Welcome To Our New Sponsor GROWant

Ron Strider

Please join us in welcoming our new sponsor GROWant to our mission of spreading Cannabis awareness to the world.

420 Magazine began life 24 years ago in an endeavor to end prohibition by creating a forum where appreciation and awareness of the Cannabis plant could flourish. We are not only the oldest Cannabis community website, we are also, thanks to our large and sophisticated membership, recognized as the gold standard for knowledge sharing. To continue offering this free service we rely on like-minded sponsors such as GROWant, to whom we are truly grateful. Please support our Mission by supporting them. Our sponsors make 420 Magazine possible.

About GROWant
GROWant is a Miami based LED company and the proud possessor of 17 LED patents applicable to lighting for biological products. With 12 years of research and development behind them and five generations of production lights, they are well-positioned to fulfil their mission of delivering high quality, artificial light to indoor growers, backed up by equally high quality service.

GROWant's panels all offer an enhanced full spectrum with the highest PAR/PPFD per Watt, delivered by German manufactured 2017 Osram horticultural LEDs. Their lights will make your plants feel good, and their contemporary design will make your grow room look good. GROWant's top of the range lights offer touch LCD displays which show time, temperature and intensity of each channel in real time. You can set them in three different modes - for veg, bloom and clone. What's more, you can actually replicate natural daylight by using the sunrise, morning, afternoon and sunset settings. Or pop the panel into custom mode and experiment for yourself, tailoring to your own local conditions. These are also the first lights to have a lightening function - and able to replicate drifting clouds!

GROWant have also solved the problem of LED burnout, so often a frustration for indoor growers. Their lights have a unique "Overheat Protection". Above 50 degrees, the fan automatically runs faster. Above 62 degrees, the power will automatically shut off. And when the light cools to 50 degrees, power automatically switches on again. The whole unit runs as a large heat sink, allowing heat transmission without resistance. The driver runs separately, as an aluminium unit placed outside the tent, delivering 90% power efficiency.

If you are a larger grower, you'll welcome GROWant's Master and Slave capability. One Master unit can run up to 16 Slave units. And no more cables - the connection is wireless!

All in all, GROWant lights are cutting edge, taking nature as their teacher. From the vital elements of power and PAR to the natural add-ons of being able to programme them to reflect the progress of natural daylight, all packaged in neat and modern designs. And if all that doesn't surprise you, take a look at their prices.

Add to all that a 14 day money back offer, 30 day exchanges, a four year warranty and free shipping within the US, and you'll want a GROWant.

Contact

Address:
8356 SW
40 St D-I
Miama, FL 33155

Telephone: 305-938-7450

Email:
Sales: Teresa sales.growant@gmail.com
Service: Michael service.growant@gmail.com
Information: George info.growant@gmail.com

Thank you GROWant for your support in our mission. We are truly grateful!

Thanx for the awesome intro Ron! We at Growant feel we have an amazing product on our hands and can't wait to give some away. Stay tuned for some giveaways and contest where you can win one of our lights. Until then I can't wait to get to know the community here at 420 Magazine better. In the meantime I'm going to try and familiarize myself with this site.
Stay Stoney my friends.

:thanks:As much as I would love to accept the accolades, it is Teddy Edwards who deserves the credit for the workup. He does a great job! We are lucky to have him on the 420 Magazine Team.

Thanx for the awesome intro Ron!

Thank YOU for becoming a sponsor of my favorite Internet forum (and second home ;) ). In addition to the fact that you're helping to keep this website in existence and free for all of us to use, I'm happy to see that you're reading and posting here! Actively participating sponsors have the opportunity to increase general awareness of their products, help educate people (and, potentially, to learn) how to better use those products, and can even provide much opportunity for improving those products.

In the meantime I'm going to try and familiarize myself with this site.

There is a great deal to see here, lol. We have the usual general cannabis discussions, news, information about growing, strain reports, grow journals - and we also have a rather comprehensive medicinal-use section. We even have an area for "industrial" hemp (although that one doesn't see as much activity as some of the others).

And, of course, we have a large - and friendly - membership.

I hope your contributions to 420Magazine are repaid many times over!

BtW, I've just been looking at your website, and reading about your LED grow light products. I must say that I'm impressed. I especially like the REMOTE power supplies. I used HIDs for years, so I'm quite familiar with the concept of removing a component that produces heat (but NO light!) from the grow room environment - and I've wondered why no LED product manufacturer has done what, to me, seems like basic common sense. The "adjustable" feature is also intriguing.

BtW, GROWant, you have a PM (private message) ;) .

I'm happy to see sponsors using quality diodes, look forward to reading and seeing more about your products. I believe your one of the very few that incorporates thermal safety into the lights. I done similar in my last build, using thermal switches. Safety safety safety is most important thing. Thanks and well to be mag .....

Exactly, we are hoping that more companies will follow suit into incorporating a little more added safety to their lights. Not for protection of the light per say but definitely to protect the crop. I'm going to have to check out some of your builds now. Sounds like you know your way around a soldering iron :) have a great day

Beautiful Panels! Excited to see what they can do once some of our own get ahold of them! Welcome!

We can't wait either. That's the true test. You can have all kinds of charts, data, graphs but it comes down to actually performance. That's why we are so excited, because we know how well this light performs. And What better place to put things to the test ;)

Just checked your website out. Was reading where you had peak at the 740nm, far red. Does all models come with far red. Is there anyway to control far red separately? Thanks

Welcome Buckshot317 here!
Good question!
Yes, All mode come with far red 740nm.
When we talk about Modes VEG, Clone, Bloom and CUSTOM, every mode has 5 separate channels includes UV channel and IR channel.
We can dim every channel from 0% to 100% in any particular mode.
I hope our answer covers your question, if not, please feel free to for further asking.

Thanks, that answered it. The far red is nice addition. Can speed up flowering by week or so if used correctly. Thanks

That is very correct!
Far red main function is 730-740nm photons absorbed by pigment phytochrome-pfr convert to pigment Phytochrome-pf, phytochrome-pfr itself responds organization differentiation to form buds, stem, sprout etc, even in dark time, when plants are in sleep.
this also could answer why flowering time, plant need shorten lighting time to 12 hours only.

That's my next project, playing with some far red. Just gotta finish building my new grow chambers.

I'm a big fan of having full control over my spectrum. Can get dialed in, seems like some strains like just a different adjustments.

Are your drivers remotely mounted or are they built into fixtures? I saw in opening statement from Ron, placed outside of tent.

I wish you guys were sponsor earlier, I might not have gotten into building my own lights. All of your features is why I started building. I'm currently running a clw solar system 550, using the osrams with a 3 channel controller. The osrams produce some very nice produce. I'm also big fan of American companies, customer service is 100 times better, and quicker if you have problems.

Look forward to seeing what your lights can do......

Thanks buck for getting those questions answered. Ya just beat me to it lol.

In the next 2 months or so I was going to start building some more lights that included a far red trigger. We have already been using UVB in the last 2 weeks of flower and the added trichomes is noticeable. Like you said, it's nice to see features we have all wanted to be incorporated into the lights themselves.

Time to do some reading. :welcome:

Thanks buck for getting those questions answered. Ya just beat me to it lol.

In the next 2 months or so I was going to start building some more lights that included a far red trigger. We have already been using UVB in the last 2 weeks of flower and the added trichomes is noticeable. Like you said, it's nice to see features we have all wanted to be incorporated into the lights themselves.

Time to do some reading. :welcome:

I'm loving all the interest in our lights. Especially from the diy guys. I don't always get to geek out about diodes to
much so the interaction is awesome.
Definitely read up on far red applications. You can use it as a flower initiator( only applying it for 10 min after lights out) or as part of your spectrum to get the benefits of the Emerson effect. I feel you'll start seeing noticeable results esp if you are familiar with the strain. You should def. add some far red to ur next build. Your plants will love you for it.

Back
Top Bottom