Growing Outdoors, Cops, Sasquatch, Loose Women

bothteams

I thought I would share my experience here as I've gleaned some good information from this forum from good old google. I like peoples stories. I also want to share my experience growing this weed before I go, who knows how long any of us have left.

I have to start by saying one of my friends was shot over a couple bags of weed in an apartment parking lot in the 90s. I had a friend put in jail- he had a good family and a good job putting in network cable for a company, a hustler on the side. My best friends and roommate at the time had chronic coughs. I really never got addicted but drank a lot. Things changed for me personally when I saw something interesting other than my friends getting high.. It was used as medicine. My girlfriends dad was diagnosed with colon cancer in the late 90s. It was so advanced there was nothing they could do but send him home. He was bedridden and couldn't do much. His friends brought him some weed to smoke. He seemed to recover and was his old self for 2 days before he passed away. Basically the family was given 2 days before he died instead of sitting by a bed waiting.

I've suffered myself with a quite debilitating condition and never used anything for it. I just ignored it and let it be part of my everyday life, doing normal things like everyone else having good days and bad. Never complained about it until recently, I find as I get older I'm not as tank as I used to be- but I'm still better than most and can physically do almost american ninja type stuff :) Alcohol is a part of my life and keeps me from ending it all most of the time. I used to make my own medicine as I'm against taking pills for just about anything unless it's necessary, I don't believe in taking 10 pills a day to feel normal. My pops went out like that on a cocktail of meds and at the time I still wasn't looking at cannabis as a serious solution to my own issues as it actually makes it worse until you pass out.

End of 2011 my dad passed suddenly. My life spun out of control for awhile with heavy drinking and generally being lost. I've always been curious and creative and have odd views on money and marriage. Strange thing with me is I've never drawn anything in gov assistance even though I could of at times- it's more principle as I see it for people worse off than I am. I'm just cursed with really good money skills and never borrow from anyone- always live frugal or as some would say cheap. I keep a budget and stick to it. I've always enjoyed building things- I have built my own mill, made my own antennas, that sort of thing as a hobby. I got into hacking for awhile and wrote a lot of code that I really shouldn't have. Did a lot of other things too but I'll leave those out as I'm sure it wouldn't sit well with many here. A lot of the grey stuff I did was really after my dad died, I was a strict white hat before that, relying on my faith and keeping my small life steady so everything made sense for me and my girlfriend. After my pops died and being out of control/having little faith tends to be freeing in a lot of ways. I seen everyone else as these stupid drones who go through life consuming with no purpose. I realized, we are all going to die and only have a short time here, might as well see the world before it's all over. The money I believed to be root of everything evil- was the same thing that could get me around the world to see things outside this great country. Even though I've been and lived/worked many places east, south, mid-west, west coast, all over the United States really, I've never seen anything outside of Canada. There was no blacks there btw. We played find the black guy driving up from Michigan to get ice cream up once. I'll never forget it. I'm sure it's changed some but it's pretty much beiber men and women up there.

Beginning of 2012. I'm in the garage making a gasket to improve a, well let's just call it a water distiller I had been building for a couple months. A friend of mine who knows my little ways comes over with his wife and asks if I want to partner up for a grow zoned in a business district. Sure why not! I've never grown anything substantial, just had some fruit trees and a lawn mower with a flask stuck in my back pocket (oh the challenge of strait edging while blown).

I told him we should try and get another person in who knows a bit more about growing this stuff. I had a old friend from back in the day who's claim to fame was he grows and guards a weed farm in town every year. He lives in squaller but I figured maybe that was a cover. Little did I know what a mistake this would be- lesson learned if it walks like a duck. Let's just call him Bozo to keep it simple. See, my other friends wife was a (let's call her Gertrude) true farmer in every sense. Her family did it for a living but they've never grown cannabis. I got a hold of Bozo and told him about the plan. He shows up and tells me there's a guy a couple cities away selling this strain of candy purp mothers. Now I didn't know what was a good strain and I didn't smoke at the time, so we went to check it out. I end up paying for gas, 90 bucks and the mothers 350 for all. Bozo puts up some hash on the side- which now that I look back at it wasn't even a oz and was green as hell. He flaunted it and told me it was worth 600 bucks. This was how it starts..

I built a 100 plant hydro per Bozos recommendation. Then find out after hosting the mothers we aren't going to use it. My gaydar is going off like crazy but he claims he knows what he's doing and adds stories to back it all up. I build a grow room with 1000 watt lamp and start to grow 200 of the cuttings. He shows me how to make cuttings off the mothers but were losing almost 50% with his method he probably youtubed the night before. He tells me that's normal. What do I know.. He really rubs me the wrong way as he has a big mouth and practically lets the whole neighborhood know I'm growing weed outside. He owns nothing, much less a house so I just let it slide..

We all meet and divide out the land. Bozo claims the veteran cannabis growers on the farm don't know what the hell they're doing and claims we will do 2 harvests this year. It's mid february now and we end up putting the first set (200) in the ground late February. I grew all these myself at home. I see the veteran growers smirking the whole time but they keep their mouths shut and watch the show. The whole thing flowers of course but Bozo here tells us that's normal and they will reveg. I am out there every night making sure nothing is stolen from the grow. He's pulling everything out his ass and we found out later through others he was just a guard on a previous grow. But for now we are sticking with him. The strain never revegges and fake cops come on the farm stealing everything anyway. They were pretty convincing with guns strapped to their legs and a calm demeanor. Even though the recs were posted and we were legal the whole grow gets pulled by the fake cops in a gmc truck. My gaydar was off that day guess. I heard a lao guy was directing everything after it happened- the ladyboy in the grow next to ours was hillarious. I remember the comedy started after she yelled policia! Pulled on her mask and sped off. It's kind of crazy doing outdoor I found. Every bastard you could dream of is out sniffing around like mexican assholes at night. We even had a couple of black guys strait out a book of sterotypes, pull up in a uhaul and chop almost 30 plants and drive off in the middle of the day during the shift.

Anyways we are still listening to Bozo- who knows why at this point. The other grows I found had some big plants missed by the fake cops. We replant a set of candy purp- my electricity bill is around 350 to 400 dollars at this point. Delusional bozo is calling the shots but nothing so far. I start donating clones to make up for the electric bill. The problem is bozo owns half of the strain because he put up that 1/2 oz of hash. So he wants half the donations. We come to a deal where he meets the people for donation and gets half. Well this doesn't sit well with my other friend who wants in as well. It gets split 3 ways. At this point I'm able to pull 400 clones out and a huge electric bill every 1 to 1 half weeks. I improve the cloning process myself because I can read this forum and many others along with some real experience under my belt. I manage around 95% on clones today. I am soley paying for the electric while footing the bill on other things Bozo claims he will pay back like chem for the rows.

Anyways we plant again but it's before May. The candy purp flower again. Bozo is dumping urea 45-0-0 down the rows claiming it's what he's done in previous grows and then sprays them silly with max sea in the mornings. The plants look horrible. I decide to order seeds on my own and grow them out. I am mocked for this (of course). The grow is looking bad and the plants are so small. The purps start to reveg at the solstice but I decide to break away and make my own grow. This of course leads to more mocking. I decide to donate off most of my mothers and give them to bozo so he can move them for a small donation. I accidentally give him my bd mother I just grew from seed which I asked to be returned. It's stolen by bozo. At this point I'm about to leave the grow entirely. I have a test auto jack herer in my rows that's looking tight. The other farmers are laughing at all of us and using bags of miracle grow they know will kill off cannabis- replacing the contents with their own concoctions (knowing if anyone spys and copies, their plant will go full droop like someone dropped drano).

I stick it out and give bozo 77 cuttings for his own because I'm just fed up and he needs plants. My other friend does his own thing and still amazingly keeps some of his purps from a set of 200 I gave him earlier in the grow. He's given a strain from one of his friends in Eureka too. Bozo sticks 25 of the cuttings given to him on day one and they all die. Nothing surprises me at this point. He doesn't even know how to plant and puts them up in the rows like ant hills. I veg my cuttings out and get my set of blue dream in the new plot I worked on for 2 weeks and harvest 8oz off the auto jack (awesome I find later that's about as good as it gets). Bozo tries to grow the bd mother he stole in his grow. He manages to figure out how to plant and gets the rest of the clones in. He loses a few more but manages around 40 total plants in the end. Flooding his rows with 20-20-20 and urea because he's clueless. I study, read a lot on growing. I dig holes around 2 feet down with a pole digger and mix dirt in with the clay. It's now late july :( The vet farmer next to me says it's too late to plant. I ignore them all and plant anyway- using diamond cuts on 44 oz cups east and west to protect from the mid day sun. I don't lose one plant :)

In 3 weeks and aggressive use of chem in the rows and organic nutrients, after drying the soil out to get deep root growth. I open up the rows on each plant and nuke the shit out of them. I'm watering every other day on the rows in 100+ degree heat. The plants go crazy and I get 5 foot bushes after the supercrop before flowering starts. They stretch a bit more topping 6 foot. Some of the bd have 18-20 good colas on them. This is bush at it's finest I couldn't believe it- all these techniques were gathered from growing the previous stuff and trial and error- btw not a fan of fimming.. Found it leaves more colas but they are small.. Bozo tells me topping is the same as supercropping. I gave one of the vet growers who gave me good tips 100 cuts of candy derp I was so sick of it. It's the biggest troll strain ever and bozos favorite. I end up pretty happy with what I accomplished while everyone on the farm is wtf face. Then it happened. Strange night, the birds stopped and we get a micro storm with huge winds. Being a newbie I didn't trellis my plants yet even though they are starting to droop from the weight. It's all over in 15 minutes as I stand there and watch a 50mph wind gale topple over almost every plant. I try to put them back up and spend the next few days with nets and rope to fix it all. My corn cover is even blown down I'm bummed.

Bozos stolen blue dream mother hasn't grown an inch this whole time.. My cuttings are pretty good for the time spent and dwarf his mother (grown from seed). One of the better growers in the collective comes over and we have a good talk. He was telling me people were laughing at us and most newbies don't make it their first year out. It's mid august and it's early flower for me. The vet grower gives me some original gravity to add into my mix. The police chopper is overhead every night now and we have to hide in our outposts. The chopper has this faint light that shoots from it and they can see you clear as day if your uncovered. This is where it gets hilarious. The vet that helped me out speaks good english but a lot of the other growers speak none. I remember running into his outpost as the chopper approached on night. We are in there with one of the wives of a newbie grower. We see the chopper light shine into the outpost as it hovers overhead. Standing there waiting for the chopper to leave when the vet (call him Crazy) starts talking about raping this guys wife. He's all you get that leg I get this one! She doesn't speak english so I'm just sitting there shaking my head. He keeps going on and on and the chopper is right over us I can see the infared light like 3 feet away from my feet lol Crazy talks about all the women he's banged in Thailand- seems to be where the conversation and his money goes most of the time. I know he's probably joking and I enjoy his stories- but that was kind of out of my comfort zone and I drink a lot so. Bozo was there too.

Anyways someone calls the cops and claims they see people with guns at the grow. The sheriff show up dogs and all. I get roughed a bit. The cops are as nice as they can be though and then of course called the feds. I don't really lean one way or the other on police. They are just doing their jobs and I'm sure a lot of them grow too. At this point the whole place goes into a panic the next day and starts chopping what they have before the feds show. I decide to leave mine in. They just weren't ready and I didn't see a point in making hash. Bozo cuts all his down- gets practically nothing. My partner does a partial cut of his biggest plants.

We find out later the fed issued a memo that if you comply with state law, they will not come out. It was a memo issued the week before. Of course there were vets who knew this and didn't cut either. I saw one of them run through the alarm I had stringed up around my grow when the sheriff showed and he actually got away. He was naked btw- only wearing a t-shirt which doesn't surprise me, that's how a lot of these guys roll. A lot dropped after the raid. I make it to the end of September, early October fending off what seemed like daily attacks on the grow by crackheads wanting to come up quick. The police chopper is out full force during this month. The freaks are out at night. One vet was a opium guard back in his home country. Don't think I would have made it without him. He had a hunting outpost setup and along with another helpful vet we'd coordinate everything going on around the farm through walkie talkie. I couldn't speak their language so I'd have to get translated what was happening at any given time. Anyways finally decide to cut. I think the full moon was affecting my ladys. They are tight one day and loose another. Anyways I'm stoked, pulled quite a harvest. I think back on it and wonder though. All the things that could have went wrong did. I feel my faith coming back in ways and maybe that's a good thing. Who knows :) We shouldn't have made it. I cut ties with Bozo but still talk with everyone else. I've come to really appreciate growing this plant too. Watching them follow the sun with laser lock precision is a joy people who don't grow outdoors can't really see. Crossing strains gives you vigor I found too- I grew out quite a few crosses with the strains I have playing around. You can really do a lot in breeding. My first year was like 5 years worth of experience as everything that could have went wrong did. I can honestly say I can grow big plants. Given more veg time, this year should be much better but I'm not sure I'm going back- new laws and all. Some of the plants were 14-16 feet tall in the other grows. I've come to appreciate the different strains and see the difference in mold resistance between strains too. No luck in getting gdp kens cut though- wanted to fem those seeds oh well.

I hope you enjoyed my story.. It's all true :Namaste:

Good story, man :tokin: Life is strange :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom