GYO Seed Bank Club - Join Today

Has anyone ordered from this seed bank?

Sent from my KFGIWI using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I tried and paid with a credit card. They emailed me saying they needed my bank account number and balance before shipping, I would not do that. They did refund the money so they are reputable.

I did ask, they said it wasn't anything I should be worried about sharing. I am sorry, I worry about sharing. They said they could not verify I was who I said I was with just and email address and a phone number, they has to have my bank account number, balance, and full name and address showing. I have the email chain I would happily post. Fraud prevention is what they claimed.

I did ask, they said it wasn't anything I should be worried about sharing. I am sorry, I worry about sharing. They said they could not verify I was who I said I was with just and email address and a phone number, they has to have my bank account number, balance, and full name and address showing. I have the email chain I would happily post. Fraud prevention is what they claimed.

Pass on that. If "verification" is needed, they're absolutely amateurs using some bootleg processor.
Never hand out bank account information over a credit card order, ever. If it's a wire transfer, different rules apply.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Please accept our sincere apologies however we do require some additional information in order to process your order.

As this is your first order with us, could you please provide a copy of the bank statement for the credit/debit card used in your transaction? This must show both your billing address and the last four digits of the card used. You can scan or photograph the document, or take a screenshot, and email it to us an attachment to this ticket.

We do understand that you take your security very seriously. Please be assured that we do the same. We do not print out any personal document supplied and the attachment will be deleted once verification is completed.

For the purposes of protecting you from payment fraud we do require the requested documentation before we can proceed with your order.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Warmest Regards,

Lily

And they say "for the purpose of protecting you from payment fraud"..umm I am the payor.my card company offers me protection against fraud.

Please accept our sincere apologies however we do require some additional information in order to process your order.

As this is your first order with us, could you please provide a copy of the bank statement for the credit/debit card used in your transaction? This must show both your billing address and the last four digits of the card used. You can scan or photograph the document, or take a screenshot, and email it to us an attachment to this ticket.

We do understand that you take your security very seriously. Please be assured that we do the same. We do not print out any personal document supplied and the attachment will be deleted once verification is completed.

For the purposes of protecting you from payment fraud we do require the requested documentation before we can proceed with your order.

Warmest Regards,

Lily

Hahahahaha
That's utter shite.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I see misunderstanding & confusion :geek:

This company do not want to know either your bank balance or your bank account number.

They emailed me saying they needed my bank account number and balance before shipping

If you read the text of that email again, it says what they actually want:

"a copy of the bank statement for the credit/debit card used in your transaction"

"This must show both your billing address and the last four digits of the card used."

Last 4 digits of the card you are using to pay with and your billing address. Everything else on the Credit Card Statement can be blacked out. They don't care how much money you have & don't want to know your account number.

The “last 4” of a credit card number is generally considered safe. It’s typically used either to validate that you are the holder of that card, or that they’re about to apply a credit to the correct card. If that’s all they’re asking for, and the email domain checks out, this is probably fine.

However, the expiration date on your card is sensitive, and so is the CVC number (the three-digit number on the back of your card). If anybody asks for those, then you should be very suspicious.

Warmest Regards,

Lily

Unless I have failed to understand the meaning of "bank statement" there isn't any misunderstanding at all. Say I paid with a debit card, a bank statement in my country includes a account number, a balance per account, and a transaction history per account. Why would I want to share a statement including balance, account numbers, and transaction history to someone I purchased goods from and has already captured the money from my account.

My shop does the same thing when u use a credit card I have to have your address on a statement just showing u r the cardholder and the address is the same. It's a red flag when shopping address is different thin the billing address makes people think stolen card or u don't have permission not really a big deal just looking out for u

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I see misunderstanding & confusion :geek:

This company do not want to know either your bank balance or your bank account number.

If you read the text of that email again, it says what they actually want:

"a copy of the bank statement for the credit/debit card used in your transaction"

"This must show both your billing address and the last four digits of the card used."

Last 4 digits of the card you are using to pay with and your billing address. Everything else on the Credit Card Statement can be blacked out. They don't care how much money you have & don't want to know your account number.

The "last 4" of a credit card number is generally considered safe. It's typically used either to validate that you are the holder of that card, or that they're about to apply a credit to the correct card. If that's all they're asking for, and the email domain checks out, this is probably fine.

However, the expiration date on your card is sensitive, and so is the CVC number (the three-digit number on the back of your card). If anybody asks for those, then you should be very suspicious.
Perhaps if you use a customer copy credit card slip from a purchase you made? That will always show the last four digits. Sounds good to me

Unless I have failed to understand the meaning of "bank statement" there isn't any misunderstanding at all. Say I paid with a debit card, a bank statement in my country includes a account number, a balance per account, and a transaction history per account. Why would I want to share a statement including balance, account numbers, and transaction history to someone I purchased goods from and has already captured the money from my account.

You can blank everything out except the info they need. They only want to to validate that you are the holder of that card.

That's friggin fishy. I would never give away info like that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just placed an order through them last night. First time. Used bitcoin. In and out in less than 5 minutes. They didn't ask for any verification, only asked where to send the seeds. If your issue is bitcoin and not "keeping" money on there, then add it right when you have to send it. Then you know exactly how much to buy.

This was my experience with them, quick and timely thus far. As for the club, I would love to join but I do not plan to buy piles of seeds every year, so cost benefit starts to weigh in.

Back
Top Bottom