016:

CannagrowexpoSD1.jpg

CannagrowexpoSD2.jpg

Cannagrow_expo_SD_3_croped.png

To all of our growers, we thank you for your support and encourage you to share your results and any recommendations to assist us in developing more efficient canna-specific High Intensity LED's & to better serve this community.
Sorry I'm late big bro but I'm here now buddy so just as alil taste guys these lites rock

Flower 4x4 1 solar eclipse 450uvb 1 ss150
d5df05939c13f27aeca5583e5889bba6.jpg

922154b350b50312400ec6cc2a6458bd.jpg

Ss 150 x2
3688b3d64856623019690dbfc4138144.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

One thing I can say about this company n that made the decision for me easy is the way I felt like family n all my concerns were calmed quickly n I mean these guys live this grow lifestyle like us n brother fern is like a walking encyclopedia on many things so having ppl like this meant they grow what we do so these lights must do way they say I see it in their work

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

I like the rectangular shape / footprint of that one. Not everyone has a square grow room. Having some products that are more rectangular in shape - along with the ability to assemble a "custom" shape using multiple panels and Amare Technologies neat H-shaped connectors - allow the grower to have a better chance of more evenly filling his/her grow room with illumination.

Like the inclusion of supplemental UV-B in some of their products, the above is something that other LED manufacturers / sellers do not appear to have - and it shows that Amare Technologies put a lot of thought into their products.

I like the looks of the 450uvb and how it is more spaced out. My concerns with how it looks in the 4x4 tent is that the white light is more focused toward the middle of the tent and not so much the outside edges of about 1 foot. You can see it in the pictures where it looks like less light is getting to the outer edges and how there is much more light in the middle. Wouldn't this actually make the footprint for this panel smaller than 4x4? Would it be more beneficial if the white light leds were able to move and point where needed, or maybe have some sort of reflector surrounding them for more coverage?

Just trying to get some discussion going :) Will be interesting to see what these lights can really do.

I like the looks of the 450uvb and how it is more spaced out. My concerns with how it looks in the 4x4 tent is that the white light is more focused toward the middle of the tent and not so much the outside edges of about 1 foot. You can see it in the pictures where it looks like less light is getting to the outer edges and how there is much more light in the middle. Wouldn't this actually make the footprint for this panel smaller than 4x4? Would it be more beneficial if the white light leds were able to move and point where needed, or maybe have some sort of reflector surrounding them for more coverage?

Just trying to get some discussion going :) Will be interesting to see what these lights can really do.

I think if you use the included lenses - the glass pieces included - it spreads the light out by quite a bit which would help the 4x4 coverage. That's just my guess...I can't say this is for sure.

It would be cool if you had adjustable reflectors and could aim the light where you wanted it. But I love the look and design of these lights. The uvb is a great addition. Rectangular shape is my personal preference. :thumb:

It would be cool if you had adjustable reflectors and could aim the light where you wanted it. But I love the look and design of these lights. The uvb is a great addition. Rectangular shape is my personal preference. :thumb:

Yes, that is what I was thinking nismo! For me right now, where I am growing 4 plants to fit a 4x4 space I would like to be able to direct the light more to the 4 corners a little so that the light isn't pointing more to the center. This way there would be more light concentrated toward the middle and outer edges of the plant itself rather than a lot of it going to a void spot in the center where only some branches would be hanging. I realize that if we move the light up in height there would be a larger footprint but then they would also be getting less light wattage per square foot.

I think if you use the included lenses - the glass pieces included - it spreads the light out by quite a bit which would help the 4x4 coverage. That's just my guess...I can't say this is for sure.

My guess would be that the lenses would cause the illumination to be more focused, and that removing them would cause it to be less focused (and, thus, cover a wider area). But that's just a guess, as I do not have one to experiment with at this time. I assume that the grower would also have the choice of "mixing and matching," as it were - IOW, to use the lenses on some COBs but not on others.

Yes, that is what I was thinking nismo! For me right now, where I am growing 4 plants to fit a 4x4 space I would like to be able to direct the light more to the 4 corners a little so that the light isn't pointing more to the center. This way there would be more light concentrated toward the middle and outer edges of the plant itself rather than a lot of it going to a void spot in the center where only some branches would be hanging. I realize that if we move the light up in height there would be a larger footprint but then they would also be getting less light wattage per square foot.

LEDs in general seem to be happier at greater plant-to-light spacing than HPS. That might be due to their intensity or it might be that a certain distance is required for the individual "mono" LEDs - and even the SE450UVB includes those - to be able to combine into a more even light instead of just "spotlighting" the plants in all the individual colors. Or maybe a little of both. Again, this is guesswork on my part because I have never grown with LEDs before.

You do have options. Perhaps, if you are concerned about the footprint and wish to spread it out more, you might be interested in purchasing two panels instead of one? For example, getting two SolarSPEC SS150CRs would allow you to space them apart - and it would be cheaper, perhaps even cheap enough to allow you to purchase a third panel to place in the middle (IDK), lol. Or you might find an other product (maybe even mix and match - they have several different ones) that you like.

From just the little bit of looking around that I have done, it appears that Victor's and Brother Fern's estimates are pretty much spot-on. Which makes sinse, err, sense, lol - these seem to be "cannabis-specific" LED panels that were designed by people who are actually growers. So my (again) guess is that you'd be fine in following their recommendations.

I don't think anyone has invented a 100%-reflective grow room material yet, but some are pretty reflective. In a more or less closed (in terms of illumination) environment such as a tent or small cabinet/room, having the walls as reflective as possible to the wavelengths that the lights produce - and the plants utilize - is, of course very important and can help even out the illumination. Ensuring that the walls are actually flat is important, too, and is something that seems to be overlooked from time to time (no, I am not stating that YOU overlook it, lol - I am sure that you do not). I've seen some pretty "wrinkly" looking inside walls on tents, and I've seen grows set up with those mylar emergency blankets where the (many!) creases are still plainly visible and I wonder how much light is reflected off at odd angles instead of continuing downwards towards the plants. This kind of stuff does not apply exclusively to LEDs, of course - but I would think it would be equally important regardless of the lighting used.

I've gotten the feeling that light-movers can be effective tools when used with LED panels. This probably isn't relevant when a person is dealing with a (relatively) small square space... But it might be something to keep in mind if someone has a non-square space and really wishes to tailor their lighting to it.

I have never seen it done, but I have wondered off and on about a sort of light-mover that, instead of traveling back and forth on a straight rail, kept the light in one spot but "rocked" it. Kind of like those infant swings where the parent turns a crank and the baby swings (only without the baby ;) , and electrically driven instead of from stored kinetic energy). I thought of that when I saw a vertical CoolTube type HPS grow and realized that LEDs were probably always going to have one side be a non-illuminating one due to the necessary components in the case. <SHRUGS> It'd just give growers more options for experimentation (and lots of folks like to experiment, lol).

I see what you're saying, dick. I think that's a problem with almost all LED panels. They have a central design that focuses the light more directly over the center than the corners. LED panels that use only 3-5W single diodes especially have that problem because their penetration is so short. But I don't think it's as much of an issue for CoB LED's because their intensity and wider reflection. The 5W's on the 450 are in 90 degrees lenses that will cover a 4x4 space at 24" high. The cobs are in 120 degrees reflector cups and will be flooding the whole tent quite evenly at ~20". I can't find a PAR chart for the 450, but I plan to make my own to share once Hydrofarm restocks their PAR meters.

I think the best work around would be multiple smaller panels that are directly over your corners. That SE300 looks pretty widely spaced out. Three of those in a 4x4 would be perfect.

Here is my tent with my SE300
555aa4a75756c59c5b5daf5521267517.jpg

I see what you're saying, dick. I think that's a problem with almost all LED panels. They have a central design that focuses the light more directly over the center than the corners. LED panels that use only 3-5W single diodes especially have that problem because their penetration is so short. But I don't think it's as much of an issue for CoB LED's because their intensity and wider reflection. The 5W's on the 450 are in 90 degrees lenses that will cover a 4x4 space at 24" high. The cobs are in 120 degrees reflector cups and will be flooding the whole tent quite evenly at ~20". I can't find a PAR chart for the 450, but I plan to make my own to share once Hydrofarm restocks their PAR meters.

I think the best work around would be multiple smaller panels that are directly over your corners. That SS300 looks pretty widely spaced out. Three of those in a 4x4 would be perfect.

The 300 is supposed to fill a 2x4 and 2 should cover a 4x4 pretty well. It's about 32" long so will for sure cover a 36" space nicely. I'm using it in a 2x4 now but not using the whole 4' length due to fan and humidifier so it is working perfectly for me.

Back
Top Bottom