Johny pot seed

keninpain

I think we should all gather seeds and spread them far and wide. Even if it is crap seed spread it have it everywhere. Walking trails, wooded parks, vacant properties. Leave no place un sewn. If it is everywhere johny law will be very busy looking for it. but if it is spread thick enough they cant get it all. Mj nation in 2011. Could you imagine what it would be like if this was done. take a walk in the woods and hope for a 15 foot female to cross paths with ya.;)

Great idea... all my weed, and neighbors too, will be seeded with crappy genetics!

Contrary to whats taught in school, Johnny apple seed did not spread apple seed because apple trees grown from seed are almost never like their parents, they are often sour, ugly, bitter and prone to blight. Johnny was actually into carefully spreading good genetics around via grafting and cuttings.

Better would be to give everyone free, top quality clones and stable seeds to spread around the good genetics, so they dont get lost like a lot of old school strains and landraces did.

Just finished driving around throwing "Slutty Mexican" seeds around town. Thirty or so places on the side of various roads are going to have some new plant life soon. :yummy: Muahahahahaa!

Just finished driving around throwing "Slutty Mexican" seeds around town. Thirty or so places on the side of various roads are going to have some new plant life soon. :yummy: Muahahahahaa!

Operation over grown. Thats funny DXM89. Great name! But look out your going to make snowbender pissed. But he does have the best idea, Free clones for everyone. Thanks for putting me straight snowbender. I forgot how it would effect gene pools. Sometimes I don't think things through. But it was a great fantasy:smokin:

hey i used to do it too while mtn biking...that was till i grew in the triangle and heard the horror stories of whole crops being seeded with crapweed. some growers have even been known to do it in malice to ruin their neighbors crops downwind.

(might be a better plan for fed to battle the so called cartels...flyovers with male pollen could really take the profits out of the mafioso's hands.)

hey i used to do it too while mtn biking...that was till i grew in the triangle and heard the horror stories of whole crops being seeded with crapweed. some growers have even been known to do it in malice to ruin their neighbors crops downwind.

(might be a better plan for fed to battle the so called cartels...flyovers with male pollen could really take the profits out of the mafioso's hands.)

Man thats harsh to foil someone else's crop. I guess they think your cutting into there profits. Its not like you are tipping their profit margine since they have there buyers, And you would have your own. And the male pollen dusting is a great idea, that would surely hurt the cartels where it counts. imagine the money saved on border patrol if the cartels had no product to ship. What a concept.:bravo:

I don't think there are any out-door grows in my area, or at least no one within fifty miles has been busted for one. Also, my timing is off since it's been only a few weeks and it's starting to get cold already. Come spring though, Operation Overgrown!!

BTW, I got the name from someone else on the forum. Gimmie a minute to find out who.. whom?.. Whatever..

Great idea... all my weed, and neighbors too, will be seeded with crappy genetics!

Contrary to whats taught in school, Johnny apple seed did not spread apple seed because apple trees grown from seed are almost never like their parents, they are often sour, ugly, bitter and prone to blight. Johnny was actually into carefully spreading good genetics around via grafting and cuttings.

Better would be to give everyone free, top quality clones and stable seeds to spread around the good genetics, so they dont get lost like a lot of old school strains and landraces did.

All orchard stock: apples, citrus, ect are propagated vegetatively. Seeds are grown out, then selected for mass duplication. Lack of market interest has caused our loss of varieties. Look at any supermarket produce offering and be sad.

Sealed indoor MJ grows with HEPA protection from contamination is for sure. Growing with the best light, the Sun, is frought with peril from A-holes like cops, thieves and indiscriminate inseminators. Like 'baby daddies' in the hood. "Bailiff, wack his PP"

All orchard stock: apples, citrus, ect are propagated vegetatively. Seeds are grown out, then selected for mass duplication. Lack of market interest has caused our loss of varieties. Look at any supermarket produce offering and be sad.

Sealed indoor MJ grows with HEPA protection from contamination is for sure. Growing with the best light, the Sun, is frought with peril from A-holes like cops, thieves and indiscriminate inseminators. Like 'baby daddies' in the hood. "Bailiff, wack his PP"

Hey was this supposed to be sent to leslie harwinkle.(lol) I was set straight by snowbender and apologized for my lack of for thought. And no wonder I can't get a good apple tree from seed. I had not a clue that apple trees were propogated. Ive had tried 3 times to get a good tree from my moms apple seeds.
damn good apples but the trees I made never grew much before dying.

Johnny apple seed also was spreading his wares as a delivery of the fruit to make alcohol, ie hard cider. All cider was hard in those days before refrigeration.
This is not a very well know fact but seems to fall into that time frame of people being so rural and isolated.

As stated above apples from seed are bitter, but would make for easy growing and fine alcohol cider.

It was also a way for him to "Homestead" land in many places.
The law at the time required that anyone claiming land had to grow fifty apple trees to show that they were serious about living on the land.

That alone shows how his story was "DisneyFied"

ive suggested this in other threads, but I think everyone here should watch "botany of desire".

Something that happened to me a couple of days back,but some background first.

When I was in HS I used to plant weed all over my neighborhood and leave to just grow. It was on the edge of town so there were a lot of vacant lots and fields. Some of it would get nabbed by the cops,some of it would be grabbed,mainly by me,and some of it would make it through the season. I was kind of obsessed with it and for a good 4 years I planted weed regularly with idea of it going wild,which it did,but not like I wanted. After HS I left town,but could normally find a bush or two of buds in the usual spots when I came home in the fall. After a few years,work and life caught up to me and I quit smoking weed. I forgot about my great experiment.

A few days ago I'm talking to this kid in a store. I saw the plates on his car walking in and noticed he was from the same state I originally was. I asked him where he was from and he was from the same town that I went to HS in. I knew some of his family,he knew some of mine,and we both had lived in the same end of town.

He'd spotted the rolling papers I was picking up,and when we got outside he mentions the old neighborhood and says ,"Did you ever smoke that weed that grows wild up around ******? It f'in' sizzles." All I could do was beam proudly and say,"Who do you think planted that stuff?"

I don't want to say how long I've been out of HS,but Nixon was in office. It's nice to know my little experiment continued without me.

I guess the moral of this tale is how the actions of one strange teenaged stoner can keep a small town blazed for two generations?

Plant your bag seeds wherever they've got a good shot of going wild,and have fun kiddies.

Something that happened to me a couple of days back,but some background first.

When I was in HS I used to plant weed all over my neighborhood and leave to just grow. It was on the edge of town so there were a lot of vacant lots and fields. Some of it would get nabbed by the cops,some of it would be grabbed,mainly by me,and some of it would make it through the season. I was kind of obsessed with it and for a good 4 years I planted weed regularly with idea of it going wild,which it did,but not like I wanted. After HS I left town,but could normally find a bush or two of buds in the usual spots when I came home in the fall. After a few years,work and life caught up to me and I quit smoking weed. I forgot about my great experiment.

A few days ago I'm talking to this kid in a store. I saw the plates on his car walking in and noticed he was from the same state I originally was. I asked him where he was from and he was from the same town that I went to HS in. I knew some of his family,he knew some of mine,and we both had lived in the same end of town.

He'd spotted the rolling papers I was picking up,and when we got outside he mentions the old neighborhood and says ,"Did you ever smoke that weed that grows wild up around ******? It f'in' sizzles." All I could do was beam proudly and say,"Who do you think planted that stuff?"

I don't want to say how long I've been out of HS,but Nixon was in office. It's nice to know my little experiment continued without me.

I guess the moral of this tale is how the actions of one strange teenaged stoner can keep a small town blazed for two generations?

Plant your bag seeds wherever they've got a good shot of going wild,and have fun kiddies.
:goodjob:

That's inspiring! I am never going to stop planting seeds now, on the off chance I get to say that someday!

Back
Top Bottom